Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 08:27 AM

13,565 posts, read 4,874,467 times

Advertisements

I think it depends. Straightforward Defund the Police I don't think is supported by very many Democrats. But I think there is more support for the idea of using more social service type responders to incidents involving mental illness or drug use, as opposed to armed law enforcement. Certainly an idea worth exploring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 08:33 AM

10,498 posts, read 4,312,072 times
To answer the OP: they (the dems) are doing everything in their power to make it appear so. who are we to argue?

Old 02-03-2022, 08:35 AM

10,498 posts, read 4,312,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
On Fox News they show a montage of Democrats who support it but then I read an article on Yahoo that states that it’s just a narrative Republicans are trying to push and most democrats don’t support it.

Cant believe them lyin eyes

I think it was just yesterday that Susan Sarandon did something on some social media platform I dont have to compare the NYC dead officer memorial procession to facism. do you REALLY have to look much further?

Old 02-03-2022, 08:38 AM

15,740 posts, read 6,447,235 times
I think the only people who supported it were some inner city Democrats during the peak of the George Floyd protests; it was clearly a ludicrous idea from the start and ultimately self-defeating.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:43 AM

3,276 posts, read 2,106,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I think the only people who supported it were some inner city Democrats during the peak of the George Floyd protests; it was clearly a ludicrous idea from the start and ultimately self-defeating.

The leftist "elites" and deranged activist types around the nation do seem to be the near-exclusive supporters of this and related policy movements. The resulting chaos and crime in cities run by such people have provided clear and objective evidence that such policies serve only to increase despair and harm — particularly in the very communities the leftists profess to be championing.

I'm gobsmacked this has turned out to be the case... *cough*

Old 02-03-2022, 08:49 AM

52,547 posts, read 34,276,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
To answer the OP: they (the dems) are doing everything in their power to make it appear so. who are we to argue?
^has a point.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:49 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,615,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The slogan emerged from within the Geo Floyd Protests.

There is no formal definition and seems to mean different things to different people.

No shortage of Republican politicians use the broad brush to paint all Democrats in favor.

It’s similar to how some Democrats use the broad brush to paint all Republicans as white supremacists. / neo Nazis.

Imagine in 2024 we will be treated to never ending loops of 1/6 vs protests/ riots following Geo Floyd death.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:50 AM

52,547 posts, read 34,276,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
The leftist "elites" and deranged activist types around the nation do seem to be the near-exclusive supporters of this and related policy movements. The resulting chaos and crime in cities run by such people have provided clear and objective evidence that such policies serve only to increase despair and harm — particularly in the very communities the leftists profess to be championing.

I'm gobsmacked this has turned out to be the case... *cough*
george soros absolutely supports it. he's spent oodles of money getting crime-friendly DAs put into office all over the country.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:52 AM

1,826 posts, read 623,791 times
If you do not support it, say so. If the idea is outrageous, then say so loudly. Unfortunately, the American people of all political biases suffered because most Democratic leaders did neither. And when the people suffered, they will think 'support'. You cannot blame them.

Defund the police is truly the most stupid idea in recent American politics memory. And how did the consequences got out so fast? Only Democratic Party leadership know and they ain't talking because they are too cowardly to admit it.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:57 AM

78,016 posts, read 60,232,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I am sure there are many who don't support or care enough about it.

But they obviously won't or can't get on air or social media and speak Against it.

when they do They'd get uncle tom'd out.
https://www.kmbc.com/article/jackson...-law/37872721#

Kansas City's mayor was against defund....but got ganged up on and facing a potential loss in the next election pulled an about face and did in fact participate to some extent.

The defund folks in KC had rallies with effigies of dead cops\pigs...nice people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies