Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 09:35 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Many aren't supporting it but they're not speaking out against it either.

Bingo! Why the more moderate Dems continue to sit on their hands is beyond me. There seems to be this unwritten rule that "thou shall not speak out against the hive" as if it contributes to weakness within the Party. Living in Seattle, I know MANY of my friends who are guilty of this action. Don't see this changing anytime soon. It is what it is....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 09:36 AM

9,507 posts, read 4,342,349 times
The Dems I know engage in typical liberal double-talk when discussing this issue. They'll say things like "nobody really wants to defund the police, it's just rhetoric". Then next sentence out of their mouths is "But, the money being spent on the police should be redirected to crisis intervention counselors, etc". Which means taking money from the police. Their position is that "defunding" means completely taking away all police funding. This argument allows them to claim they're not actually against "defunding", because they acknowledge that the police should get some funding, but a reduced amount. Bottom line: semantics is all these morons have. We all know that even reduced funding has been disastrous. Dems/libs are now finally starting to realize what a dumb idea it was and are scurrying around like a bunch of rodents trying to act like they were just misunderstood. World class imbeciles.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:38 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
There was never much support to begin with, so now that the idea has died, there's no big need to speak out against it.

At the time, the thought was radical, but seen as a way to discipline a renegade police department.
A threat to a city council and a police force they had better weed out the killer cops or else.

The mainstream Democrats never thought it was a good idea at all. As far as I recall, no city actually used the idea.

And once killer cops began being tried and convicted, there was no more need for it.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:40 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Dems/libs are finally starting to realize what a dumb idea it was are now scurrying to act like they were just misunderstood.
Nice post! This in fact is happening in Downtown Seattle. They realize what a dumb idea defunding the police is, but they certainly WON'T admit it LOL. You nailed it!

Old 02-03-2022, 09:41 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
we had a similar issue with policing after Vietnam PTSD among troops and officers...not a word about that?

defund the police is about the difference between urban and suburban policing and the many more "social" resources the suburbanites have...its also about the absurd military equipment many police depts have...media distorts everything

Old 02-03-2022, 09:45 AM

1,134 posts, read 404,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Many aren't supporting it but they're not speaking out against it either.

It was a concession to BLM and party fringe and even some places that started down the path of defund have sobered up as minority bodies piled up in subsequent crime and murder waves in those cities.
That's my perception also. I don't think most support it, even when people like Rashida Tlaib scream "Abolish The Police!!" to her 1.5 million Twitter followers. I think she realized how foolish that was shortly after.

I believe many DNC politicians are afraid to speak out against that slogan for fear of losing many of the Black voters. Some thing when it comes to speaking out against black-on-black crime.

Old 02-04-2022, 10:40 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
OP, you need to keep up with the news! It has already happened in some cities, police replaced by social workers.
YOU need to keep up with the news, like this from today's FoxNews:

President Biden, during an event at the New York Police Department on Thursday, said "the answer is not to defund the police,"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/biden-dont-defund-police

Old 02-04-2022, 10:43 AM

4,508 posts, read 1,864,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
YOU need to keep up with the news, like this from today's FoxNews:

President Biden, during an event at the New York Police Department on Thursday, said "the answer is not to defund the police,"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/biden-dont-defund-police
That degenerate was whistling a different tune when trump was in office.

I wonder what caused the change of heart???

Old 02-04-2022, 10:57 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
On Fox News they show a montage of Democrats who support it but then I read an article on Yahoo that states that it’s just a narrative Republicans are trying to push and most democrats don’t support it.
The defunding and "reimagining of the police," no cash, or small cash bails, and allowing criminals to go back out onto our streets, has been supported by the Democrats in the largest cities, and by may dems in the leadership positions of the Democratic Party. It's these people who are shaping the party and taking it into the toilet.

Many democrats don't support a lot of what the leaders in their party support, and yet, the stupid dem voters just keep pulling the lever to reelect them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9OZMBuVL5U

Last edited by Wapasha; 02-04-2022 at 11:50 AM..

Old 02-04-2022, 11:03 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
That degenerate was whistling a different tune when trump was in office.

I wonder what caused the change of heart???
Biden says some funding should 'absolutely' be redirected from police

Because you know, the police have "become the enemy" of the people.

Last edited by Wapasha; 02-04-2022 at 11:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies