Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 09:45 AM

7,140 posts, read 4,738,083 times

Advertisements

Biden’s massive stimulus created job growth, but also sparked the highest inflation in four decades. Price hikes are eating up everyone’s paychecks.
Now Joe has to depend on the fed to get it under control by hiking interest rates.
People see price hikes, rent hikes, real estate out of control hikes, future interest rate hikes that will stifle young people’s ability to purchase homes, gas hikes. Fed is treading in dangerous territory trying to fix Biden’s massive spending, and easily could trigger a downward spiral.
In general people don’t get any benefit from Biden and still feel misery. He gets no credit understandably.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 09:45 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,283 times
Let’s Go Biden!

Old 02-04-2022, 09:47 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,714,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
That is a Trump initiated policy that Biden ended even though many of his supporters were asking for another round.
Not accurate, Trump's stimulus bill was bipartsian, the GOP did not control congress. Trump wanted more of the money to go directly to taxpayers and the Democrats forced the vast majority to be allocated to special interests and forgivable business loans

Old 02-04-2022, 10:30 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,250,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
lol for what? If Brandon had his way he would have another 5 rounds of trillion dollar welfare so people could stay home.
I think you mean, "Thank you Joe Manchin"

Meanwhile up north:

Canada loses 200,000 jobs, nearly double the blow economists expected
https://financialpost.com/news/econo...wn-the-economy
Do you just look for bad news.
Can't find anything with the US economy so bring up Canada.
So off topic.
And is a bad economic forecast good for the united states? Think FX. Think import exports.

Old 02-04-2022, 10:35 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
GDP +5.7% in 2021
+467,000 jobs in January 2021
WoW!

Trump never had numbers this good

Thank You Joe!
Actually the entire second half of 2020 were "better" in terms of raw numbers but that and the numbers in 2021 were the bounce back after huge decreases due to Covid in early 2020.

So I leave everyone to argue in partisan-land how one guys numbers are better than the others and aren't covid bounce back etc. etc. etc.

It's in the OP's initial post and link if you want to look.

Old 02-04-2022, 10:38 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,898,917 times
I hate to burst Brandon's bubble, but:

Here Is What's Behind Today's Stunning Payrolls Beat

Quote:
First, looking at just the December to January change we find that while the seasonally adjusted number rose by an impressive 467K, the unadjusted number collapsed, tumbling from 150.349 million to 147.525 million, a 2.8 million drop (as it tends to do every time the year shifts from December to January) meaning that the entire delta in the January number - somewhere in the 3+ million range - is due to arbitrary adjustments overlaid on top of the data.

The plot thickens, and indeed one thing that analysts apparently forgot when they were submitting their forecasts for January's payrolls is that this is the month when the BLS adjusts data for the past 10 years as part of its population estimates revisions, which impact both the Household and more important, Establishment, surveys.

In summary, what these revisions did was to revise 2017 job growth lower by by -61,000, 2018 lower by -26,000, 2019 revised lower by -43,000, while 2020 was revised higher by 124,000, and 2021 was also revised up 217,000, or in total a 211,000 upward revision over 5 years or 3,500 jobs per month.
Focusing on just 2021, we find something curious: the stunning print from the summer which saw June and July print at or over 1 million, have been slashed by almost 50%, at the expense of most recent months such that October added 29K, November added 398K and December added 311K jobs to what was the original print only as a result of seasonal adjustments. Said otherwise, March-July was revised lower by -1,061,000 while Aug-Dec was revised up by +817,000.

At this point the answer what is behind the massive January beat should be becoming clear: how did a -2.8 million actual drop in jobs translate into an adjusted 467K? If you said seasonal, covid and population control adjustments, you are right. And to be sure, this is something both we and others flagged, when we lamented that month after month, the BLS appeared to be using stale seasonal adjustments.

But digging deeper shows that this was not just an ordinary seasonal adjustment.
As SouthBay Research notes in his NFP postmortem, "there has never been a January Seasonal Adjustment of this magnitude"

If only normalizes the January seasonal adjustment, the payrolls number is some 309K lower, or ends up being 166K, right on top of expectations.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/he...-payrolls-beat

Oh who am I kidding, I like bursting his bubble.

Old 02-04-2022, 10:39 AM

4,505 posts, read 1,862,029 times
Biden voters across the country have burned through their government handouts while sitting at home being worthless and some of them are finally starting to feel pain as the cost of living in this country skyrockets.

It’s nice to know the businesses that I rely upon for goods and services will finally be functioning normally again as these parasites are forced to choose between homelessness and going to work.

It’s been too damn long.

Old 02-04-2022, 10:43 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,714,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post

lol, the Biden regime fixed the jobs number?

nothing surprises me anymore with this guy

Old 02-04-2022, 10:44 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
So did a bunch of Trump supporters literally lie earlier this week when they said jobs were down in January?

Haven’t followed it closely, but this seems to be a remarkable display of Biden Derangement Syndrome.
I’ve got a cure for that, buy a houseplant and smoke some crack.

Old 02-04-2022, 10:50 AM

1,134 posts, read 404,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post

Oops, you just popped James Bond's daily Brandon balloon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies