Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2022, 09:53 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times

Advertisements

I can't take the credit for this, I heard John Cardillo talking about how this is something that DeSantis would do but that Trump wasn't well suited to figure out.

The idea in dismantling the deep state / administrative state is to purge all the progressive elites. It's a high energy problem to fire them all, but if you break up all these agencies geographically, they solve the problem for you.

Department of Education, Department of Justice, etc etc they are all based in a progressive echo chamber hell hole of Washington, DC. The solution? MOVE ALL THE AGENCIES OUT OF DC

Move them to red state cities like Nebraska, Chattanooga, Boise, Jacksonville, etc etc. Those places will get a flood of new jobs and all the progressive elites with voluntarily QUIT because they can't cope living outside of DC, LA, NYC, etc...

Brilliant!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 09:57 AM

7,363 posts, read 3,529,717 times
unfortunately the right has plenty of swamp turtles and snakes as well. it can be solved with

term limits
campaign finance reform
lobbying reform

Old 02-11-2022, 10:18 AM

15,849 posts, read 14,479,382 times
That's not draining the swamp, that's making a lot of new, smaller swamps. The problem is the people not the place. Look at how swampy the state governments can get.

Having said that, for other reasons, I like the idea of breaking up concentration of government operation in DC. One thing in particular I'd do, is not have congress meet in person. Have the senators and congresscritters stay in offices in their home states/districts and meet electronically. It would make them more available to their constituents, it would make it a bit harder for paid lobbyists to have access to them. And since all their communications would have to be electronic, we can make a law that all conversations between them, any other government officials, and any private parties trying to influence them be recorded and made publicly available.

Old 02-11-2022, 10:24 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
So, "the swamp" = "progressive elites"?

Old 02-11-2022, 10:32 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So, "the swamp" = "progressive elites"?
and neo cons, which are defecting to the Democrat party, by the way.

If I had my way I would slash the Federal government by at least 60% and shut down whole departments

Old 02-11-2022, 10:33 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Step 1. Ban deficit spending. Mandatory surplus or balanced budget. Zero out the entire Federal Budget.
Step 2. Abolish taxes.
Step 3. Change to a fee for services model outside of defense, diplomacy, treasury and minimal law enforcement. Let people choose what services they want and how much they'll pay for them.
Step 4. Terminate every service or program, the bureaucracy(ies) that go with them, the underlying regulation(s), and underlying statutes that prop up their existence, if it doesn't raise sufficient funding to allow it to continue to operate at break-even or a surplus.

Step X. Profit

Want to drain the swamp? You gotta drain the money from the swamp.

Old 02-11-2022, 10:36 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I can't take the credit for this, I heard John Cardillo talking about how this is something that DeSantis would do but that Trump wasn't well suited to figure out.

The idea in dismantling the deep state / administrative state is to purge all the progressive elites. It's a high energy problem to fire them all, but if you break up all these agencies geographically, they solve the problem for you.

Department of Education, Department of Justice, etc etc they are all based in a progressive echo chamber hell hole of Washington, DC. The solution? MOVE ALL THE AGENCIES OUT OF DC

Move them to red state cities like Nebraska, Chattanooga, Boise, Jacksonville, etc etc. Those places will get a flood of new jobs and all the progressive elites with voluntarily QUIT because they can't cope living outside of DC, LA, NYC, etc...

Brilliant!

how many did our blessed saint of pork move to WV?

Old 02-11-2022, 11:15 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post

Brilliant!
That is less radical than deporting all the liberals and may gain some traction.

Do not expect, despite the disaster of Joe Biden, for liberals to actually learn something from this "experiment" and suddenly become sane.

Liberals have been culled and fed this BS all their lives, so they are incapable of rational thought or critical thinking. It would take a massive de-programming effort to give liberals a chance of being able to process information rationally again.

PS: The way to "drain the swamp" is to take the profits away. Term limits, preventing representatives from buying and selling investments during their term, and making "lobbying" illegal after their terms would take away all the profit and they would find another scam to get rich. As they are lawyers, they would resort to frivilous class action suits, so you would probably have to make that illegal and cap salaries for lawyers, as otherwise they will find a way to rob the nation blind.

Old 02-11-2022, 11:18 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
You need to drain the swamp's money supply which I've already mentioned in other threads. End QE forever. Pop the bubbles. That's how you do it.

Reward savers instead of spenders. We are a society that encourages debt and reckless spending because it keeps the system liquid and generates profits for large corporations. Deficit spending post pandemic has been ridiculous but the roots of QE began in 2008 and we've been a managed economy under modern monetary theory ever since.

You can't drain the swamp while having policy that encourages bad behavior and corruption. You can't have it both ways. I have no faith the republican party will do anything to restore long term stability to this country. At best they will stop us from being pushed off the cliff for a couple years.

Old 02-11-2022, 11:19 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
We now know why Trump could not drain the swamp. Because he clogged it up with classified documents.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies