Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 11:29 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,840,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Americans, even on this site, fully believe the propaganda they are fed.
And when someone says things that contradict this propaganda, he is called a paid agent of Putin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2022, 11:34 AM

Quote:
This is the most demented framing of the Ukraine situation by the Wall Street Journal:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dismal-...ng-11643988253

The Ukrainians bombed the international airport in Donbas, they have conquered about 50% of the region, they are shelling the outskirts of the city, and the western nations have pummeled them with sanctions.

But its Russia's fault for the downfall of the local economy. These people can't even keep their narratives straight, I thought there were no civilians in Donbas and it was just a military instillation?

Americans read this garbage and think they need to save Ukrainian democracy. This country is screwed.
I would say that ordinary Americans take the side of evil everytime, taking such a garbage for the truth.

Old 02-06-2022, 11:52 AM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The WST is part of the CNAS rotating door scene, just like the NYT, WP and others. They are government-affiliated propaganda outlets, not independent newspapers.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/nation...curity/278151/
So state propaganda then.
While the REAL journalism looks like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgrSb8G57cI

(I am discovering all these dispatches only lately, and I am impressed by the quality of coverage by this British correspondent to be honest.

Before, I saw the VICE coverage on Donbass made by someone S. Ostrovsky - a former Soviet Jew by the sound/look of it.

A lot of these people that moved to New York have an ax to grind when it comes to Russia, so obviously HIS coverage with all the *virtue signalling,* and clearly biased approach was not worthy to watch.

I feel sorry in particular now that he was the one assigned to interview Zakharchenko - then head of the DNR.

I didn't even know that this Brit journalist was originally doing such great and objective coverage.

( May be that's why VICE removed him from the task and replaced him with someone like Ostrovsky? He-he.)

Old 02-06-2022, 12:01 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So state propaganda then.
While the REAL journalism looks like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgrSb8G57cI

(I am discovering all these dispatches only lately, and I am impressed by the quality of coverage by this British correspondent to be honest.

Before, I saw the VICE coverage on Donbass made by someone S. Ostrovsky - a former Soviet Jew by the sound/look of it.

A lot of these people that moved to New York have an ax to grind when it comes to Russia, so obviously HIS coverage with all the *virtue signalling,* and clearly biased approach was not worthy to watch.

I feel sorry in particular now that he was the one assigned to interview Zakharchenko - then head of the DNR.

I didn't even know that this Brit journalist was originally doing such great and objective coverage.

( May be that's why VICE removed him from the task and replaced him with someone like Ostrovsky? He-he.)
This was back from 2014.

Vice doesn't report from the rebel held territory anymore. They now produce stuff like this: https://www.vice.com/en/article/z3nq...reign-fighters

Buzzfeed is the worse however. Christopher Miller: https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM?re...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Miller is from NY, and his job is to report on the Ukraine government propaganda line. He does not reporting in Russia or Russian held territories.

Old 02-06-2022, 12:19 PM

A few years ago there were excellent YouTube video reports about the events in Donbass and Crimea by an independent English journalist Graham Phillips. In my opinion, he was the most truthful British reporter regarding information about the situation in Eastern Ukraine.

Old 02-06-2022, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
A few years ago there were excellent YouTube video reports about the events in Donbass and Crimea by an independent English journalist Graham Phillips. In my opinion, he was the most truthful British reporter regarding information about the situation in Eastern Ukraine.

Oh but did he go to make reports from Ukrainian side of the fence?

That's what "the most truthful reporting" IS Musiqum, that's what quality journalism is all about, and not the one-sided "truths" that you admire so much.

Old 02-06-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh but did he go to make reports from Ukrainian side of the fence?

That's what "the most truthful reporting" IS Musiqum, that's what quality journalism is all about, and not the one-sided "truths" that you admire so much.
Every well-informed and sane person knows that the truth is on the LDNR side, but you still need to hear stories and narratives from the Ukrainian side to determine the truth. Wow! Just wow!
And don't tell me about what quality journalism is when the Kievan junta banned many foreign journalists (including Graham Phillips) who tried to say something opposite to the Ukro-nazi regime.
They just can't make truthful reports from another side of the fence. They're not allowed this.

Last edited by musiqum; 02-06-2022 at 01:57 PM..

Old 02-06-2022, 02:45 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
From another source of independent journalism, Nury Vittachi, the guy is currently located in HK, but also writes about other places:

https://www.fridayeveryday.com/press...inger-at-west/

There is also a bit on broken Nato promises in it...

Old 02-06-2022, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Every well-informed and sane person knows that the truth is on the LDNR side,

And who this "well-informed person" would be?

Do you understand that the AVERAGE person has to make up his/her mind on the ground of the objective information, that the journalists in mainstream media suppose to supply them?

It's THEIR JOB, and that's how public opinion is formed.

Quote:
but you still need to hear stories and narratives from the Ukrainian side to determine the truth. Wow! Just wow!
Who, me?

But it's not about ME, it's about the public opinion.
And the way it's formed is when public receives the most objective information, not some government-concocted propaganda, as it used to be back in Soviet times.

Quote:
And don't tell me about what quality journalism is when the Kievan junta banned many foreign journalists (including Graham Phillips) who tried to say something opposite to the Ukro-nazi regime.
They just can't make truthful reports from another side of the fence. They're not allowed this.
The JOURNALISTS are not suppose to "try to tell something opposite," they suppose to deliver the OBJECTIVE INFORMATION as much as possible.

"To tell something opposite" - that's what the "Opinion" sections are for.

Musiqum... you don't understand how the media in the free society operates ( or rather used to,) do you?

Last edited by erasure; 02-06-2022 at 08:25 PM..

Old 02-06-2022, 08:14 PM

Quote:
This was back from 2014.

Vice doesn't report from the rebel held territory anymore. They now produce stuff like this: https://www.vice.com/en/article/z3nq...reign-fighters

Buzzfeed is the worse however. Christopher Miller: https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM?re...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Miller is from NY, and his job is to report on the Ukraine government propaganda line. He does not reporting in Russia or Russian held territories.

I see.

I still caught up with their two good dispatches on Iran though, which was an eye opener for me.

But I'll leave it for another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies