Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 01:50 PM

634 posts, read 1,159,508 times

Advertisements

LOL this clown can’t catch a break. Consumer Price Inflation up 7.5% YoY! Highest level since 1982!!! The fed is going to have raise rates which is going to crater borrowing and the economy. A massive recession just in time for the midterms!

Could it get any worse for these old man Biden??!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2022, 01:57 PM

29,682 posts, read 24,732,160 times
I was actually willing to give Brandon a chance... But after like the 3rd day in office, it was clear what kind of a disaster this administration was going to be. Carter's tenure in office will soon be considered "the good old days", since they've been cooking the inflation books for so long to make it seem reasonable. Now, the people are awake and know.

Old 02-10-2022, 01:57 PM

5,119 posts, read 4,889,185 times
I really don't have any respect for o'bamm but I will say, he was spot on when he said something along the lines of, "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up".

Old 02-10-2022, 05:00 PM

17,347 posts, read 9,171,734 times

Hard to run and hide from these numbers. The only person I can think of that would like this is Jimmy Carter.

UIt’s going to get a lot worse before it gets any better. Biden went begging the Saudi’s and OPEC again. They laughed at him. I attacking them as soon as he was inaugurated is not working well for him.

They know how to hold a grudge.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:05 PM

13,675 posts, read 8,961,039 times
So, are we surprised that there is inflation?

Lets see: we are in the midst of a pandemic. So far, 920,000 Americans have died, and more having long-haul symptoms.

Many workers have quit their jobs; some to get better jobs with better wages, others because the death of a spouse left them as the only caregiver for their children.

Wages have gone up as a consequence. Fast food places have been upping their wages from the minimum wage of $7.50 to as much as $15.00. Your hamburger is costing more.

Speaking of hamburger, the virus tore through slaughter-houses, causing plants to shut down, hence resulting in less meat available to purchase. Less meat equals higher prices.

Vegetables and fruits are also up, due to a shortage of workers.

We all know about the problem with the supply chain: we certainly had threads about the number of ships waiting outside harbors waiting for a slot to unload the goods. Once on shore, the problem persisted, due to the number of truckers whom either died, got sick, or retired.

Today's automobile rely on computer chips. We all know about the chip shortage, in part due to China having to shut down factories due to the virus. New car prices are up, as are used cars.

Housing continues to go up, as people living in apartments (and so at increased risk of exposure to the virus) desire to move to a house.

Oil prices continue to climb. As one that receives royalty checks, that is good. But I would rather see the prices fall and have slimmer checks.

Some good news: Biden and the Democrats helped out by the stimulus checks, which no doubt many Trump supporters received and cashed. Every Republican voted against this help. Every since one.

See:

https://www.businessinsider.com/stim...package-2021-3

Plus, during Biden's first year, some 6.6 million jobs were created, a record. Of course, I realize that many of these people being counted were simply going back to work after having been laid off, but still...

Also, bankruptcies are down, including farm:

https://www.fb.org/market-intel/farm...ically-in-2021

see also for individuals and businesses:

https://www.uscourts.gov/news/2021/1...e-fall-sharply

Regardless, we all know that prices are going up. That Biden and the Democrats will be blamed is simply par for the course. They have the power.

However, I doubt this will be an inflationary cycle like the one I lived through during the 1970s. We simply have dollars chasing scarce products, which causes the prices to go up. When the supply chain and worker shortage gets back to normal, prices will go back down, although not to the pre-pandemic level.

When will this inflationary spurt end? Perhaps this summer, before the mid-terms, perhaps next year, or the year after. No one knows.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:08 PM

25,401 posts, read 18,524,462 times
Cue up the old Diana Ross song... I'm Coming Up. I wonder how far up it will go? 30%? 50%? 1920s German Mark territory?

Old 02-10-2022, 05:11 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,590,185 times
The Biden administration hurts people's well being.

The Trump administration hurt Social Media's feelings.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:13 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,490,969 times
Don’t worry. It will get a lot worse.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:14 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,023,345 times
How many disasters has this guy created?
This is an honest question.
Maybe 6 ?
Could it be more?

Old 02-10-2022, 05:47 PM

29,682 posts, read 24,732,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
How many disasters has this guy created?
This is an honest question.
Maybe 6 ?
Could it be more?

Depends... Are you counting the incident with the pope as a disaster???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies