Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 09:31 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Try pulling the original document rather than a right leaning social media source and you would find
"On their website, Johns Hopkins says the views expressed in the report are those of the authors and not necessarily the university's." https://www.wmar2news.com/news/coron...mber-of-deaths "
The original report is here https://www.scribd.com/document/5566...oad&from_embed

As you read it you'll find that it is authored by 3 Professors of Economics, great medical insight. At just over 60 pages I'm sure it will put most people asleep. I'll pass on this as having any validity because these 3 are basing it on numbers that they ran and not any thing medical. I'll stick to the CDC guidelines on best practices and I accept that those are always changing as more is learned and the disease continues to morph.

Parents politicizing this has been far more devastating to children but common sense seems to have left many these days.
Parents causing anxiety in their kids by making them worry about killing grandma if they don’t wear their masks or get enough shots is pretty devastating as well. Saw a post from someone saying her daughter is scared to death of needles, but she got the shot because she loves her baby brother and wouldn’t want him to get sick and die. She is so proud of her daughter. Completely clueless as to what kinds of fears they’re creating in these kids.

https://thecritic.co.uk/continued-ma...urn-to-normal/

Quote:
According to a recent opinion poll, over 60 per cent of the population are anxious about the prospect of lifting the Covid-19 requirement to wear masks in community settings. Despite evidence that face coverings do not reduce the risk of viral transmission in real-world situations, and are associated with a range of negative consequences, it appears many people remain afraid of returning to a normal life with their face exposed

those people who are currently uneasy about returning to a normal lifestyle will only prolong their fears by continuing to wear masks. Those who mix with their fellow human beings, yet persist with this “safety behaviour”, will attribute their survival to the face covering rather than concluding that the risk of serious harm from Covid-19 is now within an acceptable-everyday range of a normal, worthwhile life.
The same way we’ve been told that it’s the parents’ attitudes about masks that they’ve projected onto their children, well, the same principle applies here. The difference is that we know the cloth masks kids are wearing do come with risks and downsides, and that they are ineffectual in school settings. The mandates make no difference in school spread.

Maybe Jon Stewart will finally make fun of the mask wearing. Then you can all claim that you knew they weren’t that helpful all along, and that no one ever claimed they were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 09:34 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Parents causing anxiety in their kids by making them worry about killing grandma if they don’t wear their masks or get enough shots is pretty devastating as well. Saw a post from someone saying her daughter is scared to death of needles, but she got the shot because she loves her baby brother and wouldn’t want him to get sick and die. She is so proud of her daughter. Completely clueless as to what kinds of fears they’re creating in these kids.

https://thecritic.co.uk/continued-ma...urn-to-normal/

The same way we’ve been told that it’s the parents’ attitudes about masks that they’ve projected onto their children, well, the same principle applies here. The difference is that we know the cloth masks kids are wearing do come with risks and downsides, and that they are ineffectual in school settings. The mandates make no difference in school spread.

Maybe Jon Stewart will finally make fun of the mask wearing. Then you can all claim that you knew they weren’t that helpful all along, and that no one ever claimed they were.
The poster you're engaging cares about one thing: repeating DNC propaganda. Most liberals don't care one bit about the damage they're doing to children.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:43 PM

3,405 posts, read 1,444,410 times
Thumbs up WATCH Virginia mom Merianne Jensen call out the hypocrisy on covid mandates

Quote:
The mask-nannies are denying the science that says no mask mandates are needed, and that cloth masks worn by children are ineffective.

Just in case you thought I was saying the opposite. Cases exploded when kids were out of school visiting family or vacationing. The end of the mask mandates in Florida didn't matter. Their cases still followed the same trajectory as ours here in NJ, where we have mandates.

Just in case you thought I was saying the opposite. Thanks for the link, though. Will help in the fight to unmask our kids.

Oh, for some others on here, I sub in our schools and can tell you for a fact that at least half the teachers and staff want the masks gone, they're just not allowed to say so publicly.
I think you will find the following video awesome and informative

JWK

Old 02-04-2022, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The poster you're engaging cares about one thing: repeating DNC propaganda. Most liberals don't care one bit about the damage they're doing to children.
I think they care, but not enough to admit they’re wrong on this. Even when it becomes unavoidably obvious, like the lab leak, or the ineffectiveness of the vaccines in stopping the spread, they’ll just change the narrative to ‘we always knew that’. Of course, for some of us it was obvious from the beginning that the cloth couldn’t possibly be making more than an infinitesimal difference.

At least they realized they couldn’t continue to placate the teachers union, and that kids needed in-person learning. I pulled up an old conversation from last year where some parents were telling the in-person advocates how selfish we were, and how the remote proponents were so absolutely certain their way was the only ‘right’ way. I was told by one that my daughter’s depression during the social isolation wasn’t real and if I only had a better attitude she’d be fine. One even said if your kid was having difficulty with things “you’re a s**t parent”.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:59 PM

Quote:
I think they care, but not enough to admit they’re wrong on this. Even when it becomes unavoidably obvious, like the lab leak, or the ineffectiveness of the vaccines in stopping the spread, they’ll just change the narrative to ‘we always knew that’. Of course, for some of us it was obvious from the beginning that the cloth couldn’t possibly be making more than an infinitesimal difference.

At least they realized they couldn’t continue to placate the teachers union, and that kids needed in-person learning. I pulled up an old conversation from last year where some parents were telling the in-person advocates how selfish we were, and how the remote proponents were so absolutely certain their way was the only ‘right’ way. I was told by one that my daughter’s depression during the social isolation wasn’t real and if I only had a better attitude she’d be fine. One even said if your kid was having difficulty with things “you’re a s**t parent”.
I wish I shared your optimism about the motives of the Democrat base. We're going on year three of the pandemic and these partisan hacks refuse to look at data and continue to punish little kids because of some strange blind allegiance to the Democrat party.

These liberals are going to burn in hell right next to Dr. Fauci. And they're happy to do it because they hate conservatives.

Old 02-04-2022, 10:17 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Many private schools have mask mandates as well.

Old 02-05-2022, 07:08 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Better he listen to the right-wing echo chamber you are so capable of repeating. Talked with a teacher on Thursday 31 years of experience and I asked her how the kids have adjusted to the masking requirement? She responded with "the kids are fine with it but the parents have blown it way out of proportion".

Others say similar things but you follow a report by 3 Economists because they are saying what you want to hear..

Old 02-05-2022, 07:09 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Many private schools have mask mandates as well.
Your absolutely correct, the private school the Governors son attends requires them.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Better he listen to the right-wing echo chamber you are so capable of repeating. Talked with a teacher on Thursday 31 years of experience and I asked her how the kids have adjusted to the masking requirement? She responded with "the kids are fine with it but the parents have blown it way out of proportion".

Others say similar things but you follow a report by 3 Economists because they are saying what you want to hear..
Well my anecdote is counter to yours. I was in a second grade class on Thursday. I could not understand a couple of the kids who had masks on, and they were becoming increasingly frustrated, as they repeated themselves again and I still couldn’t make out what they were saying. I then moved to another second grade classroom, where a teacher was reading aloud a chapter from a book. Unless the kids were sitting at her feet, they couldn’t hear what she was saying. The kids at the back of the room kept messing around, and when I asked them to pay attention, they said we can’t because we can’t hear.

Being in the schools, I’ve had more than a couple conversations with teachers. They are every bit as frustrated with the masks as the kids and the parents are. Of course, it’s not all of them. But it’s enough of them that we should be listening.

And because somehow people are still missing this point, cloth masks in a classroom setting are ineffective. Period.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:

Thanks for proving my point about how liberals don't care at all about the damage they're doing to children. Much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies