Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 11:21 AM

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I would guess 90% of those critical of JRE have never listened.

They have no idea what the format of his podcast is.

They probably think it's just him talking for hours on end.
Exactly. He's just this months target in the sights of the looney left. Face it, we are at the point in society where the group or individual that screams the loudest, like a child, get's their way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 11:29 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly. He's just this months target in the sights of the looney left. Face it, we are at the point in society where the group or individual that screams the loudest, like a child, get's their way.
And burn a few Qiktrips and loot local Targets

Old 02-08-2022, 11:32 AM

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
And burn a few Qiktrips and loot local Targets
Remember though, they were fiery but mostly peaceful...LOL

Old 02-08-2022, 02:22 PM

1,952 posts, read 829,427 times
I am over 50 and listen to Rogan and have done so for a while now.

The left is going after Rogan because he is not willing to carry the water for the left. He has on guests of all stripes and discusses what is best for the country and average people...not what is woke or best for the left or democrats.

They see his "come together and look at problems differently" approach as a real threat to their fear mongering and tribalism.

Old 02-08-2022, 04:04 PM

1,655 posts, read 776,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ordnmx View Post
Why do you say that?
Because it’s what *I think* from spending the majority of my life online over the last 25 years. Rogan and the UFC have simultaneously gained in popularity over the last 10-15 years. I believe both appeal to younger men.

Edit: https://www.mediamonitors.com/audien...ific-to-genre/

This data seems to back up my thoughts.

Quote:
According to our survey respondent demos, Joe’s listenership is 71% male and evenly split between high school and post-secondary graduates. Fifty seven percent of his audience reports earning over $50k per year, with 19% making over $100k. The average age of his listeners was 24.

Quote:
What is your data to support this?
This is a forum to discuss thoughts and opinions — not a dissertation.

Old 02-08-2022, 05:30 PM

2,047 posts, read 857,616 times
The left will not get Joe Rogan. Not because Joe Rogan is the biggest badass on the planet, it’s because he’s innocent. He has one of the biggest growing audiences and platforms in the world for a reason. He lets people share their opinions and thoughts openly. If he shares something controversial he will let both sides speak their peace! The Nazi left can’t stand this and they don’t know what to do with him. Let me tell you something lefties, all you’re doing by attacking him is making him stronger and bigger.

I’ve never met anyone who’s listened to most of his podcasts that doesn’t like him. People are just stereotyping and reading headlines and buying into the lies. Most of his podcast last three hours. Go listen to about 50 of them. Then come back and tell me how he’s racist, how he’s homophobic, or whatever other nonsense the left tries to pin on him to shut him up. They’re not gonna win. Not with Rogan

Old 02-08-2022, 07:14 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I don't know. Why would it even matter? Young white males can do whatever they want.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:31 PM

1,250 posts, read 679,410 times
I don't get this left/right thing. Joe is most like a libertarian - he's not aligned with any party.

I am a liberal, used to be democrat until the recent hatred against people who are unvaxxed, and Joe Rogan is exactly the kind of pod-caster I would be interested in listening to. I don't have a criticism of him, but for my taste, he might have more women on - otherwise, I find his work illuminating and have learned a lot and expanded my consciousness a lot.

I wish people who stop saying "the left," or "the right," as a tactic to "other" and dehumanize the side you're not identifying with.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:39 PM

2,612 posts, read 929,950 times
Its mostly low information types that have an issue with Rogan. They have absolutely no idea what he has said. The guy isnt even anti-vaccine and isnt giving people misinformation. But he doesnt push the party line so he is the enemy.

Remember when the democrats told us recently that "inflation is actually a good thing" to try to protect Biden? A bunch of guys got together in a meeting and say they will tell their agents to push this idea so the dumb general public will actually think it is good that there is high inflation. It was so stupid and none of them actually believed it but they shared it. Where is the backlash for that actual disinformation?

Old 02-08-2022, 08:57 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
So far the dumbest comment I have seen for the year.
Obviously you don't read your own posts... otherwise you'd be exposed to some far dumber comments... but you're probably just used to the low quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies