Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 09:03 PM

23,130 posts, read 28,863,992 times

Advertisements

Back in the day in NYC, 1800's, the homeless would sleep in the basements of police stations. Now there's an idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2022, 09:13 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,070,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Back in the day in NYC, 1800's, the homeless would sleep in the basements of police stations. Now there's an idea!
Nah, police nowadays are big meanies. Let them stay with folks that welcome them and defend their behavior. Anything else would be hypocritical….and don’t forget about the illegals. They deserve free stuff too.

Old 02-11-2022, 05:58 AM

23,130 posts, read 28,863,992 times
Ding-ding! The U.S. fertility rate has fallen to 1.6. Ideally, 2.3.

The falling fertility rate around the whole world is going to eventually make illegals the next gold mine. Grab em' while you can! Within time, countries will be fighting over them.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:28 AM

21,402 posts, read 10,475,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ196 View Post
Shows what idiots we have running things. They want people to do this. But the housing and eviction rules are so strict. You would get a crack addict or worse in you home or property. And no way to evict.

Liberals just seem to make things worse and no common sense. We already see how many have died from the defund the police. And how well it is working with areas they are allow to buy, sell and use drugs.

SAN JOSE, Calif. — As the Bay Area continues to struggle under the weight of its homelessness crisis, officials and nonprofits are asking local residents to do more than hand out meals or donate spare change. They’re asking them to open up their homes.

Nearly 30,000 people are unhoused in the five-county Bay Area, and there isn’t nearly enough room in the region’s existing affordable housing developments. To fill the gaps, service providers increasingly are recruiting private landlords to take in homeless tenants. Some property owners are renting out entire units in exchange for agreements that the government or a nonprofit will cover the rent. Others are offering up spare bedrooms in their homes – sometimes in exchange for a small stipend, and sometimes as a purely charitable act.

But it’s hard to find owners willing to take a chance on someone down on their luck. At least one program recently ended because of a lack of landlord interest . . . "

Also we have Biden giving out free crack pipes in the name of racial equality, spending 30 million.
https://highlandcountypress.com/Cont...iny/2/20/75807

Some people should just not be allowed to vote.
Every politician who votes for these policies should be required to take these people into their homes. They live in huge homes and can afford it. See how long they’ll be pushing for bail reform once they have to live with the consequences of their policies.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Take it to P&OC, please.
Why? This is controversial and political. Seems ripe for this forum.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:37 AM

14,112 posts, read 4,504,470 times
I live in LA.

We had a recent murder case where a homeless guy stabbed and killed a young woman for no reason inside a fancy furniture store.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:38 AM

4,291 posts, read 2,162,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why? This is controversial and political. Seems ripe for this forum.
I think it was originally posted in the California forum - but that is a safe space for Dems and wokesters - hence the comment to move it to here.

Old 02-11-2022, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
I think it was originally posted in the California forum - but that is a safe space for Dems and wokesters - hence the comment to move it to here.
Oh, that makes sense. But I can understand why people don’t like coming to this sub forum. I love it but it’s not for everyone.

Old 02-13-2022, 09:50 PM

178 posts, read 81,623 times
They where surprised they could not get landlords to except them. With the tenant friendly laws. It could take a year to evict if a problem.

Here is some more news today.

Utah Good Samaritan lets homeless man shower in her apartment, he slits her throat.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...pDR?li=BBnb7Kz

Old 02-13-2022, 09:52 PM

178 posts, read 81,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post

No, I posted in the renting forum. Since it involved landlords being asked to rent to these people.
I also dont understand why it was moved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies