Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2022, 08:41 AM

8,246 posts, read 3,500,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I am a conservative and I think no knock warrants should be illegal. I sleep with a gun close and I could see this happening to me.
This almost happened to me, but with the way I reinforced the door the cops were unable to kick the door in. The noise that they were making trying to kick the door in woke me up. I was being swatted because they had received a call that I was inside the apartment with a gun threatening to kill myself and others. I had been in bed asleep. I never was able to find out who made the call. They have literally redacted the records.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2022, 08:55 AM

15,444 posts, read 7,511,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And how many times has no knock been successful?
1 incident does NOT paint the whole picture.

What are the statistics no knock?

ALL people make mistakes.

I'd bet even you have made a "few"!

In your scenario the cops knock on the door and announce who they are and that they have warrant for so an so, who happens to have long rap sheet of gun violence, including murder, etc, and starts shooting through the door at the cops and kills 1 or 2.

Which scenario do you want?
So, you are OK with innocent citizens dying at the hands of police, as long as a few guilty criminals are taken out? I'll take the scenario where police die over innocent citizens dying. Police are paid to take risks. They just refuse to, preferring to kill innocent citizens, just in case they are bad guys.

If police die getting shot through a door, they had bad tactics and were untrained and ill prepared.

If I make a mistake in my job, no one dies.

Old 02-06-2022, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Don't confuse the "know-it-alls" with FACTS!
The fact that police killed an innocent citizen is the only fact you need to know. The police were a bunch of cowards in this situation. That's right, cowards. They all went home, had a good dinner, and slept soundly with no feelings of remorse, while an innocent citizen lays dead.

Old 02-06-2022, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
That's an easy thing for you to say while sitting in your comfortable chair, behind a keyboard.

Like I said I don't blame the officers in the field, they did what they had to do. The Judge who signed off on this warrant show hang in my opinion.
NK warrants should be completely banned, they are a 3rd world shat hole tactic, that has no place in American society.
No, the police did not do what they needed to do. They took the easy way out and killed an innocent citizen. All of the involved officers should be fired. The judge can't be fired, but should resign.

Old 02-06-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I guess this is a good lesson for us to either get a dog, or put some kind of alarm on your doors and windows. You can buy alarms real cheap on the internet now. Or at least make sure you have your dead bolts locked.

It still bother's me that the police had a key. This whole thing is fishy as hell and it's why so many people don't like the police.
A deadbolt will not keep them from breaking in. What I do to reinforce the door does. It gives you a lot more reaction time than an alarm would.

I have not heard of cops having a key before. Perhaps a landlord gave it to them?

Old 02-06-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
He could have had a tv remote in his hand and the outcome would have been the same.
Yes, that has happened before. Nothing happened to the cop.

Old 02-06-2022, 09:05 AM

45,238 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Yes, that has happened before. Nothing happened to the cop.
Imagine making that same mistake as a private citizen

Old 02-06-2022, 09:26 AM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
He could have had a tv remote in his hand and the outcome would have been the same.
Sad, but true.

Quote:
And how many times has no knock been successful?
1 incident does NOT paint the whole picture.?
How many innocent citizens minding their own business in their own home are you willing to sacrifice on that altar?

Old 02-06-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Imagine making that same mistake as a private citizen
Right. Regular people would be in prison.

Old 02-06-2022, 09:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
A deadbolt will not keep them from breaking in. What I do to reinforce the door does. It gives you a lot more reaction time than an alarm would.

I have not heard of cops having a key before. Perhaps a landlord gave it to them?
This is why we have the 2nd Amendment in the first place. ANYONE breaking down the door to get into my home...will not be going home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies