Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 09:24 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
But what about us in SD County? "Science" operates differently here, doesn't it?
San Diego went an entire year without the stupid masks until Gov "toot my own horn" decided everyone gets a prize and we were forced to be included in the latest mandate. These jokes write themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 09:25 AM

995 posts, read 509,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The city I live in has "indoor" mandates, but more and more are not following it. The majority still are, but businesses aren't saying anything except those in a few counties. I get a laugh that they force them in Charlotte. Wonder what they think of their local "hero", Baric, since his involvement in the gain of function caused this. Jerk. (The City Data version of what he is.)

I still see people wearing them outside (no mandate), or in their cars all by themselves. Morons. It's not 'virtue signaling', it's a warning to everyone that the person is an unthinking, gullible fool. Those dumb cloth masks and blue masks do nothing to protect or reduce any respiratory illness transmission.
Are you in NC? It's a real mixed bag there, with all those liberal cities and ruby-red rural areas in between. My hometown of Winston-Salem has had a mask mandate since last August - yuck. Signs everywhere. Will be interesting to see what it's like on this weekend's visit. The process of donning a mask to go into a restaurant and wear it to the table, and not wear it again is the most bizarre ritual I've ever seen in my life - and they do that there.

Not here, thank god. In my local corner of the ATL metro, masks are 100% optional in private businesses (gov't facilities still require, as well as transport.) In recent days, I would say the proportion is down to 50%, down from 90% a month ago. Nobody is wearing them outside.

In Florida, where I'll be going later in the month, is down to 10% mask usage away from tourist facilities. Many tourist spots don't require masks either, just "recommend." Busch Gardens, anyone?

Old 02-08-2022, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Are you in NC? It's a real mixed bag there, with all those liberal cities and ruby-red rural areas in between. My hometown of Winston-Salem has had a mask mandate since last August - yuck. Signs everywhere. Will be interesting to see what it's like on this weekend's visit. The process of donning a mask to go into a restaurant and wear it to the table, and not wear it again is the most bizarre ritual I've ever seen in my life - and they do that there.

Not here, thank god. In my local corner of the ATL metro, masks are 100% optional in private businesses (gov't facilities still require, as well as transport.) In recent days, I would say the proportion is down to 50%, down from 90% a month ago. Nobody is wearing them outside.

In Florida, where I'll be going later in the month, is down to 10% mask usage away from tourist facilities. Many tourist spots don't require masks either, just "recommend." Busch Gardens, anyone?
Look at the good sheep that fly. You must wear your mask until you are seated. Once the snack/drink cart comes out the masks can come off. Once you land they enforce masks back on for the 100 yards till you get into the terminal and order a drink. Then they can come off again.

The lack of logic here makes my brain boil.

Old 02-08-2022, 09:32 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ules?_amp=true

Interesting, so it takes three years for the left to see that masks don’t work? I guess better late than never.
I think it's more about leading Democrats repeatedly getting caught not following the rules they impose on others, so they are deciding to just end it now and save themselves the embarrassment.

Old 02-08-2022, 09:35 AM

5,150 posts, read 3,758,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I think it's more about leading Democrats repeatedly getting caught not following the rules they impose on others, so they are deciding to just end it now and save themselves the embarrassment.
They have no shame and can't be embarrassed.

Old 02-08-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Or they are up for reelection, like Newsolini is. I hope voters have taken notice this idiot was caught multiple times not wearing a mask while indoors and at large gatherings he forced everyone else to wear a mask at.

Old 02-08-2022, 10:52 AM

5,150 posts, read 3,758,340 times
Woke propaganda machine. Got the bug anyway.

https://rumble.com/vrlakz-flashback-...ransmissi.html

Old 02-08-2022, 10:56 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Stupidity can stay in vogue for only so long.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:27 AM

13,654 posts, read 9,711,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
... You don't want the bother of having to wear a mask even in crowded indoor settings, so you embrace anyone saying "science" says they do no good and you don't have to. Of course, real science says no such thing because that is physically impossible in the real world.
Some masks reduce transmission of disease. Some masks are more effective than others. Generally, the more effective, the more uncomfortable - especially when worn for hours at a time.

If my hypothetically not wearing a mask exacerbated the chain of tranmission and led to more deaths, then I would regret this, but I would accept this, just as I accept all sorts of daily tragedies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
"People will rebel" - yeah - words on a random internet forum. Let me know how this rebellion will happen and what big plans you have to participate in it.
"Rebellion" is unfortunately limited, disorganized, half-hearted and craven. I am guily of this myself. Were I to have had more courage, I'd have quit my job, and moved to a part of the country without mandates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
...Los Angeles and many areas around the Bay Area are NOT removing their indoor mask mandate. These are also places that have "vaccine passports" in place. None of them are giving any indication that either the mask mandate or vaccine passports will go away anytime soon. But it isn't permanent...
Exactly. The temporary measures will keep getting temporarily renewed, again and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Stupidity can stay in vogue for only so long.
On the contrary, stupidity never goes out of style.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:36 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
California to end COVID mask mandates next week

I wonder what made Gavin change his mind...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies