Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 04:04 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
What's the story for Brandon using this word anyways? I was a teenager in 1985 and even then, very very seldom did I ever hear anyone say that word. That was a serous taboo word when I was a kid in the 80's, at least where I'm from (San Francisco Bay Area). It wasn't even mentioned in rap songs back then, I know because I used to listen to rap songs back then.
In case you decided not to read the link, Biden was quoting someone else from a transcript during Congressional hearings in 1985. Do you think he should have substituted it for some other word? That's what activists are trying to assert. I don't think substituting words is necessary or recommended when quoting official transcripts, but you may feel differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 04:06 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
The moment Brandon and his horde of wokies come out and say, "Ya know what. Our bad. The one thing that trumps diversity and equity is Left Wing politics" - then I'll take your intellectually dishonest argument seriously.

But, of course, that will never happen.
Identity Politics
https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/identity-politics/

The laden phrase “identity politics” has come to signify a wide range of political activity and theorizing founded in the shared experiences of injustice of members of certain social groups. Rather than organizing solely around belief systems, programmatic manifestos, or party affiliation, identity political formations typically aim to secure the political freedom of a specific constituency marginalized within its larger context. Members of that constituency assert or reclaim ways of understanding their distinctiveness that challenge dominant characterizations, with the goal of greater self-determination.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:19 PM

23,578 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
What's stupid is the fact that you guys want to bust Biden for this from forty years ago but you guys make all kinds of excuses for Trump's housing discrimination from roughly the same era.

And your "excuses" for Trump is center around the fact that "times were different"... which is pretty much what Biden defenders are saying here.

And the fact of the matter is that it's true.

However, in Biden's case in 1985 quoting people using the N word was not a breach of etiquette. It is now days.

In Trump's case, ignoring civil rights housing law was fairly routine back then. It's not now.
Sins of the father now?

Show where the FBI investigation pointed even one finger at Donald, and not the father.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/fbi-d...-james-barrett

Show where the court found him guilty.

A 'no fault settlement' in no way means guilty. All it means is that even if innocent it's far cheaper to pay a settlement than to continue on with a lengthy and expensive court case.

There were black people living in the building, who had let them in?

What is utterly stupid is to bring this up, which proves absolutely nothing other than proving that those who bring it up are grasping at straws...because they have nothing. at all.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:37 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
I can think of a dozen more reasons Joe Biden should be fired. Apparently sucking at everything he touches wasn't reason enough.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:57 PM

1,152 posts, read 617,786 times
I say fire him as he’s still breathing. He is woefully inept in his ability to conduct our affairs, for that, he has to go. I can’t wait until the republican congress impeach him repeatedly for walking his dog.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:58 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,864,025 times
Yes.

And every single idiot who voted for him needs to be identified and forced to pay reparations to the rest of us.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:58 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Fired for something he said in 1985? LOL (are you serious?)
Others been fired for things they said in the past and of course it’s different if it’s a Democrat.

Old 02-07-2022, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ordnmx View Post
Wow, that's some serious BDS. The irony of a cultist saying that they have "zero respect" for someone.

Oof.
Hey, when you guys get over the TDS which is still going on, then you will have room to talk.

Old 02-07-2022, 05:00 PM

162 posts, read 76,520 times
Never heard of a POTUS being fired. Who would fire them? Pretty clear from Joe's past that he is a racist of the worst kind. How he ever got Dr Jill to marry him is beyond me.

Old 02-07-2022, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkyd View Post
Never heard of a POTUS being fired. Who would fire them? Pretty clear from Joe's past that he is a racist of the worst kind. How he ever got Dr Jill to marry him is beyond me.
Congress can vote to impeach a President and senate has to vote on it. Clinton was impeached for lying under oath which he was later disbarred, Trump was impeached for the alleged now debunked Russian collusion and on a word of he said, she said, but no personal witnesses.

The senate obviously didn’t vote to remove either President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies