Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think will be the president of the U.S at the end of 2022 (12/31/22)
Biden 60 67.42%
Kamala 12 13.48%
Other (specify) 17 19.10%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 02:25 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The military will take over and run the election and Trump will win again, for the third time.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 10:18 AM

5,173 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
No way Kamala has a chance of winning in 2024.....
In a fair election, I'd agree. But I don't have any faith that there will be another fair election in my lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Wasnt there a lot of people saying that once Biden won the election, he would quietly step down, allowing Harris to take over?

Havent seen that happen yet!
It's not time yet. If she assumes the office and serves for 2 years, then that will count as a full term in regards to a two-term limit for the office of President. Biden must serve his 2 years + 1 day. Then she'll take over the reins.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:30 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I couldn't really say. It will not be Kamala as I think they will give her the SC seat when it comes available, not sure when that is though. Once Kamala is out of the VP slot, the person that takes that slot will replace Biden. I am just not sure of a time frame, and it will probably depend on how much Biden messes up mentally out in public, and there isn't much wiggle room left considering what a fool he makes of himself.

Per my husband just commenting to me, "The real question is who is really "president" now?" Isn't that the million dollar question.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:22 PM

120 posts, read 131,727 times
I would just like to know who's in charge now......powers behind the curtains.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:30 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
In a fair election, I'd agree. But I don't have any faith that there will be another fair election in my lifetime.

It's not time yet. If she assumes the office and serves for 2 years, then that will count as a full term in regards to a two-term limit for the office of President. Biden must serve his 2 years + 1 day. Then she'll take over the reins.
Even if Harris does take over...what HUGE changes will she bring on, (that she cannot do right now)?

Remember, she is the VP currently, she has quite a bit of power in that position.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:58 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
"Other (specify" -- One thing for sure, Donald J. Trump will never, ever be president again. He is forever destined to be a twice impeached one term wonder.
Yeah, twice impeached for purely political reasons.

Old 02-07-2022, 03:50 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I hope not, I didn’t vote because it would be Kamala or Pelosi and both are just as worthless.
Not if they move Kamala to the Supreme Court as that will leave a vacancy, which will be filled by someone Biden is told by his handlers to nominate, and that will be the one that will replace Biden eventually. I just don't know the time table on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_P...endment%20came

Section 2 of the Twenty-fifth Amendment provides that "whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress."

Hey, Dems, are you thawing out Hillary for this possibility? HaHaHa Hillary!

Old 02-07-2022, 05:26 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Not if they move Kamala to the Supreme Court as that will leave a vacancy, which will be filled by someone Biden is told by his handlers to nominate, and that will be the one that will replace Biden eventually. I just don't know the time table on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_P...endment%20came

Section 2 of the Twenty-fifth Amendment provides that "whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress."

Hey, Dems, are you thawing out Hillary for this possibility? HaHaHa Hillary!
Won't be a shocker if she wins.

Old 02-07-2022, 06:08 PM

5,173 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Even if Harris does take over...what HUGE changes will she bring on, (that she cannot do right now)?

Remember, she is the VP currently, she has quite a bit of power in that position.
Chances are that she'll just be a figurehead like the current occupant of the WH.

Old 02-08-2022, 05:09 AM

30,433 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecup View Post
I would just like to know who's in charge now......powers behind the curtains.
oBAMA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies