Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 01:16 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Why would this bother me? For one thing, I like saltine crackers. Always have. They go great in soup or with your favorite toppings. As for NYC, I don't care what the leadership has to say. I would rather see positive results and improvement in the city. Same logic applied to my support of Trump. I care not about the linguistics or semantics. I care about results and outcomes.
That’s not the point. The point is to hold the Leftists to the same political correctness standards they hold everyone else to. Many people who are not black have said less bigoted inflammatory remarks than this and have been made to resign or doxxed or cancelled.

He’ll just simply apologize and everything will be forgiven because black privilege is so overwhelmingly acceptable now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 01:34 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
That’s not the point. The point is to hold the Leftists to the same political correctness standards they hold everyone else to. Many people who are not black have said less bigoted inflammatory remarks than this and have been made to resign or doxxed or cancelled.

He’ll just simply apologize and everything will be forgiven because black privilege is so overwhelmingly acceptable now.
He won’t be fired. If he was fired there’d be protests and burning it down throughout the city and beyond. They revel in hearing what he said.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:37 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:

I would never live in a place like NYC, so I have no interest in "holding him accountable". Furthermore, nobody is stopping me from saying whatever I feel like because this is a free country and we have freedom of speech. The left may try to convince you otherwise, but nobody with a brain pays any attention to what they think or say. Lefties are following around a leader with dementia, so who can really take them seriously? America as a whole is waking up and telling them to F off.

NYC is not an American city anymore. They are allowing citizens of other countries to vote, which tells you all you need to know about that place. Not my city, not my concern, so not gonna worry about it.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:40 AM

Quote:
I would never live in a place like NYC, so I have no interest in "holding him accountable". Furthermore, nobody is stopping me from saying whatever I feel like because this is a free country and we have freedom of speech. The left may try to convince you otherwise, but nobody with a brain pays any attention to what they think or say. Lefties are following around a leader with dementia, so who can really take them seriously? America as a whole is waking up and telling them to F off.
You are too magnanimous. The Left would not be so kind to you or anyone not Leftist and black if it was the other way around.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:45 AM

Quote:
You are too magnanimous. The Left would not be so kind to you or anyone not Leftist and black if it was the other way around.

I do not live in NYC, so there is nothing I can do. If the people there want a racist mayor, that's their business. I think you greatly overestimate what the left is capable of. Once they meet the most minimal of push back, they immediately turn on one another, which is always fun to watch.

Old 02-05-2022, 01:54 AM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Why would this bother me? For one thing, I like saltine crackers. Always have. They go great in soup or with your favorite toppings. As for NYC, I don't care what the leadership has to say. I would rather see positive results and improvement in the city. Same logic applied to my support of Trump. I care not about the linguistics or semantics. I care about results and outcomes.
Fully disagree. I do want NYC to come back, and it will take another Giuliani style miracle. The mayor must be a staunch advocate of Law & Order, no matter the demographics of the LEO.

Civility will be required for NYC to have any shot at all.

Under Koch & Dinkins, the NYC norm was 5+ murders daily, close to 2,000 murdered annually amongst non-whites. Bratton/Rudy, then MB via aggressive data-driven policing cut that under 1 a day. Under BDB, in his final few years, violent crime was rising again, especially mid-town, by thugs who should have been caged for other offenses when they murdered again.

I had hoped Adams wanted to restore civility amongst ALL demographics, but this proves he does not. The Reverend Jeremiah Wright might as well be the NYC mayor, or any other radical. Adams is just a racist, based on the message he spouted here.

Old 02-05-2022, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Fully disagree. I do want NYC to come back, and it will take another Giuliani style miracle. The mayor must be a staunch advocate of Law & Order, no matter the demographics of the LEO.

Civility will be required for NYC to have any shot at all.

Under Koch & Dinkins, the NYC norm was 5+ murders daily, close to 2,000 murdered annually amongst non-whites. Bratton/Rudy, then MB via aggressive data-driven policing cut that under 1 a day. Under BDB, in his final few years, violent crime was rising again, especially mid-town, by thugs who should have been caged for other offenses when they murdered again.

I had hoped Adams wanted to restore civility amongst ALL demographics, but this proves he does not. The Reverend Jeremiah Wright might as well be the NYC mayor, or any other radical. Adams is just a racist, based on the message he spouted here.

Well, I guess white people should heed the warning and recognize they are not welcome. NYC can become the next Detroit, although it likely won't fall that hard. There is nothing saying you, I or anyone has to live there. You can always vote with your feet.

Old 02-05-2022, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Well, I guess white people should heed the warning and recognize they are not welcome. NYC can become the next Detroit, although it likely won't fall that hard. There is nothing saying you, I or anyone has to live there. You can always vote with your feet.
That’s just being naive. People need to realize that you can never runaway from the Leftist policies. They will and are spreading. Wherever you flee to, the Left will follow. No place will stay safe. Formerly deep red states are turning purple (see AZ, GA, TX, etc.) with many of their large cities already under complete Democrat control.

Old 02-05-2022, 03:27 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Another Whoopi moment.

Let's see......A two week suspension in order for Adams ?

Old 02-05-2022, 04:55 AM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
So derogatory racial slurs are ok when it comes from a Black person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies