Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 08:20 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times

Advertisements

Canada? Might want to read up on how left Canada is.

Mexico…and further down? Most wouldn’t be able to handle it…lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 08:29 AM

3,647 posts, read 1,601,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
A lot of the south, Dakotas, Montana, actually quite a few places in nearly every state, places in New York state would qualify right now. The truth is people want to live in places that still give access to bigger city amenities. People want higher-paying jobs, things to do, and a variety of places to visit or eat that cities provide. That is why suburbs took off, your close but not too close.

When people want the things you listed they realize those places exist all over the US. The real question is how many amenities that are found in suburbs and cities do they want to lose? And how self-sufficient do they want to be?

The hard-right act like someone has to move to the moon to get away from "Tyranny" or "Mean Liberals" or "crazy politics of liberal cities" when the reality in most states is you could move 20-30 miles away from a city and find exactly what you describe across the US.
Yes but a lot of people are already moving to the small nearby towns. This trend started years ago and the road to one small town has become a boulevard with Home Depot, Walmart etc I haven't started looking yet for a really nice small town that has local grocery and restaurants etc, that people are not moving to in mass. Can you name one?

Old 02-03-2022, 08:37 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRabbi View Post
When the USA falls fully to the left will running to Canada or Mexico be better to start all over?
#1, Canada will become a totalitarian communist dictatorship well before the US ever would. They have no natural defense, their constitution is swiss cheese and can be over-ridden by something called the "notwithstanding clause", which means "notwithstanding whatever it says here, if a politician wants to take away your rights they can do it because you're a plebe"

#2, the US will never fall to the left. It will either remain free or everybody is going to die. There are close to 400 million GUNS in the hands of PRIVATE citizens here. If it goes down that path everybody left and right is either getting nuked or shot and its all over. Mutually assured destruction

Old 02-03-2022, 08:40 AM

4,547 posts, read 2,271,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Lets be clear. NO ONE can just "move to Canada ". We have a very strict set of Immigration regulations, that are based on the actual employment qualifications and formal education of the individual applicant. The regulations and the application process is the exact same for EVERYONE, from any country on earth. In 2022 Canada is looking for University graduates, with at least 5 years of direct working experience in their specific area of training. OR skilled and State certified trades workers, again with 5 years of direct working experience. Applying to come to Canada is a competition, not a lottery. We want the best people, that is why we have a points scoring system where the higher your score, the more likely it is that you will be offered a chance to come here. Applicants must.....pass a medical examination that they pay for ion their home country. Provide a Police record from their home country with no criminal convictions. Provide documented proof of their educational standings, and provide documentation of their past employment for at least ten years. Be able to provide proof that they have at least $15,000 Canadian dollars in the bank to cover their first 6 months of living in Canada ( that is for a single person ) or $30,000 for a family of 3.

As I said the process is not easy, and it takes time. Many apply , only about one in eight is accepted. The overall theme is this....What positive things does this person/family bring to Canada, that will improve our country in the future ? We are looking for young educated professionals, who will help us to build a better future for our country. Who will raise their children to be good citizens, and useful contributors to Canada.

Many countries have these same rules/requirements. But the US is racist if we try to upgrade the quality of those coming here.

Look at the invasion on the southern border. They all look well fed, nicely dressed with cell phones. Being poor is not a reason for us to take them in. If that were the case - we would be full of people from India, Africa and many island nations.

This is a problem created by and continued by the left.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:53 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,399,736 times
Canada isn't the USA. They don't allow anybody on the planet to simply wander in and stay forever. You might want to actually take the time to research how visas work for different countries. It makes me laugh when people say they will leave and think it's that easy. The reality is unless you offer something special not too many places will welcome a useless garden variety American.

Mexico could be okay if you have a steady income stream and can prove it. There are some places in SE Asia that offer cheap visas with few questions. If you want to live in the third world Laos, Cambodia and the Philippines check the boxes. Be prepared for a western lifestyle to be more expensive than it is in the USA.

On the other hand show up at the Canadian border and claim asylum because the leftists reign supreme. Bonus points if you tell them Trump sent you.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:02 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Lets be clear. NO ONE can just "move to Canada ". We have a very strict set of Immigration regulations, that are based on the actual employment qualifications and formal education of the individual applicant. The regulations and the application process is the exact same for EVERYONE, from any country on earth.
In 2022 Canada is looking for University graduates, with at least 5 years of direct working experience in their specific area of training. OR skilled and State certified trades workers, again with 5 years of direct working experience.
Applying to come to Canada is a competition, not a lottery. We want the best people, that is why we have a points scoring system where the higher your score, the more likely it is that you will be offered a chance to come here. Applicants must.....pass a medical examination that they pay for ion their home country.
Provide a Police record from their home country with no criminal convictions. Provide documented proof of their educational standings, and provide documentation of their past employment for at least ten years. Be able to provide proof that they have at least $15,000 Canadian dollars in the bank to cover their first 6 months of living in Canada ( that is for a single person ) or $30,000 for a family of 3.

As I said the process is not easy, and it takes time. Many apply , only about one in eight is accepted. The overall theme is this....What positive things does this person/family bring to Canada, that will improve our country in the future ? We are looking for young educated professionals, who will help us to build a better future for our country. Who will raise their children to be good citizens, and useful contributors to Canada.

Take this post for the fact it is.
I once thought of moving to Canada as a resident alien, living there while keeping my American citizenship. This was back in the early 2000s.
I scored enough points to do it, but didn't have the money at the time. Even if I had filled all the requirements, I would have had to wait in line for my permanent visa behind all the other qualified people who had filed before me.

I could move there and live while the process was happening, but I would have had to leave if my visa was denied for some reason. Since I live in a state that borders Canada, I decided to stay here. Canada is only a long day's drive away.

I have a friend who married a Canadian woman.
She moved back to Canada to care for her elderly parents and to use their health care for one of their kids who is disabled.
He's a truck driver, and applied for citizenship, but was denied (for reasons unknown to me). They divorced, as that was their best solution. Neither of them wanted to divorce at all, but there was no way they could continue to live with each other as a couple.

Once divorced, they both re-married as time passed. It still pains my friend so much to think about it that he hasn't seen his child in years and allowed his ex-wife's new husband to adopt him.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:22 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Take this post for the fact it is.
I once thought of moving to Canada as a resident alien, living there while keeping my American citizenship. This was back in the early 2000s.
I scored enough points to do it, but didn't have the money at the time. Even if I had filled all the requirements, I would have had to wait in line for my permanent visa behind all the other qualified people who had filed before me.

I could move there and live while the process was happening, but I would have had to leave if my visa was denied for some reason. Since I live in a state that borders Canada, I decided to stay here. Canada is only a long day's drive away.

I have a friend who married a Canadian woman.
She moved back to Canada to care for her elderly parents and to use their health care for one of their kids who is disabled.
He's a truck driver, and applied for citizenship, but was denied (for reasons unknown to me). They divorced, as that was their best solution. Neither of them wanted to divorce at all, but there was no way they could continue to live with each other as a couple.

Once divorced, they both re-married as time passed. It still pains my friend so much to think about it that he hasn't seen his child in years and allowed his ex-wife's new husband to adopt him.
This is all true but the Trudeau government has been moving to blow immigration wide open to accept waves of Islamic and minority refugees. He is fully indoctrinated in the Soros ideology of blowing up all borders and deconstructing all of Western Society and all social norms. He absolutely a woke social constructionist

Old 02-03-2022, 10:29 AM

19,029 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Chile. Go to Chile, like mid country. Or Uruguay.
Just pick a country that media didn’t say a word about in decades. Means, it’s good country and quiet place to be at.

Old 02-03-2022, 11:22 AM

1,665 posts, read 975,121 times
If you're a proud citizen of the United States, then you wouldn't run. I know I won't.

Old 02-03-2022, 11:25 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Lets be clear. NO ONE can just "move to Canada ". We have a very strict set of Immigration regulations, that are based on the actual employment qualifications and formal education of the individual applicant. The regulations and the application process is the exact same for EVERYONE, from any country on earth. In 2022 Canada is looking for University graduates, with at least 5 years of direct working experience in their specific area of training. OR skilled and State certified trades workers, again with 5 years of direct working experience. Applying to come to Canada is a competition, not a lottery. We want the best people, that is why we have a points scoring system where the higher your score, the more likely it is that you will be offered a chance to come here. Applicants must.....pass a medical examination that they pay for ion their home country. Provide a Police record from their home country with no criminal convictions. Provide documented proof of their educational standings, and provide documentation of their past employment for at least ten years. Be able to provide proof that they have at least $15,000 Canadian dollars in the bank to cover their first 6 months of living in Canada ( that is for a single person ) or $30,000 for a family of 3.

They would make me king if I moved there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies