Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2022, 08:51 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
haha.. I know it pains you to hear that Black head coaches produce at a higher level than white head coaches since the Rooney Rule was introduced.

Apparently it doesn’t take much to be a head coach. Look at these recent success stories

Urban Meyer couldn’t even make it through 1 full season
Matt Rhule 10-23
Joe Judge 10-23
Fangio 19-30
Matt Patricia 13-29-1
Adam Gase - 9-23
Any of those handed a winning franchise like Tomlin in Pittsburgh or like Dungy in Indy or like Dennis Green in Minnesota?

None of them hold a candle to Fritz Pollard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2022, 08:57 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Tomlin must be your main example for your statement of blacks having a higher regular winning percentage than white coaches since the Rooney rule, but please do post proof of that?

Like we’ve seen in Pittsburgh over the last many years, regular season wins don’t mean much as standards are higher, and only 3 playoff wins in the last 11 seasons has been very disappointing, but Tomlin is a great regular season coach.
That's the knock on him. Granted being in the same conference as the Patriots hurts your chances a lot. 2014-2017 they had their chances. Especially 2017. Jacksonville had their number that year.

Old 02-10-2022, 09:00 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Any of those handed a winning franchise like Tomlin in Pittsburgh or like Dungy in Indy or like Dennis Green in Minnesota?

Bingo…and Tomlins had a HOF qb his entire head coaching career.

Old 02-10-2022, 10:01 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Having a policy (which the NFL currently does not have, but is on the verge of being dumb enough to implement) that demands/regulates a certain number/percentage of a certain racial demographic occupy a specific position within an organization is in fact a violation of the Civil Rights Act."

The NFL DOES have policy that states for EVERY coach opening job a black HAS TO BE INTERVIEWED!

" TIDES NFL Racial Report Card Scores Category Grade Overall Racial Hiring B+ Race of NFL Players A+ Head Coaches D+ Assistant CoachesA+
Doesn't mean they have an actual requirement that a black coach be hired, just that one be interviewed.

I would argue that having a policy that rewards a black hire with extra draft picks is a violation of the Civil Rights Act, because it penalizes for NOT hiring a black coach. But nobody has brought suit, so it gets to keep happening.

Old 02-10-2022, 10:48 AM

979 posts, read 417,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
haha.. I know it pains you to hear that Black head coaches produce at a higher level than white head coaches since the Rooney Rule was introduced.

Apparently it doesn’t take much to be a head coach. Look at these recent success stories

Urban Meyer couldn’t even make it through 1 full season
Matt Rhule 10-23
Joe Judge 10-23
Fangio 19-30
Matt Patricia 13-29-1
Adam Gase - 9-23
That means nothing to me. I'm happier that white QBs win the Super Bowl on a consistent basis.
I'll ask, again, what does it take to be a head coach?

Old 02-10-2022, 10:55 AM

10,852 posts, read 4,534,722 times
I asked before, got no answer, other than THIS year, when the number went from 5 to 1 for HEAD coaches, what percentage of COACHES in the NFL are black? (hint:35-40%)

so if we are going to push the affirmative action, equity/equality narrative, should not the number of black head coaches be 13%ish of 32? ditto assistant coaches? ditto players? otherwise you have to point out why one inequality takes precedence over another.

IF you are on the 'yes it is racist' side of this, you now see how you run into your own mound of BS awfully fast no? Bring a spoon. A large one.

Old 02-10-2022, 01:32 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

Tony Dungy and Dennis Green were handed winning franchises?

That is news to me.

and why is it always handed or inherited when a Black coach is successful?

Old 02-10-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
That means nothing to me. I'm happier that white QBs win the Super Bowl on a consistent basis.
I'll ask, again, what does it take to be a head coach?
I’m happier most teams that win the SB are 70% Black.

yeah, see how silly that sounds.

Old 02-10-2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo…and Tomlins had a HOF qb his entire head coaching career.

Most successful head coaches have a HOF QB.

What is your point?

Zach Taylor was 4-12 without Burrow last year. Now he is in a SB.

A good QB makes a coach look good. This isn’t a secret.

But Tomlin has shown he can win with MR and Duck in 2019 and almost made the playoffs. That is the sign of good coaching.

Old 02-10-2022, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
I asked before, got no answer, other than THIS year, when the number went from 5 to 1 for HEAD coaches, what percentage of COACHES in the NFL are black? (hint:35-40%)

so if we are going to push the affirmative action, equity/equality narrative, should not the number of black head coaches be 13%ish of 32? ditto assistant coaches? ditto players? otherwise you have to point out why one inequality takes precedence over another.

IF you are on the 'yes it is racist' side of this, you now see how you run into your own mound of BS awfully fast no? Bring a spoon. A large one.
all that stat shows is there should be more Black head coaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies