Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2022, 11:27 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNonkNonkReturns View Post
Mayor and Chief walk out of conference following the release of the body cam footage.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XDljn6...ture=emb_title
Dam what kind of leadership is that? They are cowards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 11:40 PM

264 posts, read 100,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Dude had a gun in his hand.

When they opened the door they shouted "Police! Get your hands up!", etc.

Looks like a justified shoot to me. <shrug>

Why would anyone have a loaded gun by their bed?

When a person is in deep sleep and is awakened suddenly at the sound of a group of people entering their residence, what percentage of people would reach for a weapon?

10%

20%

over 50%

Old 02-06-2022, 12:02 AM

264 posts, read 100,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
You're missing the point. It's not the "what" it's the "why". Is the no knock warrant the problem or is it just the fact that it was done to a black person?
Is not the issue the use of no knock warrants?!

Primarily due to cases such as Breonna Taylor and this particular case, where innocent people lost their life.

Therefore, why should only BLM protest such incidents as this?

Really, there should be many additional organizations and individuals protesting that innocent people are losing their lives due directly to the use of no knock warrants.

Old 02-06-2022, 03:45 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,951,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedThink View Post
Is not the issue the use of no knock warrants?!

Primarily due to cases such as Breonna Taylor and this particular case, where innocent people lost their life.

Therefore, why should only BLM protest such incidents as this?

Really, there should be many additional organizations and individuals protesting that innocent people are losing their lives due directly to the use of no knock warrants.
I agree

Didn’t Breonna get caught in a nighttime crossfire between her boyfriend and the cops (not only didn’t the cops know Breonna was in the crossfire they certainly didn’t hit her in the crossfire because she was black)? The (now defunct?) BLM scammers who ridiculously got involved discredited the entire protests.

And, the discrediting will continue with this case as long as the (now defunct?) BLM scammers grab headlines.

Old 02-06-2022, 04:37 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Wow the video if the mayor and chief is just absurd. It's a bunch of clowns running the show up there and I hope the citizens of the city hold them accountable.

Old 02-06-2022, 05:09 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
In US policing, no knock warrants are like firearms: Way, way overused. An exceptional tool to be used in exceptional cases has become routine.

And as you yourself seem willing to at least start discussing, there can be a huge gap between "reasonable" and "within policy". At least, thanks to cameras, we're having the debate now. A lot of the body politic doesn't listen and won't read, but they can see.
I agree fully.

I don't know enough about this specific scenario to comment on whether the NKW was justifiable or not, which is why I haven't commented on it.

Old 02-06-2022, 05:12 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,855,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Likewise, I'm a conservative and don't like no knock warrants, and think they should be illegal or very, very, very seldom used. In fact, right now I can't think of a good reason to use them, but perhaps there MIGHT be a rare instance when they would be necessary. I just think that there are other ways to accomplish the arrest or search which don't endanger innocent lives.
Anyone that has read my post knows that I'm very conservative, and very pro-police, But this shooting was not justified in my book. I don't blame the officers on the scene, they did what they had to do so they could go home to there family.
The higher ups and judge that signed off on this warrant should spend the rest of there days in a cell IMHO.
No-Knock warrants should be banned at this point, they do more harm that good at this point.

Old 02-06-2022, 06:17 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
fun fact: the derek chauvin trial judge is the one who signed the warrant.
It looks like he specifically signed a no knock warrant. I hope that PoS will have some irony coming his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Your conservative buddies all over the internet are saying good riddance armed murderer shot and killed by police while pointing gun at the police.

This case is disturbing to say the least because I sleep with the gun nearby. I have many conservative friends who sleep with the gun nearby, and they have pretty much collectively agreed that this was a justified shooting. And conservatives wonder why the rest of us think conservatives are racist.

Where is the NRA?
I am conservative on many issues and stand with Rand Paul in making these no knock warrants illegal.

I see other conservatives in this thread opposing it.

Democrats are in control where this occurred and have not yet made it illegal. They considered making it illegal in 2020 and declined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedThink View Post
Why would anyone have a loaded gun by their bed?

When a person is in deep sleep and is awakened suddenly at the sound of a group of people entering their residence, what percentage of people would reach for a weapon?

10%

20%

over 50%
Doesn't matter. He wasn't violating the law.

The police nationwide do 70,000 no knock warrants a year, it is a miracle more aren't killed this way.

Old 02-06-2022, 06:43 AM

15,403 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Anyone that has read my post knows that I'm very conservative, and very pro-police, But this shooting was not justified in my book. I don't blame the officers on the scene, they did what they had to do so they could go home to there family.
The higher ups and judge that signed off on this warrant should spend the rest of there days in a cell IMHO.
No-Knock warrants should be banned at this point, they do more harm that good at this point.
The main job of police, unlike their claims, is NOT to go home at the end of the shift. It's to protect and serve the public, which means taking some amount of risk. In my mind, it would be better to have dead police than dead citizens killed by mistake and poor training. Now, it's good that everyone is still alive at the end of their shift, but police emphasize that over protecting and preserving the lives of the public.

Old 02-06-2022, 06:55 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,855,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The main job of police, unlike their claims, is NOT to go home at the end of the shift. It's to protect and serve the public, which means taking some amount of risk. In my mind, it would be better to have dead police than dead citizens killed by mistake and poor training. Now, it's good that everyone is still alive at the end of their shift, but police emphasize that over protecting and preserving the lives of the public.
That's an easy thing for you to say while sitting in your comfortable chair, behind a keyboard.

Like I said I don't blame the officers in the field, they did what they had to do. The Judge who signed off on this warrant show hang in my opinion.
NK warrants should be completely banned, they are a 3rd world shat hole tactic, that has no place in American society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies