Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 09:39 AM

21,832 posts, read 9,386,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I agree that it was not a nice comment to make at such a time, but you have to understand the mindset behind it...if police are going to continually violate our Constitutional rights, then something drastic needs to happen to change that, if the govt/ lawmkers will not do that, its up to the citizens...this is America, its how citizens are supposed to react if their rights are being violated.

It comes down to enforcing bad laws, (or unconstitutional laws I should say)...Example...if you lived during the time of the Jim Crow laws...would you obey or comply with them? (because it was the law of the land)...of course not! And if police enforced those laws, they would be just as guilty as those who created the laws.
You are at a much higher risk of criminals or the government violating your rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 10:24 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,382,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
"Shut up Janet!"
Damn it, Janet!

Old 02-05-2022, 12:27 PM

1,021 posts, read 439,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Turns out if you don't rob and kill the police don't try to arrest you and don't end up shooting you when you fail to comply
That's too logical. Fail to comply, resist etc.

After all, it's America 1922 to these people. There is always some reference to the past; ''if you lived in Jim Crow era...''.

The holocaust of white cops hunting blacks in America; as of 2019, 9 unarmed blacks being killed by cops.

Old 02-05-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I agree that it was not a nice comment to make at such a time, but you have to understand the mindset behind it...if police are going to continually violate our Constitutional rights, then something drastic needs to happen to change that, if the govt/ lawmkers will not do that, its up to the citizens...this is America, its how citizens are supposed to react if their rights are being violated.

It comes down to enforcing bad laws, (or unconstitutional laws I should say)...Example...if you lived during the time of the Jim Crow laws...would you obey or comply with them? (because it was the law of the land)...of course not! And if police enforced those laws, they would be just as guilty as those who created the laws.
What a bad and misplaced analogy.

And what ''bad laws'' or ''unconstitutional laws" are cops guilty of enforcing today given that they are law enforcement officers?

Just part of the mentality today of ''i don't like that law, so I can pick-n-choose which ones I will follow''.

Then again, Manhattan has Fat Alvin to back this mentality up.

Please provide the unconstitutional laws today that we need to ignore and place blame on cops for enforcing?

Old 02-05-2022, 12:50 PM

88,300 posts, read 84,292,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Damn it, Janet!
Hey, I said it first! (But I bet I didn't think it first!)

I still say that from time to time, and I first saw RH back in the 70s.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:26 PM

19,709 posts, read 10,054,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
What a bad and misplaced analogy.

And what ''bad laws'' or ''unconstitutional laws" are cops guilty of enforcing today given that they are law enforcement officers?

Just part of the mentality today of ''i don't like that law, so I can pick-n-choose which ones I will follow''.

Then again, Manhattan has Fat Alvin to back this mentality up.

Please provide the unconstitutional laws today that we need to ignore and place blame on cops for enforcing?
All gun laws are unconstitutional and should be ignored. Cops swear to uphold the Constitution, so they are violating their oath when they enforce gun laws.

Old 02-06-2022, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
All gun laws are unconstitutional and should be ignored. Cops swear to uphold the Constitution, so they are violating their oath when they enforce gun laws.
I get what you're saying but my response was directed at a particular poster.

Gun laws are constitutional until they are not. 2nd Amendment, I believe, has yet to be fully applied to the states. With Zhoe Biden in the White House, the 2nd Amendment could very well be under attack or dismantled on all government levels.

Regardless, cops don't make the good or bad laws; it's not their job to decide which laws to enforce.

That said, it is a good counterpoint to the Marxist DAs disguised as Progressive Prosecutors picking-n-choosing which basic criminal laws to enforce. All part of their collective effort to undermine the justice system in the name of Criminal Reform and creating equality by not enforcing the laws they are sworn to enforce.

Hence the mayhem going on in these Blue ''Progressive'' cities, currently taking an incredible toll in BLL (Black Lives Lost).

Hopefully we can all agree that cops won't answer or enforce any law, good or bad, if Susan Sarandon calls 911.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:33 AM

6,907 posts, read 2,643,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hey, I said it first! (But I bet I didn't think it first!)

I still say that from time to time, and I first saw RH back in the 70s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZtavHAsQCM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies