Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your opinion?
Yes, liberals/the left have destroyed morality in Amerca 109 66.46%
Morality has declined, but it is not too late. 34 20.73%
No, America has not had any moral decline. Everything is hunky dory. 21 12.80%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 06:06 PM

27,541 posts, read 28,625,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Define America's moral compass.
Having safe and clean places to live for families with children. Not having cities that are drug-infested ghettos and havens for gangs and criminals.

That would be a start.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:14 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Immigration? Illegal immigration isn't "immigration" aka coming here legally but the liberal left embraces the latter and blurs the lines those two groups as if they are the same. We don't need illegals coming here to breed. If we need legal immigration to increase our population numbers then so be it but that's a long ways off if ever.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:15 PM

1,701 posts, read 780,695 times
I don’t believe in the zero sum morality game that progressives are all “immoral” and conservatives are all “moral”. If I want that, I can go to NYT WAPO or Breitbart. Everybody believes they’re more morally just and they keep talking past each other. We, Americans, are all to blame for the degradation of America.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:23 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
When has the U.S. truly had a moral compass?
I've been asking that same question myself. Being a descendant of slaves, it's hard for me to see a time when America as a whole had a strong moral compass.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:24 PM

35,666 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
On a wide range of issues - including crime, immigration, law enforcement, abortion, marriage, sexual identity, drugs, education, religion - America simply isn't what it used to be.

Do you think the left has successfully destroyed morality in the United States?
I refute the statement. Go through history, the shoot’em up cowboys, terrible child labor, the mafia wars, spouse abuse, huge Ponzi schemes, and fraud. The cocaine cowboys and the drug wars, the gangs, Crypts, Hells Angels, Latin kings, MS13, the KKK and their atrocities, child sexual abuse in the church, school shootings, presidents and other political figures assassinations, and I could fill the page, but you really think the only ones committing crimes or being immoral is the left, you live in total denial. First, evil has no boundaries, and pointing the finger to one side is not factual.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:30 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Yes the liberals are responsible for the moral decline of America but it started when the government took church and God out of the classroom.
It never belonged there.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:30 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,443,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I refute the statement. Go through history, the shoot’em up cowboys, terrible child labor, the mafia wars, spouse abuse, huge Ponzi schemes, and fraud. The cocaine cowboys and the drug wars, the gangs, Crypts, Hells Angels, Latin kings, MS13, the KKK and their atrocities, child sexual abuse in the church, school shootings, presidents and other political figures assassinations, and I could fill the page, but you really think the only ones committing crimes or being immoral is the left, you live in total denial. First, evil has no boundaries, and pointing the finger to one side is not factual.
It's not only not factual, it's inherently damaging to our culture and our country to push this agenda of "all the problems of the country are due to the evils of (the other side)".

Old 02-03-2022, 06:31 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
This kind of mentality is part of the problem - people wanting the government/state to do what they should be doing at HOME.

“Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.” Matt 20:21

Your children’s religious upbringing is not Caesar’s realm.

Further, you want forced religion, particularly the forcing of your religious beliefs. That’s unconstitutional.
Amen.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:34 PM

33,305 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The specific issues mentioned are totally representative of the liberal left.
Nope.

Leftists and liberals are two different things.

Leftists aren't liberal.

Leftists are often closed minded and intolerant.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:34 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,491,032 times
Civilizations generally last around a thousand years. We are in approximately the last century of our civilization, when the founding philosophy, narratives, beliefs, values, etc., don't work anymore for what the world has become. The left and right are not so far apart, since the leftist belief in progress is just Christianity's belief in heaven/paradise, minus the god bits. The USA, Christianity, and progressivism are all near their expiration dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies