Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 06:55 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
What exactly is mainstream America? And please don't give us your version of the lily white, apple pie eating bull that you seem so intent on. This country is a melting pot.
Mainstream America still exists in small towns and rural areas. There is no melting pot there. That is where I suggest people go to if they want traditional all-American culture.

The large cities and metro areas are too cosmopolitan for any one culture to dominate. There's been too much immigration and change in the overall society over the last 55 years to expect any different.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:19 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Well the fact you use the term "mainstream America" says it all. But you keep telling yourself that there is something wrong with everyone else. What exactly is mainstream America? And please don't give us your version of the lily white, apple pie eating bull that you seem so intent on. This country is a melting pot. If you aren't comfortable with that, maybe you should move. Your versioning of a "patriotic" American is suspect and you are clueless.

Foreign languages and cultures in this country don't necessarily equate to illegal immigration. Do you get that? I think you would benefit from finding a new line. Not everything needs to tie back to your continual soap box on illegal immigration.

I speak another language. Do you think you are any more entitled to be here that I am? I was born and raised here and pay my taxes so please - take yourself down a few notches. You aren't that special.
Mainstream America is speaking English and embracing our culture out in public. Let me give you a hint we aren't know as an Asian, Hispanic etc. country in identity. Our language isn't Mandarin nor Spanish, etc. What's with the lily white remark? I have said nothing about skin color or race it's about out identifying culture.

We used to be a melting pot not so much anymore. We've become a salad bowl of clashing cultures and languages instead.

Where did I say that foreign cultures and languages are only attributed to illegal aliens? Do you have a reading comprehension problem? The fact is that it is a contributing factor though.

I'll post anything I want to about illegal immigration when it's related to a topic. Don't like it then put me on ignore!

Where did I say that you or anyone else that can speak a foreign language has less of a right to be here than I do if they were born here from legal parents or were naturalized here? Throughout you entire post you have accused me of things I haven't said nor implied and that's blatantly dishonest!

It makes me special that I expect immigrants to assimilate into our society out in mainstream America while still retaining their languages and native cultures all they want to at home? How so? Assimilation has always been desirable for immigrants otherwise why come here?

Old 02-14-2022, 07:29 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And where did you come up with this "info"?

"Number of guns owned?"

Not surprised you think that is a BAD thing.

What is the ratio relative to our population?

You do know we have some states BIGGER then many countries.

Being you like to compare countries, how many guns the Swiss have relative to their population?

How many other countries have anything like our 2nd amendment?

If you DON"T like it, you are free to move!

Posts you don’t like seem to upset you so much that you have blinders on re other things on the forum.

It is well known that the poster you’re replying to is Canadian.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He is a Canadian or so he says. If one doesn't like this country then perhaps they should leave permanently.
Criticizing the country and not liking the country are two vastly different things, but you don’t seem to be able to grasp that.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Since when was the President who first issued troops to Vietnam a Democrat? When did Eisenhower change parties? The Vietnam war era involved four Presidents, not three. Why don't you know that?

Westmoreland considered using nuclear arms in Vietnam, and it wasn't until Washington found out, that those plans were dropped. So, yes, if that is interference from D.C., thank goodness it happened.
You’d think he’d want to know as much as possible about a war he fought in.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You're about as wrong as one can be. Just read for once.
No, I’m not.

My point bothered you (exemplified by the fact that you replied at all, by your roll eyes, and that you aren’t even the poster I was replying to) because you know I’m right.

If you thought I was wrong, my post wouldn’t have bothered your/got under your skin at all. You would have ignored it.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Criticizing the country and not liking the country are two vastly different things, but you don’t seem to be able to grasp that.
And you don't seem to grasp the concept of civil debate without the personal attacks. Why is that? That poster hasn't said one positive thing about our country yet whether it's about our past or our present! If I felt that way I wouldn't remain here even on a part time basis.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:00 AM

Quote:
I note you didn't address a damned thing I said which was the entire truth but instead you resort to one liners without any explanation as to how the truth is digging a deep hole.
You’re digging a deeper hole with your attitude, revealing things about yourself/your attitudes because a myriad of posters are calling you on things. It sounds as though you don’t even realize that that is happening.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
I'm not a birther
I said you voted for a birther.

Quote:
but Trump and anyone else has the right to question a person's background running for the presidency.
^^^^^ Tells us what we need to know about the relationship between you and Trump’s birtherism.

Quote:
I voted for Trump based on his policies not whether or not he was a so-called birther.
Nope.

That’s a rationalization.

Trump should have been rejected on not having an acceptable level of character alone.

That you were willing to accept his lack of character as a trade off for policy goals is a reflection upon you.

Quote:
I'm sure you voted for Biden who is a complete failure as president. Don't be a hypocrite!
Nope.

I’m not a Democrat, and I would never vote for Biden. He also lacks the requisite character.

Everything isn’t ‘Us vs. Them’.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
You’re digging a deeper hole with your attitude, revealing things about yourself/your attitudes because a myriad of posters are calling you on things. It sounds as though you don’t even realize that that is happening.
What attitude? Revealing what? You keep making statements without any examples or explanations. I couldn't care less what any anti-American posters in here think of me. There are plenty of patriotic ones that agree with me as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies