Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 06:51 AM

43,121 posts, read 18,281,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Eighth graders are given assignment to use pizza toppings as metaphors for SEX ACTS - including 'olives = giving oral'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-mistake.html

Why is so much sex being forced upon school kids these days?
Why won't the liberals just leave the kids alone?
Did they hand out copies of Kama Sutra before asking those questions ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2022, 07:03 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The natural perverted nature of our species is being normalized by the cultural elites. That would include sex below age 18 since if you look back on history and look at other mammal species, they generally tend to breed around puberty... so age 13-15 give or take in humans, which is the age Mary supposedly was when she got pregnant with Jesus, right in that post pubescent age range.

I guess as long as high schoolers don't start getting pregnant in large numbers it's not the end of the world. I don't know what to think. Despite the slow normalization of this behavior, teen pregnancy rates are way down. I've pointed out in other threads that a lot of famous musicians of old have had a lot of sex with underage girls, and that it was common to marry young even in the US much of the 20th century. Think Hendrix, David Bowie, and others. The list is LONG.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-rate-falling/

If it's suddenly now such a problem why are teen birth rates lower than ever? Give them contraception so they don't get pregnant at least. It's unlikely the sexualization of the culture is going to reverse significantly. Teen birth rates were higher in 1940... kind of shocking as this is the first time I bothered to research data going back that far. The time period from 2010 to present likely has some of the lowest teen pregnancy rates in the history of our species. At it's peak nearly 10% of live births were 15-19 year olds during the baby boom.
How is this shocking? Abortion is one of the reasons teen pregnancy is not as high as it was in 1940, plus it wasn’t uncommon for girls to date older guys even when I was a teenager in the ‘80s, and parents accepted it. I’m not talking about guys in their 30s, but it wasn’t really looked down on for high school girls to date men in their early 20s. And in the ‘40s many people got married in their late teens or early 20s.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:46 AM

8,046 posts, read 10,638,176 times
I don't want to villify all teachers. I had some great teachers while growing up, and so did my children. Sex "education" consisted of a brief, very clinical, explaination of our biology and reproduction process. That's it. That was enough.

I don't understand what in the world is going on now. I grew up in the 70's and 80's and those were not exactly "prudish" times. Yet, I cannot imagine the disgust and humiliation I would have felt as a young student having some of this absolutely inappropriate trash pushed on me in class along with my peers.

And had my children been exposed to some of this junk, you can bet I would have protested - loudly.

There is nothing "progressive" about this.

Are people with pedophilic tendencies getting into the profession with the specific intention of being in closer proximity to children? I'm really beginning to wonder.

Old 02-15-2022, 12:28 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is no educational value, but its addressing something kids of that age are going thru...I wish they had in my days in those grades, maybe we would not have all lied to our parents about whether we were having sex or not.
Why would that lesson prevent you from lying to your parents?

Old 02-15-2022, 12:42 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I'm waiting for the next phase of sex education: Live demonstrations in the classroom
Monty Python.

Old 02-15-2022, 12:45 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
I've heard many make the argument that Germany handles alcohol better because teenagers are allowed to get into using it casually much younger and it's not so taboo so when they do finally reach adulthood they are more responsible and mature about it.

Making something taboo and telling people not to do it or use it is generally a flawed strategy from a psychological perspective. Better to educate people and get them to, in this example, have sex responsibly so as to not spread diseases or get pregnant prematurely.

I'm the one that would lower the drinking age to 16 though, and legalize marijuana. You are never going to stop people from engaging in base dopamine driven thrill seeking activities like sex and casual drug use without authoritarian measures in place to stop it. You only stop the low hanging fruit from doing these activities.... basically people who already have a personality disposition that makes them want to obey authority figures.

How many coworkers do I know that were smoking, drinking, and/or using pot at 16... probably half of them... whether they are 25 or 60 right now that percentage remains pretty consistent. A certain segment of the population are just naive to human nature.

I guess I'm more accepting to simply acknowledging our biological realities rather than suppressing them. Is it so bad to discuss sex as an 8th or 9th grader in school? I will admit it would be nice if the left was as accommodating to discussing firearms or anything remotely conservative in nature. That would go a long way towards increasing gun safety, through education when young. They're under the mistaken impression that not discussing certain things will make them go away. I don't believe in "book burnings" no matter which side is doing it.

Last edited by sholomar; 02-15-2022 at 12:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies