Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 09:32 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
This is LAS VEGAS, not south central LA or the South Bronx. If this is happening in Vegas, what do you think the future for your public school in <Random State where Education Controlled by Democrats> is going to be?

Get involved people, the future depends on it. Get rid of this neo-Marxist CRT pedagogy and return to sanity
Clark Cty has a population of about 2.3million of which 70% is white.

75% of students in Clark County qualify for free meal programs. The district recently expanded free meals to all students.

Las Vegas has the 9th largest homeless rate in the US. Depending on season, thousands continue to live in the drainage tunnels beneath Las Vegas and many are working poor.

As previously posted, brawls and beatdowns like posted were rather common when I was in high school in the 70’s. Just because cell phones did not exist to record, did not mean it wasn’t happening.

Rarely would a peer attempt to intervene. More likely the burly Assistant Principal or coach would intervene. Local police station was across the street and ready to ruch in with billy clubs when a fight became a pile on.
Back then, parents did not sue as many are prone to do nowadays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 02:04 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
The girl in the first video bashing in that poor kid's head has been charged with battery:

Las Vegas high school student is charged with battery after she punches another girl
30 TIMES in the head while others in class laugh and watch

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ugh-watch.html

Old 02-07-2022, 05:32 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
I'm sure the school is proud all the kids are wearing masks.

You know, for safety reasons.

They won't get COVID when they are getting beating to death.

How parents can SEE this and then send their kid, their CHILD into that environment where they could be the next target ... I can't wrap my brain around it.

Old 02-07-2022, 05:47 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

How parents can SEE this and then send their kid, their CHILD into that environment where they could be the next target ... I can't wrap my brain around it.
The school issued a bulletin about how it didn't tolerate bullying. Starting now

Old 02-07-2022, 07:12 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The school issued a bulletin about how it didn't tolerate bullying. Starting now
No more letting someone wail on your kid for 30 punches. From now on it's only 15 punches, max

Old 02-07-2022, 07:13 PM

Would love to know the backstory of the two girls in the first video. Doubt it was a random expression of rage.

And it’s apparent none of the laughing onlookers felt threatened or motivated to intervene.

Old 02-07-2022, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

This school has more than 3000 students.

It is reasonable to assume that at least one onlooker videos every fight in every school. Nothing short of an officer in every classroom and every x feet of hallway can prevent kids from fighting in schools.

That the onlookers laughed is more concerning than one girl going off on another.

We know nothing about whatever triggered the rage.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:02 PM

866 posts, read 319,900 times
Plenty of fights when I went to HS in the 70's but no smartphones.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:05 PM

162 posts, read 76,550 times
Lots of druggies in Las Vegas. Druggies have kids..... If you really want to get scared in LV, try hanging out at night in places where homeless like to congregate.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:33 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This was our past, too.

Fights in the hallways in my high school in the 70’s were rather common place. These were white kids beating on white kids. Usually males but sometimes females fighting about a male. Cell phones did not exist.

When students intervened it became a bigger brawl.

The Assistant Principal and/ or male coaches usually broke them up. Of course back then, families did not sue because authorities pulled kids off each other.

The school was across the street from the Police station. That came in handy when the brawl became a pile on.
I went to a large high school in So Cal, 3000 plus students and fights were rare. If you were caught fighting you would be entered in the "Sports Round Up", an annual event and all of the fighters would be matched with their opponent and put in a ring to fight it out in front of the student body with rules and a referee.
There were no weight classes, you fought who you were caught fighting with. Many times by the time the sports round up came around, the fighters weren't mad at each other any more. You fought anyway. Probably wouldn't be legal today, but it sure worked back in the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies