Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2022, 08:20 AM

854 posts, read 340,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Also, I doubt that the city will burn as the "summer of love" violence we saw was instigated by political activists and designed to hurt Trump and the GOP at the ballot box. They've achieved their goal, so no need to burn things down anymore.
This is a bizarrely conspiratorial take on what happened in Minneapolis after George Floyd that could only be expressed by a hyper-partisan. The actions in Minneapolis after George Floyd was killed were a spontaneous outpouring of rage from the community after a senseless killing. They were not orchestrated by any group towards a political agenda. I know this because I live here. People were angry, they didn't have to be prodded out into the streets. Of course after the protests many partisans on both the right and left tried to manipulate the narrative to advance their agenda but that had nothing to do with the actual events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 08:21 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,956,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
They did. They had a key. They unlocked the door, and opened it. Did you watch the video?

lmao Did you watch the video? The stormed in which threatened a person who had not done anything wrong. They didn't just "open the door".

Go play your silly games elsewhere.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:31 AM

19,768 posts, read 10,214,519 times
If you are NOT a criminal and someone kicks in your door, your first instinct is self-protection. And then the cops shoot you when they are in the wrong. No-Knock warrants should be illegal, period. Too many times they have been at the wrong house or had the wrong information.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:37 AM

11,969 posts, read 25,560,368 times
Worth noting deep blue cities like Minneapolis seem to do no better at preventing excessive police force than more moderate and even GOP areas. Twin Cities metro has had some of the worst examples of the past decade.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:40 AM

45,348 posts, read 26,608,155 times
Where’s the NRA on this?

Old 02-05-2022, 08:42 AM

2,633 posts, read 2,693,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPowers View Post
Do right wingers not constantly boast about firearms for protection?
The police executing a search warrant would not be for protection.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:42 AM

30,754 posts, read 18,460,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnifor View Post
This is a bizarrely conspiratorial take on what happened in Minneapolis after George Floyd that could only be expressed by a hyper-partisan. The actions in Minneapolis after George Floyd was killed were a spontaneous outpouring of rage from the community after a senseless killing. They were not orchestrated by any group towards a political agenda. I know this because I live here. People were angry, they didn't have to be prodded out into the streets. Of course after the protests many partisans on both the right and left tried to manipulate the narrative to advance their agenda but that had nothing to do with the actual events.
Nope. It comes from watching the left engage in hyper partisan "protest" movements over the years. George Floyd protests were spontaneous in some sense, but the much of the prolonged nature of them were called upon and encouraged by leftist politicians and activists who tried to use things for their own sick partisan agenda. They actively encouraged and called people to take to the streets to protest "systemic racism," and during the middle or a raging pandemic mind you that they were simultaneously shaming right wing protesters over lockdown conditions over (I recall language along the lines of right wing protesters not caring if grandma/grandpa dies, etc.).

And it went beyond George Floyd. Minneapolis burned for way more causes than George Floyd. Floyd was the catalyst in this regard, but "activists" added fuel to the fire for other issues as well.

Is it any wonder why these same political types have not been calling for people to take to the streets over this and other issues since Biden-Harris took over?

But, again, when you look at the actual history of the left over these "protest" movements (from the anti-war protests to the BLM/Antifa riots), what I wrote becomes clearer. I've seen far too much to give leftists the benefit of the doubt over this issue.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:46 AM

9,508 posts, read 11,272,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Dude had a gun in his hand.

When they opened the door they shouted "Police! Get your hands up!", etc.

Looks like a justified shoot to me. <shrug>
So some thug kicks your door in at 0300 and yells "police!" And you have a gun and can't see who it is. Do you trust someone who kicked your door in at 3am?

No-knock is damn bad policy. The sooner gone, the better.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:47 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,711,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
The police executing a search warrant would not be for protection.
WRONG...that is precisely what the 2nd Amendment is for...Citizens can protect themselves from the govt, or agents of the govt.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:48 AM

25,901 posts, read 16,624,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Worth noting deep blue cities like Minneapolis seem to do no better at preventing excessive police force than more moderate and even GOP areas. Twin Cities metro has had some of the worst examples of the past decade.
It has been well known for a long time, I’m talking 40 years that their cops are terrible. Back when the Vikings moved from the Met Stadium in Bloomington to the Metrodome in Minneapolis it was bad. Some friends and myself went to the opening game and got our little grille out and our cooler of beer to do a little tailgating. Minneapolis cops pull up, kick our grille over and cuss at us and tell us they aren’t putting up with us tailgating. One guy had his hand on his baton like they were going to beat us too. We were 20 years old and didn’t talk back. They were really bad, I had never seen anything like that. I can’t imagine what black people were dealing with back then from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies