Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 06:13 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Years ago in Minnesota there was a little girl shot dead as she slept on the couch. The cops had the wrong residence. There was even a video of the cops firing from the outside before they even entered. The cops were not punished. There was a PR spin and the cops kept lying about it and tried to get rid of the video. People kept insisting that the girl's father must have been guilty of something and defended the police. The cops had even left the girl to bleed and arrested her father when he was trying to help his daughter. The father was facedown in handcuffs as his girl was dying and the cops took their time calling for assistance. They were too busy covering their tracks. This might have been in Minneapolis. I am not sure. I know it was in Minnesota.

Names please...???

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 06:56 AM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Old 02-04-2022, 06:57 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Dude had a gun in his hand.

When they opened the door they shouted "Police! Get your hands up!", etc.

Looks like a justified shoot to me. <shrug>
This is America, not Russia or Nazi Germany.

Besides that, ANYONE can yell 'police, get your hands up', even criminals intent on robbing.

BTW...what laws were they enforcing in busting in like this so aggressively? The civilians inside must have been jihadists!

Old 02-04-2022, 07:07 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Besides that, ANYONE can yell 'police, get your hands up', even criminals intent on robbing.

BTW...what laws were they enforcing in busting in like this so aggressively? The civilians inside must have been jihadists!
OK, after watching the video it looks pretty bad. Also new info- the kid they shot was not named in the warrant, he had a legal gun and no criminal history. Not good.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:09 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Names please...???

I remember this incident as well.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:19 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

I have no idea what the warrant was for. If you want to say no-knock raids should be prohibited, I'll hear the argument.

I'm simply saying that in this case, they appeared to follow procedure.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:22 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Seems like a better policy would be to just stake out the door and wait for someone to come out and address it that way.
i agree. seems like much less chance of a major screwup that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
welp, that settles that.

probably won't stop the protesters though.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:22 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I have no idea what the warrant was for. If you want to say no-knock raids should be prohibited, I'll hear the argument.

I'm simply saying that in this case, they appeared to follow procedure.
Murder

Old 02-04-2022, 07:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
No knock raids have been a problem for a long time. Who really cares enough to offer legislation to stop it?

June 2020
"Sen. Rand Paul introduced legislation Thursday to stop the use of no-knock warrants, an idea that Democrats are also pushing in their calls for police reform.

The Kentucky Republican’s bill, titled the Justice for Breonna Taylor Act, requires federal law enforcement officers to give notice of their authority and purpose before entering a home.The law would also apply to state and local law enforcement agencies that receive money from the Justice Department."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...arrants-314303

Apr 2015
"After being unable to breach the door fully, they threw a stun grenade into the residence. The flash bang was inadvertently tossed into the playpen of a 19-month-old child, resulting in significant burn related injuries. As it turns out, the suspect that the response team was looking for wasn’t even at the residence. The district attorney and Georgia Bureau of Investigations would later go on to justify the actions and procedure administered during the raid, even when taking into account the end result. Unfortunately, events like this happen all too often, bringing the need for more skepticism about the necessity of no-knock raids."

Some people know where they stand. I stand with Rand.

Old 02-04-2022, 07:28 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Murder
No, it's simply not.

The "anyone could shout 'Police! Hands up!'" defense is pretty thin.

Whether this dude was a "subject" of the search warrant is irrelevant. A bunch of dudes with flashlights open your door shouting "Police! Hands up! Police!" - you should probably think twice about picking up that gun.

<shrug>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies