Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 06:57 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It is hilarious, especially since he’s had a HOF qb and great players. As we know with Tomlin, “the standard is the standard”, “next man up, and my favorite Tomlinism of all “obviously”…as his expiration date is obviously up.

Where’s stats to your claim that black head coaches have a better win percentage than white head coaches?

Interesting how you ignore him only having 3 playoff wins in 11 seasons, lol.
I admit my ignorance since I do not use any of the smart phone places like twitter, etc., for texting, what is "HOF"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2022, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Because he’s one of the only black head coaches in the league, you claim to be a Stillers fan, and you keep bringing him up and trying to defend him.

Lol. I already said they want to win. You obviously have comprehension problems, and I never said they spend to the cap every season. That’s you reaching and trying to say I said things I didn’t.

When will Tomlin win a SB with the Stillers as you predicted?
"Because he’s one of the only black head coaches in the league,"

But NOT "the only one" EVER in the league. I posted the list of ALL of them earlier.

I don't know if you are an avid football or not, so I ask. If you had your choice, would you hire a black coach, or ANY job for that matter, if the whites on your list were better qualified, just so can "brag" that you hired a black person?

MLK "NOT for the color of their skin but........"!

What happened to that with people like you?

Old 02-12-2022, 07:16 AM

25,724 posts, read 12,793,994 times
57.5% of NFL players are black, & nationally, we are only 13% black, so what is the issue?

Old 02-12-2022, 10:25 AM

2,409 posts, read 1,527,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Why don't you White guys start producing kids who can beat out these Black kids?
This is an excellent idea. And it should be applied to all fields, not just sports. College admissions, NFL coaches, hiring, promotions, etc. Let's shift everything to merit and away from race/gender.

Old 02-12-2022, 10:36 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I admit my ignorance since I do not use any of the smart phone places like twitter, etc., for texting, what is "HOF"?
Hall of Fame

Old 02-12-2022, 10:38 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Because he’s one of the only black head coaches in the league,"

But NOT "the only one" EVER in the league. I posted the list of ALL of them earlier.

I don't know if you are an avid football or not, so I ask. If you had your choice, would you hire a black coach, or ANY job for that matter, if the whites on your list were better qualified, just so can "brag" that you hired a black person?

MLK "NOT for the color of their skin but........"!

What happened to that with people like you?
I live for football.

I’d hire whoever I felt best for the job, and I’m not going to be a bit concerned with how others think I should run my business or spend my money.

Old 02-13-2022, 06:12 AM

Quote:
I live for football.

I’d hire whoever I felt best for the job, and I’m not going to be a bit concerned with how others think I should run my business or spend my money.
"I live for football."

My condolences!

Only kidding.

"I’m not going to be a bit concerned with how others think I should run my business or spend my money"

Bingo!

Old 02-13-2022, 06:49 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,043 times
Time for the nfl to put on corporate black face *sarcasm*

Old 02-13-2022, 07:29 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I disagree with you that there is no mental skill in coaching.

However, your point that black parents need to start raising kids that can beat out Asian kids academically is offensive.
Apparently there is no mental skill in reading and interpreting posts. Either that or your sarcasm needs work.

Coaching is different than playing in regards to skill set and the number of available people who are qualified to do it at a high level.

As to your second comment. There are a lot of reasons that Black kids don't perform to the level of Asian kids. And there are a lot of reasons that White kids don't perform as well athletically as Black kids. However, lack of resources isn't one of them. So quit whining about the fact that little Johnny can't play cornerback in the NFL.

Old 02-13-2022, 07:51 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
There are more white head coaches because there are vastly more white grad assistants on Div IA football teams, which is where the college and pro coaching pipeline and career path starts.

There are more white physicists than black. Want to take a guess why? It's because whites get ~70% of the awarded Physics degrees in America, and blacks get ~3%. We can do this with lots of jobs, where we examine the number of people in the traditional/common starting point and then see how many end up at the top of those careers.

The first thing you have to understand is that playing football does not equal coaching it. They are two entirely different things that simply take place within the same industry. Different starting points, different education requirements, different career paths, different personnel pipelines, etc. Statistically, they are totally different, and that is true in every sport. Does Bela Kyroli look like a female gymnast? Does Gino Auriemma look like a female basketball player? Does Stan Van Gundy look like he is hooping it up in the NBA anytime soon? Coaching and playing are different. Period.

Once you understand and accept that, take an honest look at the baseline starting point for coaching, and then compare populations at that point versus what you see in that career path's topmost position. You'll see the two numbers are quite similar, if not a bit skewed IN FAVOR of black coaches in the NFL based on an artificial external force that does not exist at the starting point in the coaching career path. Then ask, why don't more black graduate students in Div IA make the same choice to ostensibly work for free 12-15 hours per day as so many white graduate students who are grad assisting on every team in FBS and FCS? Internships and OJT matter, so why aren't more black grad students jumping into that career path at that point? I have no earthly clue, but they aren't.
This is a good question and points to the fact that becoming a NFL coach requires many years of education, training and sacrifice. Much like pro-athletes, very few people who set out to become pro-coaches actually make it. It's an extraordinarily competitive multi-year, multi-tier, merit based selection process currently. It's open to anyone who wants to try, but very few ever set out to do it and even fewer make it to the pros. Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, it doesn't matter. If you want to be a coach, you begin by working for free for a long, long time. And no, it's not "white privilege," because the people I know who have done it worked their butts off holding down two side jobs while going to school and "volunteering" 40 hours a week as assistant coaches at various levels. After many years of that, they finally landed low-paying entry level jobs and then many years later they could finally afford an apartment without a roommate. Now they are pretty successful and wealthy, but God knows they earned it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies