Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 07:46 PM

2,004 posts, read 865,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
The only people that would call others "rabid gun enthusiasts" are people that would be against people owning them. Especially people that own multiple guns. The key word here is RABID. That's exactly what you did. This is your quote not mine: How else would you expect others to interpret that? Especially those of us that strongly support the 2nd Amendment. Calling others "rabid gun enthusiasts" certainly is not meant as a compliment. Now it seems that you're not only accusing me but the others that disagree with you as being part of a "lynch mob". First it was "rabid gun enthusiasts" now it's "lynch mob". Indeed I do get your point. Maybe too well?

Owning multiple guns certainly does not perplex me. I was not the one who called others "rabid gun enthusiasts". When you accuse others of being "rabid gun enthusiasts" it sounds to me that you're the one who has a problem with people owning multiple guns and gun enthusiasts themselves. Now you're starting to back track. I honestly don't know what to make of you?

As far as being kind to Brandon. I consider him to be far worse than a "demented fool." Calling Brandon a demented fool is insulting to demented fools. That's why I stated that you were being kind to Brandon. But obviously you just don't get that either?
Chill out. Take a valium. You take your self way to serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2022, 07:54 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,791,701 times
Hilarious. Maybe that's why we keep losing - because we're bringing handguns to fight enemies that have machine guns.

Old 02-06-2022, 09:08 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Over the decades since the original Glock 17 burst on the scene during the wondernine crunchenticker fad of the 80s I can recall a great many erroneous claims made in regards to it and aLA sewer main full fof misinformation and outright lies. The most well known in shooting circles has to be the "invisible to x ray scan" bit. LMAO, and many know nothing gun haters, politicians and leftist moonbats still cling to that claim after it must be hundreds of thousands of times it's been shredded to confetti.

A really would be hilarious if it weren't so annoying bit of Hollywood blatantly ignorant anti firearms spew was in the movie Die Hard. I can't even wrap my head around how Bruce Willis agreed to repeat the script. That was when he was telling the cop I believe that he had taken a "Glock 7 with a ceramic frame which is invisible to x ray and metal detectors" off of one of the terrorists. No $h!t!! WOW! Suddenly the Glock was ceramic framed and so must be the slide, barrel and every other moving part.

Even though in reality it is the 17 with a polymer composite frame and completely steel top end. ALL of which show up on xray though the frame will beat a metal detector. The frame by itself being about as lethal as a spoon and on xray though a bit less bright than steel still shows up plainly. The Glock in it's most common chamberings has very much endeared itself to most LE types so should we be nervous that the police who patrol our streets are armed with "weapons of war"? Not just Glocks but AR 15s, M16/4s and the like which the Bidet's and other hoplophobe sorts also like to label as "weapons of war.

I remember when the super hi cap mags came out for the Glock in the 80s and Col. Jeff Cooper, a very respected and well known combat firearms guru sneered disdainfully at them as he did with most of the wondernine line of any make and made a remark that said something to the effect of (paraphrasing) ust when we thought we'd seen it all in the crunchenticker fad we now have a 30 round magazine for a Glock." I ascribed to Col Coopers philosophy then and still do now. I still call the Glocks and other polymer framed pistols "Tupperware" which does and always has irked the crunchenticker crowd no end though I do believe there is a niche for them.

I've never cottoned to the Glock though I do have plans to add a S&W MP in 9mm and 22 to my TOE. Compact models for my lady who has small hands and poor hand strength making her recoil sensitive. The MP 22 compact fits her like a glove however and the 9mm she will become proficient with after training for a spell and some positive reinforcement. The Glock feels ...weird...in my hands and I would certainly not call it a "weapon of war" in any other context than it is used by quite a few militaries including ours, the US for special operators (usually in 45 ACP) and in 9mm for pilots and other aircrew.

As individual small arms go a True "weapon of war" is to my mind a select fire main battle rifle The M16/4, HK G3, Fn FAL (called the SLR by the Brits) and other weapons of that sort. Though bolt actions like the O3 A3 and 98 Mauser and a single semi auto, the M1 Grand can (or did) qualify. The "weapon of war" term as it stands now is ust a far flung leftist hoplophobe label used in a pathetic attempt to sow fear in those who don't know any better but to take these daffy outhouse rats at their word. Word that carries as much credibility as Bidens on any subject other than diapers and ice cream. But hey, he WAS schooled in such matters by the likes of Corn Pop, so there is that.

Firearms are weapons and they have been used in war for many centuries now. Call any firearm a "weapon of war" if one so desires and it make you feel warm and fuzzy. I can get a 15 round magazine for my 1911 Government model. But that doesn't put it in the same class as a 1928 Thompson submachine gun though the chambering is identical. That doesn't put it in the same class as an HK G3 either. Both of the latter I would call weapons of war without trepidation.

Meh, like I said, aplly all the labels freely and it doesn't matter a fart in a high wind to me. I came to the realization long hence that it isn't a prerequisite that someone need know what their talking about for that someone to opine and be given credence on a particular subject. Xo Bidet and MSNBC are prime examples of that.

Old 02-07-2022, 02:30 AM

14,226 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Yes indeed, it is your weapon of last resort.
Wrong.

As an instructor in the Army Combative, I’d say your last resort are your fist, elbows, feet, e-tool, knife, or whatever you can get your hands on as an impact weapon

Old 02-07-2022, 04:55 AM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
Well, actually he's kind of right. It was designed originally for the Austrian military as their side arm.
A Glock 17 in 9mm is only side arm and is not an offensive weapon system by design. It’s a defensive weapon. Only an idiot would go to war armed with just a handgun.

Yes, Glock makes a machine pistol, the Glock 18, which is not available to the American public at any cost. If you’re dumb enough to convert a Glock or any other firearm into a fully automatic machine gun, that’s 10 years in a federal prison.

Biden, in his senile mind, thinks he helped design the Glock pistol and knows first hand that Armies across the world are now rearming with handguns…. That’s why he left mega tons of Colt M16A2 rifles and Colt M4 carbines in Afghanistan for the Taliban to rearm with now inferior weapons.

I’m now waiting to hear how Potato Head Biden survived a drive-by shooting by his archenemy “Corn Pop” and his brother “Pop Corn,” along with their cousins “Candy Corn,” “M&Ms” and “Cotton Candy.” Who we’re all armed with Glocks back in 1962 and he only had his rusty, yet trusty, straight razor and his leather jacket with a drawing of a shark’s head on the back!!

And this freaking guy is still president for the next THREE YEARS!!

Last edited by bergun; 02-07-2022 at 05:16 AM..

Old 02-07-2022, 05:54 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
yes
Whatever you say mommy!

MORE people are killed with blunt instruments like baseball bats then ALL rifles combined.

I guess by your "reasoning" now we have to start calling baseball bats "assault weapons"!

How about cars"?

Then we can go to swimming pools.

"The Centers for Disease Control report that here in the United States, on average, 3,536 people died from drowning annually from 2005 to 2014, which equates to 10 deaths each day"

No more swimming pools.

NOW it has to be "assault" pools!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 02-07-2022 at 06:07 AM..

Old 02-07-2022, 06:05 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

Brandon says a Glock handgun is a weapon of war

I don't really see how a Glock is any more of a weapon of war than any other similar hand gun.

If politicians wants to ban handguns why don't they just have the guts to tell the truth to the electorate, who they supposedly represent.

I think it's just easier to pick on an Austrian company such as Glock than US companies with history such as Smith and Wesson, Remington or Sturm Ruger & Co.

Old 02-07-2022, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
The only people that would call others "rabid gun enthusiasts" are people that would be against people owning them. Especially people that own multiple guns. The key word here is RABID. That's exactly what you did. This is your quote not mine: How else would you expect others to interpret that? Especially those of us that strongly support the 2nd Amendment. Calling others "rabid gun enthusiasts" certainly is not meant as a compliment. Now it seems that you're not only accusing me but the others that disagree with you as being part of a "lynch mob". First it was "rabid gun enthusiasts" now it's "lynch mob". Indeed I do get your point. Maybe too well?

Owning multiple guns certainly does not perplex me. I was not the one who called others "rabid gun enthusiasts". When you accuse others of being "rabid gun enthusiasts" it sounds to me that you're the one who has a problem with people owning multiple guns and gun enthusiasts themselves. Now you're starting to back track. I honestly don't know what to make of you?

As far as being kind to Brandon. I consider him to be far worse than a "demented fool." Calling Brandon a demented fool is insulting to demented fools. That's why I stated that you were being kind to Brandon. But obviously you just don't get that either?
"The key word here is RABID."

Correct.

I fear all those "RABID" stamp and butterfly and car collectors, etc!.

Old 02-07-2022, 06:11 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Semi automatic hand guns have been in common use for over a century.
Semi-automatic just means one pull one bullet and don't have to stand there like a moron opening the chamber to slide in a new shell while the perpetrator starts kicking your head in after you missed the first shot

Old 02-07-2022, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Exactly and in battles when the shot was fired from a black powder gun and you did not have time to reload you would use the rifle with an attached bayonet to stab and slice and the butt end of the gun was used as a club.

Ok so that old timey black powder gun was a weapon of war with its bayonet and butt end sooo does that mean that Biden will also move to ban kitchen knives since those can stab and slice like a bayonet and the stock end of the rifle that was used like a club does that mean baseball bats will now be required to be registered?

I can see it now, a mom will want to buy he son a baseball bat and there will be a 10 day waiting period and background check on it.

Why can't the Dems just admit that it is not the gun but the person pulling the trigger that is the problem? It is funny how they blame the cop when he is forced to shoot an aggressive suspect but it is the other way around when criminals are gunning down each other along with innocent bystanders..?
"FBI Stats Show Knives Kill Far More People Than Rifles In America – It’s Not Even Close"

Oh no, my butter knife is now called an "assault" weapon!

"In addition, 600 people were killed in 2019 with what the FBI refers to as “personal weapons,” meaning hands, fists or feet."
HMM, "assault" feet and hands.

https://dailycaller.com/2021/03/24/k...es-every-year/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies