Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2022, 01:03 PM

13,853 posts, read 5,564,410 times

Advertisements

The bottom line is the NFL owner are, and should be free to hire whoever they choose for whatever jobs they want filled within their organizations. Their franchises exist for the same one reason ALL businesses exist - to make, sustain and grow profits for the owners of the business. Not to please ESPN and BLM's sense of racial equity, not to honor the memory of Martin Luther King, but to make money. Period.

The more they win, the more money they make. Period.

When they hire anyone for anything, they care about one driving goal more than any other...care to guess what that is? Oh yeah....WINNING!

When they interview, according to their organization's mission of winning, they choose who they feel creates the best chance for that over the short and long term, and they do so according to their own personal criteria as applied to their profit motive. When they draft a TE, trade for a DT, extend the contract of a star RB, hire a new Special Teams coach, or replace the f***ing hydro therapy equipment in the training facilities....they do ALL OF IT with winning and profit as the bottom line.

No billionaire is so racist that they will happily squander vast sums of cash choosing a white loser over a black winner just because RACIST! Nobody gets to be a billionaire by being that dumb. No no, they get to their big time wealth by choosing correctly, in almost all things, way more often than incorrectly. That includes key hires in key positions within the organization.

The assumption being made by everyone outside that club of 32 billionaires all fighting for a slice of a rather large pie is that we all know better than they do how to hire key people for vital roles within multi-billion dollar organizations. We're all so much smarter, that's why none of us has $billion and those 32 folks do. Thatta cuz we am so smart.

We aren't in the hiring strategy sessions, we aren't privvy to the interviews, we don't hear the insider info that gets shared on private phone calls, etc. Lots of people interview for lots of jobs they think they are qualified for and don't get. Hell, one company has gotten my resume 4 separate times and never actually acknowledged getting one of them. Another company interviewed three times before telling me no, the one missing buzzword on my resume was too concerning, sorry. Etc. I felt qualified for every job I ever got turned down for or ignored totally. That's f***ing life.

None of us knows why, exactly, a head coach is chosen from however many candidates. Generally, we know it's because the owner feels like this guy gives me my best chance at winning out of all the folks we talked to. But specifically, which bullet points on the resume or which answers to which interview questions sealed the deal? Nope, none of us know. Thus, assuming it simply must be racism is equally as absurd as assuming it simply must be because Dread Lord Cthulhu commanded the owner via astral projection. It's a wild ass guess with no basis in fact or logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 01:07 PM

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times
Maybe there should be more Asian and Hispanic coaches. Just because of their race. No?

Old 02-11-2022, 01:10 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,596,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Tomlin is Barry Switzer/John Gruden.

He won a Super Bowl with a team someone else built. And he hasn't won since. Additionally, his record in the playoffs is meh. They've gone to the playoffs 10 times under Tomlin, lost in the first round 5 of those, and only made it to the AFC championship twice. And that entire time, he's had that same Hall of Fame QB.

Hype and ESPN's love affair with him are what keep him in the "omgz, he am so awesomez" discussion. Every Steelers fan I know is ready to see an almost entirely new coaching staff top to bottom. The Steelers are below average and had luck, Ben's occasional heroics and a crappy slate of opponents see them keep Tomlin's "no losing record" streak intact.

Tell you right now, expect that to change this coming season. If the Steelers go 7-10 or better, I'll be shocked. I expect them to win maybe 5-6 games at most.

He can't have Cowher build his next team nor can he have LeBeau and Arians as his DC and OC respectively...which he had when he inherited the brass ring from Cowher. Now he actually has to help draft, trade and hire for the folks that can take the horrid team they have now and actually build a future. No more staff full of hall of famers to help him out.

Anyone got an over/under they want to set for how many seasons he lasts as the Steelers stay mediocre at best, tarnishing even ESPN's love affair?
False False False

Barry Switzer was 6-10 in his 4th and final season as the Cowboys head coach.

Tomlin was 12-4 and went to his second Super Bowl in his 4th year.

Gruden never reached a second SB either and had multiple losing seasons. Tomlin has never had a losing season.

Every year you guys predict Tomlin’s first losing season and it doesn’t happen. Its been 15 years.. AN NFL RECORD!!!

He won’t have one next year. Old man Ben is finally gone. Appreciate his contributions but he was old as hell and a shell of himself. How does a horrid team make the playoffs? We had horrid play at QB this year. Now we are younger and will finally have some cap space to acquire better talent. We have the TE, RB and the DPOY ij Watt. We are a few pieces away from a deep playoff run.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The bottom line is the NFL owner are, and should be free to hire whoever they choose for whatever jobs they want filled within their organizations. Their franchises exist for the same one reason ALL businesses exist - to make, sustain and grow profits for the owners of the business. Not to please ESPN and BLM's sense of racial equity, not to honor the memory of Martin Luther King, but to make money. Period.

The more they win, the more money they make. Period.

When they hire anyone for anything, they care about one driving goal more than any other...care to guess what that is? Oh yeah....WINNING!

When they interview, according to their organization's mission of winning, they choose who they feel creates the best chance for that over the short and long term, and they do so according to their own personal criteria as applied to their profit motive. When they draft a TE, trade for a DT, extend the contract of a star RB, hire a new Special Teams coach, or replace the f***ing hydro therapy equipment in the training facilities....they do ALL OF IT with winning and profit as the bottom line.

No billionaire is so racist that they will happily squander vast sums of cash choosing a white loser over a black winner just because RACIST! Nobody gets to be a billionaire by being that dumb. No no, they get to their big time wealth by choosing correctly, in almost all things, way more often than incorrectly. That includes key hires in key positions within the organization.

The assumption being made by everyone outside that club of 32 billionaires all fighting for a slice of a rather large pie is that we all know better than they do how to hire key people for vital roles within multi-billion dollar organizations. We're all so much smarter, that's why none of us has $billion and those 32 folks do. Thatta cuz we am so smart.

We aren't in the hiring strategy sessions, we aren't privvy to the interviews, we don't hear the insider info that gets shared on private phone calls, etc. Lots of people interview for lots of jobs they think they are qualified for and don't get. Hell, one company has gotten my resume 4 separate times and never actually acknowledged getting one of them. Another company interviewed three times before telling me no, the one missing buzzword on my resume was too concerning, sorry. Etc. I felt qualified for every job I ever got turned down for or ignored totally. That's f***ing life.

None of us knows why, exactly, a head coach is chosen from however many candidates. Generally, we know it's because the owner feels like this guy gives me my best chance at winning out of all the folks we talked to. But specifically, which bullet points on the resume or which answers to which interview questions sealed the deal? Nope, none of us know. Thus, assuming it simply must be racism is equally as absurd as assuming it simply must be because Dread Lord Cthulhu commanded the owner via astral projection. It's a wild ass guess with no basis in fact or logic.
You don’t make a lot more money by winning more games in the NFL. The TV deal has all these teams flush with cash.

This is what some of you fail to understand. As long as owners aren’t losing money they are fine. Some want to win more than others but they are all winning financially. Also remember these are some very rich owners and for most these teams aren’t how they got rich.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:26 PM

10,312 posts, read 8,504,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I could but the last time I did it fell on deaf ears. Usually when people ask for links its just to dismiss them.

Google ASU NFL coaching report and you will find it.

and why would anyone question these results. Tomlin and Dungy have won SB’s.

I’m pretty sure the percentage of Black coaches who won SB’s is much higher than the percentage of white head coaches. Especially when you have Billicheck winning 5 or 6 of them all by himself.
In other words you have no links.
If there are deaf ears why are you posting with just opinions so much. Make your point with legitimate sources and you will win. Avoid it and you look foolish.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because 70% of white people are raised in a 2 parent family, while only 30% of black children are. THAT is the reason they have they advantage.
Parents are the reason there are more white head coaches? lmaoooo

Old 02-11-2022, 01:32 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,106,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
If there are deaf ears why are you posting with just opinions so much. Make your point with legitimate sources and you will win. Avoid it and you look foolish.
Bingo…but only have assumptions, allegations, speculation, etc…, because feelings, lol.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
We all have google

What is the point of posting links to studies you won’t read or acknowledge?

https://www.acslaw.org/wp-content/up...ssue_Brief.pdf

https://globalsportmatters.com/wp-co...NFLFeb2021.pdf

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10....46446221076866

Old 02-11-2022, 01:35 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,106,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
You don’t make a lot more money by winning more games in the NFL. The TV deal has all these teams flush with cash.

This is what some of you fail to understand. As long as owners aren’t losing money they are fine. Some want to win more than others but they are all winning financially. Also remember these are some very rich owners and for most these teams aren’t how they got rich.
Tv deals are based on viewership. Folks aren’t going to watch a league filled with lousy teams in which tv money would be much less.

Except you certainly make a lot more money by winning more games in the NFL. Merchandise, higher ticket prices, more sponsorship money, etc…

Lol. Every owner wants to win. If they didn’t care they wouldn’t spend to the cap, would hire cheap coaches, etc…

Old 02-11-2022, 01:39 PM

15,801 posts, read 14,414,927 times
Goodell should come out and say that he's running a sports league, not a social service / justice organization, an the teams are free to choose their head coaches based on whatever criteria they choose.

Of course this would involve Goodell growing a set of balls, which his decision making as football commissioner continues to show has never happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies