Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2022, 05:11 AM

1,014 posts, read 479,571 times

Advertisements

Are you sure this is legitimate news on Yahoo. All I see is advertisement. Just another junk news to me. One down from National enquirer news that amounts to nothing.

Last edited by tyCable; 02-13-2022 at 05:12 AM.. Reason: add 's' to new to get news
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2022, 05:13 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You will love the ending. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwFCDQpjOJ0

That's gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0qm0KUPeD8

Old 02-13-2022, 05:26 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
And this is why progressives are fine with a different type of income redistribution.
Few takeaways:

1) you/businesses can’t stop
2) calling police is only acceptable response
3) justified to take from a business that has more equity than you
4) news outlets MUST continue to use word “alleged” shoplifter despite 42 videos, dropped democrat voter registration card, and full facial recognition
5) only shame of any shoplifter would be if there were maskless.
6) and finally, how dare someone questions why businesses are concerned about shoplifting.

Understand that when a grocery store or drug store closes due to shoplifting, it’s not in the rich areas so “democrats don’t care”. In Minneapolis in summer 2020, there were minorities being interviewed that were crying that access to Target, grocery and other stores would stop because of stores closed and would not reopen due to looting. They get it. They know! The news quickly stopped interviewing them because they came across as rational and 100% correct.
1) It happens in all locations regardless of community income
2) This is NYC the laws pertaining gun ownership are extensive and do you really want that 18 yo clerk
pulling a sawed off shot gun out?
3) Who said it is justified?
4) Didn't you ever watch Cops? "All suspects are incent until proven guilty in a court of law".....
5/6) whatever don't know where you got that from

Understand that low income areas in many cities don't support those businesses that are willing to invest in those areas so when they have had enough of being robbed they close up and relocate, can you blame them. Even national chains will cut their losses and close when the community doesn't support them and that's on them not any social movement, political party or news coverage that you may perceive is at fault.

Old 02-13-2022, 05:53 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
How long before people start taking the law into their own hands just like they did with cattle rustlers in the old days? People are only going to take so much.
A long time, in the most grievous cases that are making the news the employees receive no royalties they are hourly hired help. There is no longer any shame applied by the greater society when you sit back and watch the owners stuff get snatched. And the modern rancher will not let you go with the community thinking that you are a coward. Especially when the owner's policies are for you to stand back and let his stuff get snatched.

Even when the owner hires guards they know that their function is that of a scarecrow, and the crows have figured out that the scarecrow won't move or pull out a weapon even if he is decked out in tactical soldiers gear.

Old 02-13-2022, 06:44 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I'm not going to lose any sleep if a Louis Vuitton store gets ripped off. Considering how their goods are priced it's really just a case of professional courtesy among thieves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyCable View Post
Are you sure this is legitimate news on Yahoo. All I see is advertisement. Just another junk news to me. One down from National enquirer news that amounts to nothing.
The, above, posts don't deserve to be answered. The first one is an attempt to derail the thread, since Louis Vuitton doesn't sell steaks, and the second one trying to pretend it is fake news, but we know which side promotes fake news: The Left. And they support the thieves, as can be seen in their posts.

Quote:
Or you could just not shop there but respect that the store provides a product that people like and they have a right to get paid for their products and not have them stolen. You want a Wild West it will become a Wild West. Watch out when insurance refuses to pay retailers and we lose them all and are forced to only get goods from certain vendors. No more nice stuff. But hey, you deserve whatever you want right? Let’s just hope that eventually it doesn’t turn out that people will object, violently.
Yo are right, and you have correctly assessed the mindset of some of the posters.

Quote:
How long before people start taking the law into their own hands just like they did with cattle rustlers in the old days? People are only going to take so much.
I wouldn't worry, at all, about someone getting violent. Eventually the stores will move somewhere that the government isn't woke, and I suggest all of the law abiding citizens do the same.

As some of us say "COOHMP."

Old 02-18-2022, 01:29 PM

18,074 posts, read 15,664,302 times
I was in a TJ's the other day, after not having been there in months. Chatting with the checkout guy, I asked him what he thought about what was in the news--someone just taking groceries and walking out.

He shrugged his shoulders..'meh.' "It's really not worth getting in a physical altercation over, or worse. I don't get paid enough to tackle some food thief." He went on to explain TJ's has line items in their budgets that account for loss of product, shortage, and this would be an example of that.

TJ's does not have armed guards (or any guards). It would be foolish for any employee of the store to be put in the position of confrontation, in which they could be injured or killed. Not to mention TJ's could be sued as a deep-pocket organization. People are crazy, and innocent workers out there in the world have been killed for less.

Old 02-18-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I was in a TJ's the other day, after not having been there in months. Chatting with the checkout guy, I asked him what he thought about what was in the news--someone just taking groceries and walking out.

He shrugged his shoulders..'meh.' "It's really not worth getting in a physical altercation over, or worse. I don't get paid enough to tackle some food thief." He went on to explain TJ's has line items in their budgets that account for loss of product, shortage, and this would be an example of that.

TJ's does not have armed guards (or any guards). It would be foolish for any employee of the store to be put in the position of confrontation, in which they could be injured or killed. Not to mention TJ's could be sued as a deep-pocket organization. People are crazy, and innocent workers out there in the world have been killed for less.
Are you actually having problems, in your neck of the woods?
I always thought that area was pretty sane,
compared to the more woke areas of the states.

(Although I can tell, by voting patterns, that it is beginning to become a problem.)

Old 02-18-2022, 03:02 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
If we could eliminate white supremacy, we'd have less of this. -Mainstream propaganda media

Old 02-18-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If we could eliminate white supremacy, we'd have less of this. -Mainstream propaganda media
I agree. Likewise, if we could get rid of the MSM,
we wouldn't have to listen to the woke,
pretending everything is white supremacy.

Old 02-18-2022, 03:10 PM

84 posts, read 28,194 times
I have seen these shoplifter guys and it is a funny game to them because they know how insane it is that nobody arrests them for stealing anything they want. Now the videos made it more enjoyable of a game for them because they are like mini celebrities in the neighborhood, brazenly published in videos online like NYPost so these guys are better known now and they think it is funnier than ever and then continue stealing and making zero effort to conceal it. They actually do it laughing at customers and they just steal in front of employees too.

The guy probably went and brought the stolen meats to his food cart buddies a block or two away from the store they steal from. I have seen the guys doing it and they are illiterate and high and drunk and think it is funny to steal and they just laugh because they have no consequences. It’s absurd.

The majority of kids who shop there are young wokester transplants who are completely clueless to their surroundings of a big city like New York. A large percentage of the people who work at the grocery store are also wokester transplants who are clueless of their surroundings.

I think the cops are regularly called on the thief's and they show up to shoe the thief's away but have to do it carefully due to a certain skin color in NYC having a free pass on all crime. It is a poisoned city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies