Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 05:40 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Who cares? It is the winter Olympics and the ratings are in the toilet.
Indeed. The ratings were much better when we only had 3 networks to watch and nobody was streaming anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 05:40 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Yes, but would they would revoke her citizenship and ban her from the country?
If they could they would. We all know this.

Old 02-09-2022, 05:45 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
If they could they would. We all know this.
They would make a fuss, but they wouldn't. Right now the right is making a fuss, but nothing is going to happen, and in another week no one will care.

Old 02-09-2022, 06:26 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
If you think most Americans agree with the guy who killed almost 3000 Americans, you might be a Democrat.
Plus, why even think it’s a excuse to kill over 3000 people

Old 02-09-2022, 06:37 AM

8,115 posts, read 3,663,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I have a low opinion of any American born in the U.S. who represents a foreign nation no matter which other country. China is most controversial because China is a military and economic threat to the U.S. and American interests and they inflicted this virus on us and the world, possibly intentionally.

I think that if someone chooses to immigrate to the U.S. and enjoy the benefits of being American, they and their children should be loyal to America. We can argue forever about the Middle East, but I was referring to AMERICAN Muslims who celebrated on American soil on 9-11, these people were not loyal to the U.S. and sided with the Islamic world over the U.S. despite living in the U.S. and possibly having American citizenship. But again not all Arab Americans are like that I'm sure many of them were disgusted the way I'm disgusted at these athletes competing for China.

I don't let my ethnicity cloud my judgement. China is a foreign threat to the U.S. along with Iran, Afghanistan, Islamic terrorists and Mexican drug cartels.
So a person flying the confederate flag is talking about loyalty. Lol

Old 02-09-2022, 06:39 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Plus, why even think it’s a excuse to kill over 3000 people
I said... "If you want to know why Osama Bin Laden hated us, here is his letter. I think most Americans basically agree with him."

What I mean is, his reasons for hating us are perfectly rational. If you were him you would hate us too.

If you don't want to read his letter, here is Ron Paul explaining the concept in a way Americans would understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKBDHWDgBo

During the Afghan withdrawal, the United States drone striked some guy and his entire family, then lied about it until they couldn't anymore.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/13/u...ne-strike.html

As Pat Buchanan said, "Terrorism is the price of empire."

https://original.antiwar.com/buchana...ice-of-empire/

Old 02-09-2022, 06:51 AM

4,621 posts, read 4,887,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
Going to guess you don't really care about the others, but specifically singled out Eileen Gu because she's representing and won gold for China.
It's just OPs racism leaking through.

No comment about Carlos Mader, who is Swiss, representing Ghana because one of his parents is.
Or Shannon-Ogbnai Abeda who is Canadian, born in Alberta, representing Eritrea.
Or Samuel Ikpefan who is French representing his father's Nigeria.
Or Asa Miller, who was born in Portland OR, representing The Philippines, twice.
Or Nathan Crumpton who was born in Kenya, grew up in Australia and Virginia, went to Princeton, and represents American Samoa in the Summer and Winter olympics
Or Yohan Goncalves who is French representing East Timor.
Or Katie Tannenbaum who is from California and is representing US Virgin Islands, where she is a math professor.

The ONLY modern competitors who deserve scorn are New Yorkers Gary and Angelica Di Silverstri. In 2014 they were 47 and 48 and represented Dominica. They bought Dominican citizenship for $175,000. They created the Dominica Ski Federation. They then entered some low-level competitions and came in last in most of them, earning just enough points to qualify for the Olympics. It's not like there is any Nordic ski competition in Dominica. She didn't start her Olympic race, he dropped out before the first check point of his.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:07 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,464,653 times
She's 18 and the decision to be on Team China was probably influenced by her mother. Gu supposedly spent her summers in China so she has a connection to it. She's probably also going to get a lot more sponsorship money winning for China than she would've with the US. Can't say I'd fault her for her decision, but I can't really wrap my head around how her very American personality and ethos would jive with skiing for a country that is actively engaged in a cultural genocide of sorts.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:12 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Not sure what to make of Eileen Gu. I probably agree with the OP that she should be stripped of her US citizenship, and permanently barred from entering the country ever again. I get that she's a child -- she's 18, sure, but she's still a child. Probably best to make an example out of her.

Besides, everyone knows that Chloe Kim is better in every way possible, and she's never seen without the flag of the US draped around her.

Is that not exactly what Communist China would do? Or Cuba? I thought America was better than this sort of petty response. Other than that I have never heard of this woman. I have tuned completely out of the Olympics over in communist china.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:21 AM

588 posts, read 224,808 times
She is young and probably listened to her mom. In the end it’s her choice. The larger problem is the corruption that keeps giving China host country status for the games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies