Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 06:40 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
VR is being embraced by the younger crowd as well as by some of us old fogies
I will never believe until I see it. IMO VR is always going to be a niche technology that mostly gamers use and that the masses are not going to want to get imprisoned into to run their lives

Can you imagine a family of 4 sitting at the dining room table all in their own VR world every day? Me neither
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 06:56 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I will never believe until I see it. IMO VR is always going to be a niche technology that mostly gamers use and that the masses are not going to want to get imprisoned into to run their lives

Can you imagine a family of 4 sitting at the dining room table all in their own VR world every day? Me neither
https://newsroom.accenture.com/news/...port-finds.htm

Quote:
NEW YORK; Apr. 29, 2021 – In a new report, Accenture (NYSE: ACN) estimates that the full value of the gaming industry now exceeds $300 billion, more than the combined markets for movies and music, driven by a surge in mobile gaming and an emphasis on social interaction during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Accenture’s new report — “Gaming: the new superplatform” — analyzes data from 4,000 gamers across four of the largest gaming markets — China, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States — to understand gamers’ needs and the drivers behind the industry’s massive growth...
People keep underestimating that market.

Old 02-04-2022, 06:58 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
People keep underestimating that market.
Sorry but nobody underestimates the number of single adult males in their parents' basements

We're talking broader society here

Old 02-04-2022, 07:02 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Facebook/Meta stock crashes, loses users. Tik-tok blamed.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wi...tanks-82656545

Parlor or Gab might have had something to do with it as well. Can this capitalist compete?
Fewer users because Facebook is banning them. More than half my friends and family have been banned. It's gotten so boring now on Facebook. Reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons where Marge starts a campaign against Itchy and Scratchy for being too violent and then eventually wins to the point where the new censure is so drastic, kids found the show boring and started going outside........

Old 02-04-2022, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
Like anything — people get tired of it. Facebook hit peak saturation and now people are tired of the drama and how depressed it can make them. People are tired of having algorithms feeding them what it thinks they want to see.
For me, it's not even that. For some reason, I am having a hard time making posts on Facebook. I try to type and there is like this very long delayed drag between each keystroke, and it's just unbearable. I can probably make two or three posts or comments before it gets too aggravating and I just get off the site. I already questioned FB staff about this but they want to blame it on my PC, and it's BS. My computer has no problems handing all other websites and is super fast. FB is the only problem, so I just think they are purposely throttling my connection to force me to leave since I don't do anything that is against the TOS.

Also, I use a Google Chromebook for my online blogging and entertainment. Facebook is the only website where the computer actually froze up and I had to force the computer to shut down and restart it. Makes me think that Facebook is trying to get into my system and my system had no choice but to lock up to avoid them from breaking in....

Old 02-04-2022, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Well, the morons on the left, with smiles on their faces and noses in the air, told the right (who were complaining that they were getting canceled for positing opinion) to "build their own internet and social media. So they did.

Careful what you wish for, lefties. Or you'll all go the way of CNN (10 people still watch).
Only reason CNN is still chugging is because they have some contract with major airports.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post

Agreed, just like the DBOX seats and IMAX in theaters. Except for big production movies, those seats and theaters stay absent.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:36 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
I forgot what made FB worthless.... Ads, bots, and targeted posts.

Holy hell, the gaming ads, regular ads, story ads, bots in groups, and targeted posts from people you don't follow are too much. Instagram is going down the same rabbit hole. Bots all over the place.

These tech companies sold their soul to advertisers, now they're shocked that they're losing money. If they don't get the ads and bots under control, it's game over.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:38 AM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
I dumped Facebook over a year ago and don’t miss it at all.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:43 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Only reason CNN is still chugging is because they have some contract with major airports.
And Burger King dining rooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies