Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2022, 09:13 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
In the red states only. Florida is booming with many new homes being built. Many condos, construction all over the place. It is amazing how much is going on in SW Florida.

I give credit , not to Biden, but to Governor DeSantis for keeping Florida opened for business and many people are flocking here to live or visit.

There is so much going on , all I see is HELP WANTED SIGNS everywhere.
Agree. My house value has absolutely skyrocketed even more since Covid. Big shocker but people like living in safe, free states where you can stand your ground. Libs don’t really bring their BS with them when they move to Knoxville. I really hope that never changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Help wanted signs are everywhere, not just Florida, because confidence is returning under Biden’s competent administration.

Three cheers for a strong economic recovery! Thank you President Biden.
This has to be either a Biden staffer or intern in their free time or just a troll post. This person can’t be serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 10:25 AM

1,640 posts, read 1,645,551 times
During the 2020 election campaign, Biden hawked his 40+ years of chumminess with world leaders and how, if he were elected president, he would repair our "fractured" relations with our allies. He also repeatedly reminded voters that Trump was in collusion with Russia and if re-elected, would sell this nation down the river if ordered so by Putin.

Now, after watching a feeble brained, helpless Biden respond to questions at only his second press corps event since entering the WH, we and our gleeful enemies know better. Emboldened by Biden's obvious physical frailties, ineffectiveness, lack of focus and hesitation to "speak softly but carry a big stick," during his months' long negotiations with Putin over the Russian dictator's aggressive threats against his smaller neighbors, the former KGB leader appears ready to move against Ukraine. And Biden is muttering meaningless threats under his breath...which few in the know take seriously.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:02 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
what did he do??
While I wouldn’t say he was perfect, President Biden did accomplish a lot to restore faith in our government and trust in our leadership. The nationwide vaccine rollout occurred almost entirely under Biden’s first year in office (remember the 1A eligible group only started getting their first shots around mid Dec 2020). His administration has worked tirelessly to engage the vaccine hesitant despite loud tantrums to discourage vaccination from our dear friends on the other side of the aisle.

Having a successful vaccine rollout was crucial to economic recovery. Biden is the US President who oversaw the vaccine rollout and economic recovery. Although I understand folks on the conservative spectrum disagree with our president and his policies, the job numbers speak for themselves. America is roaring back after the chaos brought by the previous administration.

It turns out mean tweets and personality disorders don’t help in times of crisis. Quiet and competent leadership does.

America is resilient and what we needed, in the end, was competent leadership. Thank you President Biden. Rejoice.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:06 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,758,571 times
Quote:
While I wouldn’t say he was perfect, President Biden did accomplish a lot to restore faith in our government and trust in our leadership. The nationwide vaccine rollout occurred almost entirely under Biden’s first year in office (remember the 1A eligible group only started getting their first shots around mid Dec 2020). His administration has worked tirelessly to engage the vaccine hesitant despite loud tantrums to discourage vaccination from our dear friends on the other side of the aisle.

Having a successful vaccine rollout was crucial to economic recovery. Biden is the US President who oversaw the vaccine rollout and economic recovery. Although I understand folks on the conservative spectrum disagree with our president and his policies, the job numbers speak for themselves. America is roaring back after the chaos brought by the previous administration.

It turns out mean tweets and personality disorders don’t help in times of crisis. Quiet and competent leadership does.

America is resilient and what we needed, in the end, was competent leadership. Thank you President Biden. Rejoice.
Oh…. just….

wow.

It’s like we don’t even occupy the same universe.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:09 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,593,980 times
i took 3 weeks vacation last December. i guess Biden also counts that as "new job added" after i came back to work

Old 02-05-2022, 01:11 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
i took 3 weeks vacation last December. i guess Biden also counts that as "new job added" after i came back to work
No I am sorry that's not how these jobs are counted.

They are people on payrolls. If you take a vacation you are still on your company's payroll.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:13 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Sooo, lets shut down many many many many jobs, and then open everything back up about ~1.5 years later and HOLY COW, the job numbers are amazing....I never would have thunk it....

And by the way, these are not added jobs, they are jobs that were already there, they are just being filled, again.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:16 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

They are people on payrolls. If you take a vacation you are still on your company's payroll.
does that count for the people who got lay off from pandemic shut down (mostly in blue democratic states) and they finally are going back to their original job after the shut down lifted?

Old 02-05-2022, 01:17 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

Some folks are straight up making up stories about how the Bureau of Labor Statistics operate to suit their political fantasies. Scary indeed.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:17 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:

Yes, we know how wonderful and competent he was with Afghanistan, did he ever get our citizens out? He isn’t doing great with Russia or Ukraine either and hope he keeps his mouth shut before he gets us into a war. There is nothing competent about him, nothing. The jobs are those who that opened back up after the Democratic governors and mayor dictators allowed businesses to open up. Biden is incompetent no matter how much you try to push it. You are in the minority. He is no leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies