Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2022, 07:54 PM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
Because now days people shoot and kill cops much more often. It used to be if a cop got shot, it was by some loser career criminal on the run with nothing to lose. Now it is teens, dopers, cop haters and political anti establishment nuts along with all the career criminals of the past. Now cops have to worry about people who are mad over some other cop shooting and wanting to take revenge. People call 911 and then ambush cops. So cops are on edge. But the common thread is the person shot was not complying, reaching for something and/or acting hostile in most cases. If you get stopped by a cop, start shouting and threatening them, reach for their gun or into your own pocket or car or do anything that makes the cop think his/her life is in danger you deserve to be shot.

Not to me. I appreciate cops and the job they do. If the cop tells me to keep my hands in view, answer a few questions and show ID, that's just what I do. And, I am dang near 70 and haven't been shot yet.

Bull! There may be an occasional bad cop, but it is very rare. What is more often the case in the lone female cases, is the woman claims to have been harassed and the body cam clears the cop. I think a nice five year sentence for anyone falsely accusing cops of sexual harassment would stop these phony charges. I saw a video on youtube of some woman claiming she was harassed and treated unfairly because of her race. The body cam cleared the cop, but the woman wasn't charged. She should have had a nice prison term and it made public. TV shows make it look like every cop is crooked and a serial harasser, but the reality is far different.

We need cops, and we need to respect and protect them. We don't need criminals and we need to incarcerate the non violent ones and execute the violent ones.
A very small percentage of cops are bad, the problem is the cover up and when good cops turn a blind eye to police that should not be on the force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2022, 04:34 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
It was a dumb tag line someone came up with. A few people copied it. Since then, the Repubs have been trying to smear it on ALL Democrats.
Yes. In the FL Senate race Marco Rubio was trying to smear Val Demings with it.

She fought back with an ad calling defunding the police just crazy.

She's got a new ad out with LEO's who worked with her when she was the Orlando Chief of Police saying she would never support defunding the police and basically inferring Rubio is stupid for leveling that charge at a former LEO.

Old 08-07-2022, 06:06 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Nobody I know supported defund the police."
And what is that supposed to mean? Get your head out of the sand.

"More than 20 major cities have reduced police budgets in some form, and activists are fighting to ensure that is only the start"

"$870m cut from police"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...oney-community

Do you deny all the DEM RUN cities that did?

"But many want to know why some cops shoot first and ask questions later."

Out of the over 6 million interactions civilians have each year with the police, how many times has this actually happened?

You talk like it happens daily.

"This mantra of just do what the cop says and there won't be trouble is troubling"

The "mantra" is true uneducated people are saying it but, the accusation is asinine.

"There are some who become cops so they can push people around"

Another wild accusation.

I have driven traveled all over the country many times and have been stopped by many cops and NEVER have I had this type of experience.

Have YOU actually experienced? Or is it just more B.S?

"There is always one cop in a county who stops lone female drivers for some im//www.city-data.com/agined infraction"

You have made a LOT of accusations

Back them up!

Not with anecdotal B.S but with REAL data.

Why do you think so many are either retiring of quitting?

"Police officers across the country are retiring and quitting at record levels.?
Percentages do not matter if your loved ones were the ones shot by 6 crooked cops who lied to get a no knock warrant. They had the wrong house. Turns out, they had been under investigation for years prior. That caused grave doubt in every drug case those cops had been involved with. It was common knowledge they lied.

I have no issues with honest cops. But their loyalty should be to the citizens they serve, not to fellow cops who are crooked. Just because I think cops should be trained and supervised does not mean I want police departments defunded. Same goes for teachers in public schools. Get rid of the stupid ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies