Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 03:17 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

We need to get rid of the background checks for firearm purchases, Constitution says NO infringement of any kind, they did not make any exemptions to that...

Besides that, requiring a background check is basically saying that ANYONE, who has EVER been guilty of a felony, does not have the right to protect themselves or their property, (for the rest of their lives!) That is a major violation of the Constitution.

Something else to think about...govt makes it very tough for a civilian to own a full automatic, and the penalties are severe for breaking these laws...but if commit a crime, the Govt WILL use full automatics to come after you!!

The Class 3 ATF laws favor govt and law enforcement, it impedes civilians ability to adequately defend themselves from agents of the govt. We must not ever comply with these laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 03:18 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Hence the discussion is really around at what line is drawn... some will argue no line...

No different from high capacity magazines, full automatic, etc...

But the point is that most in this thread are ignoring that it really is about the magazine capacity not the firearm itself...
Are you trying for a job to speak for Biden?

Old 02-07-2022, 09:33 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I also have an M4 rifle stored inside the patrol vehicle.

If antigun nuts think a Glock 17 is a "weapon of war", then they probably believe M4 is a "weapon of mass destruction"
And is your patrol vehicle an SUV? if it it you have weapons of war (WOW"s) and weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) and add on to that a climate harmful assault truck (CHAT). Sheesh are you being deployed to the Ukrainian border soon? I feel woefully underequipped with my pitiful 3 gun combo of an AR, 1911 and 12 ga but I do drive a CHAT. So maybe I'm OK.

Old 02-08-2022, 05:11 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
And I own a Beretta 92FS, which was the US armed forces sidearm for what...30 years? Oh wait, they designate the 92FS the M9, but it's the same weapon.

And?

If you (we) are being pedantic, any weapon ever used by a combatant during armed conflict is a "weapon of war." That includes spears, rocks, clubs, etc. Every semi-auto handgun is either a specific military sidearm, or a copy/derivative of one. So technically, yeah, Biden is correct.

None of that changes the natural individual right to keep and bear arms. It is simply propaganda to make you think a thing should be made illegal.

EDIT - which I know you understand, as an owner of several firearms, my point is in general, aimed at Biden and his apologists, not you specifically.
"If you (we) are being pedantic, any weapon ever used by a combatant during armed conflict is a "weapon of war." That includes spears, rocks, clubs, etc. Every semi-auto handgun is either a specific military sidearm, or a copy/derivative of one. So technically, yeah, Biden is correct."

"The pen is mightier then the sword"
Should we ban ALL types of writing to include computers?

Many people use"assault" words.

Old 02-08-2022, 05:15 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I have to agree.

I don't think those two officers would have survived if a different gun had been used.

As for weapons of war, handguns have been used in assassinations.

Glocks are banned in the UK but that didn't stop gangster Dale Cregan from murdering Police Officers Fiona Bone, 32, and Nicola Hughes, 23, in Manchester, England in 2012 with a Glock pistol and a M75 hand grenade.

Cregan claims he lost his eye in a punch-up with police in Thailand but it later emerged it was plucked out with a knife, however it turned out Cregan didn’t want anyone to know he had been tortured and had his eye removed as a warning punishment by rival gangsters.

Dale Cregan trial: Police killer sentenced to whole of life in jail - BBC News

Gun bans don't just magically stop assassinations, and handguns and sawn off shotguns have always been a favourite weapon of organised crime groups and paramilitary terrorists, as they can easily be concealed.

Where this is a Glock with a large magazine capacity or any other gun doesn't matter the end result is still the same.

It also should be noted that organised crime and paramilitaries are a world away from most Americans who keep handguns in their homes for personal safety.

Elephant (Alan Clarke) - Northern Ireland 1980's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POiB08GbztQ&t=15s

Dale Cregan -Appears before Manchester Magistrates Court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xeVn8xntYc
"As for weapons of war, handguns have been used in assassinations."

I read eons ago, the No.1 gun used in assassinations was the little 'ole .22

Old 02-08-2022, 05:51 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.â€" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"As for weapons of war, handguns have been used in assassinations."

I read eons ago, the No.1 gun used in assassinations was the little 'ole .22

You could well be right - the small .22 is as lethal as anything else.

In terms of those who want to assassinate or execute rivals, take revenge or kill police officers or others, most decent handguns are effective and banning Glock 17's would make no difference whatsoever.

Sawing part of the barrel off shotguns has also always been popular in terms of executions and armed robbery, as the weapon can be far more easily concealed.

In terms of the clip from Alan Clarke's film 'Elephant' that I posted, each one of those killings was real and was based on actual police reports in Northern Ireland at the time.

As for Dale Cregan he lured to police officers to a house with the intention of killing them, and the fact that handguns and hand grenades are banned in the UK made no difference.

Cregan later walked in to a police station and calmly told them what he had done.

Last edited by Brave New World; 02-08-2022 at 07:11 AM..

Old 02-08-2022, 08:32 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

You could well be right - the small .22 is as lethal as anything else.

In terms of those who want to assassinate or execute rivals, take revenge or kill police officers or others, most decent handguns are effective and banning Glock 17's would make no difference whatsoever.

Sawing part of the barrel off shotguns has also always been popular in terms of executions and armed robbery, as the weapon can be far more easily concealed.

In terms of the clip from Alan Clarke's film 'Elephant' that I posted, each one of those killings was real and was based on actual police reports in Northern Ireland at the time.

As for Dale Cregan he lured to police officers to a house with the intention of killing them, and the fact that handguns and hand grenades are banned in the UK made no difference.

Cregan later walked in to a police station and calmly told them what he had done.
I doubt there is anyone, anywhere, that truly believes that gun bans, or gun laws are effective. It just ensures there will be an extensive black market for guns, which is essentially, benefiting the criminals.

Old 02-08-2022, 08:42 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I doubt there is anyone, anywhere, that truly believes that gun bans, or gun laws are effective. It just ensures there will be an extensive black market for guns, which is essentially, benefiting the criminals.
That is exactly what happened in Australia. The black market for guns is flourishing.

Old 02-08-2022, 08:52 AM

1,952 posts, read 828,762 times
It is illegal to own an AK-47 in Mexico but look at how many cartel killings are done with that rifle.

Just because something is banned does NOT mean criminals will not use them. They are CRIMINALS...they do not pay attention to gun laws...hello!

Old 02-08-2022, 08:53 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Over half the school shootings and murders in the US are drug\gang related.

So what changes have been made in the past year or so?

Hmmm, defund gang and drug taskforces in cities like NY because they're *racist*.
Talk\propose more laws aimed at making it harder to legally get a gun, which will not impact the bulk of offenders.

Basically, it's all a smoke screen to shift blame from the areas where these things most occur to the rural areas which tends to be the opposite political party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies