Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 06:07 AM

7,146 posts, read 4,739,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Biden has taken advantage of Putin. Putin, thinking Trump's attempt to destroy NATO would allow Russia to invade, has backfired.

NATO has come together. A dictator like Putin is an easy rally point. All across the EU the comments are the same. No appeasement.
Lol…Trump strengthened NATO. His predecessor couldn’t. Even left wing NPR agrees that Trump strengthened NATO.
https://www.npr.org/2019/12/03/78444...itary-spending
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 06:19 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Again, more assumptions. The fact is because Trump beat poor Hillary and the goosechase started and continues today.

Lol at peril. Peril is what we’ve seen the last 13 months and why approval ratings are plummeting.

Considering you’ve been proven wrong with everything you said about the goings on of Sleepy Joe and have deflected to because Trump, you’re going to have to come up with proof, as feelings, assumptions, allegations, speculation, etc…, don’t count. Bidenflation is real and folks are experiencing it and many are suffering because of it.
Notice how you've repeatedly brought up Hillary Clinton and I've not mentioned her once. I fully believe Trump won the 2016 election fairly, and honestly don't know anyone who doesn't believe that. Clinton is completely irrelevant to anything under discussion, and your obsession and need to keep bringing her up suggests some kind of insecurity in your own views of Trump's presidency.

Your argument style seems to be little more than to turn everything I say into "I know you are, but what am I?" If I say Trump endangered democracy, you simply say that Biden is the one who has really endangered it. If I say Trump is a terrible president, you will just say Biden is the real terrible president. How is any of this a serious debate?

You've literally not proven a single thing I've said wrong, so I don't know what kind of fantasy you're living in. You've said "Nuh uh" to what I've said, which doesn't actually make for a legitimate counterpoint to anything.

I thought you said you were happy that folks were suffering from inflation because they deserved it? How can you both find it a problem, but are glad it exists?

Old 02-11-2022, 06:20 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
LOL this clown can’t catch a break. Consumer Price Inflation up 7.5% YoY! Highest level since 1982!!! The fed is going to have raise rates which is going to crater borrowing and the economy. A massive recession just in time for the midterms!

Could it get any worse for these old man Biden??!!
He does like a good scoop of ice cream though, and doesn't send out mean tweets. America got what we deserved.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nope, I simply have no empathy for folks that put themselves in bad situations. They made their bed, they deserveto lay in it. It’s nobody’s fault but their own.

That’s what we’ve heard his entire term in office. And let’s not forget Sleepy Joe promised unity and an end to the virus quickly. He’s done no such thing and has added so many debacles that he can’t dig himself out. It’s why Dems will lose the House and what a wonderful day it will be.
So you agree with me you have no empathy for people you disagree with. Thanks.

So you agree then that Trump was responsible for everything that occurred during his term? Including the economic collapse, Covid deaths, all the protests, the rise in crime, etc?

Old 02-11-2022, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Biden signaled weakness when he essentially had our troops exit in as absurd a manner, leaving people behind, as Barney Fife would. Our enemies smell blood in the water. No non Banana Republic attacks when we have strong leadership. WE have no leadership in the WH.
That's certainly a take. Not a good or educated one, but... a take.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:34 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Triple down. Yes, I get it. Your capacity for compassion and empathy ends when someone says, thinks or does something you disagree with. You're a real Jesus character.

So by that logic, everything that happened under Trump was his fault? Can't wait for you to stumble around trying to argue that those things were "different".
"Compassion and empathy"???

This is how libs actually perceive themselves; yet their "compassion and empathy" ends when you ask them to cough up a single dime of their own money or contribute time toward their favorite "downtrodden souls".

If you are really "compassionate and empathetic", you would:

1. take in a few illegals or homeless into your home
2. volunteer at the border to help all the people living in hell due to Biden's idiocy
3. Go fetch a few Americans stranded by Biden in Afghanistan
4. Give up your job to a less qualified minority
5. Pay more taxes to support all of your emotionally fueled government programs
6. volunteer at a homeless shelter
7. give up your car and ride a bike
8. give up central heat and AC to help "global warming"
9. no longer use any plastics
10. oppose "green energy" initiatives which are killing the rainforests
11. support the free speech of those who disagree with you
12. adopt a few minority children

All libs are "empathetic and compassionate" simply for their own benefit of virtue signaling to receive accolades from their liberal friends. However, when it comes down to sacrifice, they do nothing, as they are really mean, selfish people. They desire personal praise and props for stupid issues they "support", but never participate in.

Biden is KILLING THE NATION WITH IDIOCY AND TERRIBLE FISCAL POLICY. Where is your "empathy and compassion" for all the families that cannot pay their rent, grocery bills, and gas due to the lunacy of Biden? The nation is suffering from this idiot and you don't give a damn, as you are more concerned with people praising you over BS issues you really do not support at all.

WAKE UP

Old 02-11-2022, 06:37 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"Compassion and empathy"???

This is how libs actually perceive themselves; yet their "compassion and empathy" ends when you ask them to cough up a single dime of their own money or contribute time toward their favorite "downtrodden souls".

If you are really "compassionate and empathetic", you would:

1. take in a few illegals or homeless into your home
2. volunteer at the border to help all the people living in hell due to Biden's idiocy
3. Go fetch a few Americans stranded by Biden in Afghanistan
4. Give up your job to a less qualified minority
5. Pay more taxes to support all of your emotionally fueled government programs
6. volunteer at a homeless shelter
7. give up your car and ride a bike
8. give up central heat and AC to help "global warming"
9. no longer use any plastics
10. oppose "green energy" initiatives which are killing the rainforests
11. support the free speech of those who disagree with you
12. adopt a few minority children

All libs are "empathetic and compassionate" simply for their own benefit of virtue signaling to receive accolades from their liberal friends. However, when it comes down to sacrifice, they do nothing, as they are really mean, selfish people. They desire personal praise and props for stupid issues they "support", but never participate in.

Biden is KILLING THE NATION WITH IDIOCY AND TERRIBLE FISCAL POLICY. Where is your "empathy and compassion" for all the families that cannot pay their rent, grocery bills, and gas due to the lunacy of Biden? The nation is suffering from this idiot and you don't give a damn, as you are more concerned with people praising you over BS issues you really do not support at all.

WAKE UP
Yep - agree! I'm as conservative as anyone on this board. But I give $$ to organizations who are doing good work - and even give some of my time when I can. Some liberals do the same so I won't paint as broad of a brush as you, but I notice it also. Some of the most liberal people I know do nothing to help anyone.

Old 02-11-2022, 09:03 AM

34,048 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Yep - agree! I'm as conservative as anyone on this board. But I give $$ to organizations who are doing good work - and even give some of my time when I can. Some liberals do the same so I won't paint as broad of a brush as you, but I notice it also. Some of the most liberal people I know do nothing to help anyone.
Ditto.

I volunteered to tutor a girl, several hours a week, at night, after work, for 5 years.

It is about walking the walk, not talking the talk only.

Old 02-11-2022, 11:32 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Notice how you've repeatedly brought up Hillary Clinton and I've not mentioned her once. I fully believe Trump won the 2016 election fairly, and honestly don't know anyone who doesn't believe that. Clinton is completely irrelevant to anything under discussion, and your obsession and need to keep bringing her up suggests some kind of insecurity in your own views of Trump's presidency.

Your argument style seems to be little more than to turn everything I say into "I know you are, but what am I?" If I say Trump endangered democracy, you simply say that Biden is the one who has really endangered it. If I say Trump is a terrible president, you will just say Biden is the real terrible president. How is any of this a serious debate?

You've literally not proven a single thing I've said wrong, so I don't know what kind of fantasy you're living in. You've said "Nuh uh" to what I've said, which doesn't actually make for a legitimate counterpoint to anything.

I thought you said you were happy that folks were suffering from inflation because they deserved it? How can you both find it a problem, but are glad it exists?
Lol. Love the assumption, but I keep bringing her up because right after she lost the impeachment talks began and the goosechase started.

Except Sleepy Joe is POTUS, not because Trump. This is happening on his watch. Instead of deflecting to because Trump, you should really look at the debacles that have been created like many others have, and why it’s going to cost Dems the House.

Actually, I said folks that voted for Sleepy Joe deserve the consequences of doing so. Hopefully they’ll see the error of their ways in voting for a demented old fool that has zero idea what he’s doing. With approval ratings plummeting, many have done just that.

Old 02-11-2022, 11:45 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
So you agree with me you have no empathy for people you disagree with. Thanks.

So you agree then that Trump was responsible for everything that occurred during his term? Including the economic collapse, Covid deaths, all the protests, the rise in crime, etc?
Nope, I have no empathy for those that make poor decisions and put themselves in bad situations. Let them reap what they sow.

Lol at economic collapse and the strawman arguments.

As to Covid deaths, muh Fauci told because Trump “we had nothing to worry about” when we had everything to worry about….and even during a pandemic and Dems continuing with their goosechase, he got the vaccine out in record time, unfortunately, Dems wouldn’t endorse it till after the election.

The protesters, looters, burn it down folk, etc…, that contributed to $2M in damages and raised crime had zero to do with because Trump. That was the work of opportunists.

What we’ve seen under Sleepy Joe is nothing like we’ve seen under because Trump, but please do continue to try to prove otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies