Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 01:47 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
No I am sorry that's not how these jobs are counted.

They are people on payrolls. If you take a vacation you are still on your company's payroll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Some folks are straight up making up stories about how the Bureau of Labor Statistics operate to suit their political fantasies. Scary indeed.
apparently, those "folks" include Jen Psaki because she came out with a "may look wonky because of the way they count" on Monday/Tuesday.

I'll say it again - more people employed is always a good thing.

As JamesBond007 said himself - these are "recouped" jobs.

132MM employed full-time pre-pandemic. We're still 2MM short of that.

Biden, Harris, and many of the leftist MSM and "experts" spent the months pre-election telling us how the vaccine couldn't be trusted. Obviously, they changed their tune come Jan 21, 2021.

I don't pay that much attention to "right wing news" and so I couldn't tell you how widespread "don't get vaxxed" was. I know any talk of mandates, and any talk of "even young healthy people must get vaccinated" were certainly derided. As were mask mandates.

The simple science and data of Covid is - if you're 65+ or serious co-morbidities especially immune-compromised, you should get the vax because the risk of bad outcome for one of them getting Covid was too high. And only in the last 2 weeks has the Biden WH and CDC acknowledged the immunity from prior infection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 01:51 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
I don’t engage in negative hypotheticals when I can point to reality.

The fact is the prior administration created chaos, harmed public health, and left our economy in tatters.

The fact is President Biden presided over a successful vaccine rollout and a historic economic recovery in his first year of office.
Ummm, yeah, because Trump handed him three vaccines, and this allowed the states to drop their shutdown restrictions, which in turn allowed people to get back to work. All Biden needed to do was stay above room temperature and take credit for people trying to get their old jobs back.

However, Biden actually hampered things by actively destroying thousand of jobs in the middle of what was supposed to be a recovery. His OSHA mandate further destroyed jobs. Even now, he is causing disruptions in trucking, in the middle of a supply shortage.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:54 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
apparently, those "folks" include Jen Psaki because she came out with a "may look wonky because of the way they count" on Monday/Tuesday.

I'll say it again - more people employed is always a good thing.

As JamesBond007 said himself - these are "recouped" jobs.

132MM employed full-time pre-pandemic. We're still 2MM short of that.

Biden, Harris, and many of the leftist MSM and "experts" spent the months pre-election telling us how the vaccine couldn't be trusted. Obviously, they changed their tune come Jan 21, 2021.

I don't pay that much attention to "right wing news" and so I couldn't tell you how widespread "don't get vaxxed" was. I know any talk of mandates, and any talk of "even young healthy people must get vaccinated" were certainly derided. As were mask mandates.

The simple science and data of Covid is - if you're 65+ or serious co-morbidities especially immune-compromised, you should get the vax because the risk of bad outcome for one of them getting Covid was too high. And only in the last 2 weeks has the Biden WH and CDC acknowledged the immunity from prior infection.
Ducks in a barrel.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:54 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You know, even just a few years ago, it took a modicum of effort to debate the views and positions taken by Democrats. But now... all we need to do is just point out the obvious. The facts are all over the place like low hanging fruit.

I've said a few times that debating the left is like shooting ducks in a barrel, it's soooo easy to do, but man oh man is it really getting tedious and boring.
there is a reason why Biden's job approval poll is taking a nose dive eventhough the media is treating him with kids gloves.

the only people who are still "Yes ma'ma" for this demented fool are the hardcore leftists (many of them post here in this thread)

Old 02-05-2022, 01:55 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
you mean the "recession" created by draconian mayors and governors when they shut down businesses with their pandemic restrictions?
every state "shut down" for at least a brief period. It's just some opened back up as quickly as they could.

Today, 30,000 more people are employed in FL than Dec '19. That my leftist friends is called job growth.

If we want to use leftist logic, the # isn't 30K though. It's 1,750,000 "new jobs!" because that's how many more people are employed today in FL than in April 2020.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:56 PM

7,907 posts, read 3,450,203 times
I almost feel pity for the left, but they've been such dicks the last few years that they kind of deserve this.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:57 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:

The fact is the prior administration created chaos, harmed public health, and left our economy in tatters.

The fact is President Biden presided over a successful vaccine rollout and a historic economic recovery in his first year of office.
The Democrats slotted their throats and threw the largest longest temper tantrums because Trump won, the media and Democratic politicians fueled the fire because of their hatred for Trump, when the virus was discovered, Trump stopped intl flights between China and US and Pelosi and Schumer clutched their pearls crying that Trump is being racist, Nancy encouraged visiting China town, visit their restaurants (I’m not against encouraging capitalism) cuomo and DeBlasio encouraged their constituents to ride the subways, visit theaters, restaurants, sports, and the annual St. Patrick’s parade, of course they were one of the first covid outbreaks, but despite them encouraging the reasons there was a outbreak, they claim it was Trumps fault.

Trump was the one to pushed the vaccines and got it out. The recovery was businesses opening back up, nothing that Biden did.

What I posted wasn’t hypothetical, it happened.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:59 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
Today, 30,000 more people are employed in FL than Dec '19. That my leftist friends is called job growth.
Not according to the BLS:
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/FLNA
Feb 2020: 9,072,100 payroll jobs (which was the peak, not Dec '19)
Dec 2021: 8,971,300 payroll jobs

Old 02-05-2022, 02:00 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,345,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Ummm, yeah, because Trump handed him three vaccines, and this allowed the states to drop their shutdown restrictions, which in turn allowed people to get back to work. All Biden needed to do was stay above room temperature and take credit for people trying to get their old jobs back.

However, Biden actually hampered things by actively destroying thousand of jobs in the middle of what was supposed to be a recovery. His OSHA mandate further destroyed jobs. Even now, he is causing disruptions in trucking, in the middle of a supply shortage.
1. The prior administration did one thing right, which was spending money on vaccine development and production. The science behind the vaccines, on the other hand, predated COVID.

2. The most important aspect for public health, however, is dissemination of the vaccine. The prior administration did not handle that. The Biden administration did.

3. 6.6 million jobs added in Biden’s first year.

Old 02-05-2022, 02:01 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,748,785 times
Quote:

Four years of kicking and screaming by a bunch leftists who couldn’t accept the results of an election caused the chaos far more than mean tweets ever could.
Four solid years of trying to undo anything he did, to the point of flat out lying just so they wouldn’t have to admit he might be right about some things.
Now, they have to backtrack on all those lies.

Harmed public health? Did Trump actually cause the pandemic?? Did he not play along with lockdowns in the beginning, lockdowns that have since proved to largely be meaningless?
Lockdowns caused a roaring economy to decline, not the sitting president. Under anyone else, the same would have happened.

Negative hypotheticals pretty much sums up the leftist media while Trump was in office, but that’s the nice pragmatic version of what I think and I’m not even a Trump fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies