Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2022, 10:20 AM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times

Advertisements

Neither, since the common man doesn’t have enough money to donate to their campaigns.

The Democrats will at least throw a bone to the working classes once in awhile. The Republicans, on the other hand, would get rid of every New Deal program if they could. The Republicans want to turn back the clock to the 1890s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 10:24 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,788,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Neither, since the common man doesn’t have enough money to donate to their campaigns.

The Democrats will at least throw a bone to the working classes once in awhile. The Republicans, on the other hand, would get rid of every New Deal program if they could. The Republicans want to turn back the clock to the 1890s.
Where do you think that bone came from? Oh wait, from the CHICKEN they took out of YOUR OWN fridge. They ate YOUR chicken are giving you back the bones. Whoopie-doo.

As for most new deal programs - refer to above.^ Stealing your money so they could take a massive cut, **** away most of it, then "give" some of the crumbs back to you. How bout you NOT steal from me in the first place if you want to help? Oh wait, we're talking about democrats, being productive is not allowed.

Last edited by albert648; 02-09-2022 at 10:43 AM..

Old 02-09-2022, 10:24 AM

1,154 posts, read 274,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I was wondering which party do you think supports the common working person--blue collar, service industry workers?

And which supports the more wealthy CEOs, Executives, and information workers (white collar)?

Neither?

Both?

Or?

Neither. Republicans always favor the wealthy and still believe in trickle down economics.What a joke. Democrats cared about sixty years ago. Now they are the party of unbridled corruption, lies, tyranny and crimes against humanity. This isn't even a choice. Can't we all just admit both totally suck in different ways and neither party cares a fig about anything but their own power.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:07 AM

2,035 posts, read 852,699 times
Neither. And if you can’t see that you are as blind as a bat. No offense to anyone. But come on. This is why I’ve been screaming at the top of my lungs that Americans need to ban together at this time and clean the swamp. I know that’s a Trump phrase and I was not big on Trump, but that is one thing the man did expose that the swamp is real and it’s alive and it runs deep.

Through all of these crisis and changes we’ve struck a nerve and it’s become evident to us that these people will use every power at their disposal to maintain that power. And that is a scary proposition. They will come after innocent Americans, label Americans things they are not like terrorists, even have people whacked or disappear just like the Chinese to maintain that power. We’ve allowed a true criminal Netwerk to run our country. We probably can’t even vote anymore to get rid of them. It’s deeply entrenched and we have only ourselves to blame for allowing it to be this way…

Old 02-09-2022, 11:16 AM

1,701 posts, read 781,038 times
NEITHER, they’re both in bed with powerful lobbyists and are beholden to high contributing donors with special interests, despite the rhetoric on either side.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:21 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Neither. And if you can’t see that you are as blind as a bat. No offense to anyone. But come on. This is why I’ve been screaming at the top of my lungs that Americans need to ban together at this time and clean the swamp. I know that’s a Trump phrase and I was not big on Trump, but that is one thing the man did expose that the swamp is real and it’s alive and it runs deep.

Through all of these crisis and changes we’ve struck a nerve and it’s become evident to us that these people will use every power at their disposal to maintain that power. And that is a scary proposition. They will come after innocent Americans, label Americans things they are not like terrorists, even have people whacked or disappear just like the Chinese to maintain that power. We’ve allowed a true criminal Netwerk to run our country. We probably can’t even vote anymore to get rid of them. It’s deeply entrenched and we have only ourselves to blame for allowing it to be this way…
YES x 1000! I'm so glad some are catching on. Biggest problem we are facing in this nation? Blind trust.
Yup, that's it! Just because my favorite and trusted Democratic or Republican politician espouses something doesn't mean it's truthful.

Question: Now can you tell if a politician is lying? Answer: When their lips are moving.

Newsflash folks and listen VERY VERY carefully. These "politicians" don't work for us. They work for Big Money.

Why we all can't see this just befuddles me.

America suffers from a very low political IQ.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:24 AM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Always and Will be Democrats. Republicans hide under the corporations saying they are good for the common man… not. The tax laws they introduced always favor the corporations, they do not vote favorably for social programs. Facts.
Those are Rinos. Trump supporters are supporting the real conservatives. The Freedom Caucus is who we support , not the Rinos.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:34 AM

13,690 posts, read 7,973,244 times
If you're very wealthy it doesn't matter much who is in power. If you have need or want government support perhaps you lean Dem.

I own rental property and my assets/income put me in the upper middle class range or perhaps even "rich"

But I'm not wealthy enough that paying 30k a year more in additional taxes, investment fees or whatever wouldn't matter.

So I vote Rep.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:44 AM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteblonde View Post
Neither. Republicans always favor the wealthy and still believe in trickle down economics.What a joke. Democrats cared about sixty years ago. Now they are the party of unbridled corruption, lies, tyranny and crimes against humanity. This isn't even a choice. Can't we all just admit both totally suck in different ways and neither party cares a fig about anything but their own power.

Democrats and their donors are wealthy. You think they will vote against their own interests and like to give money away because they love poor people?

When were the Democrats a party for the people above all? 1962?

Old 02-09-2022, 11:46 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,553,748 times
Neither. They care only about corporations and their donations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies