Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 07:57 AM

24,504 posts, read 17,255,259 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I saw a post on social media. It read, if you Back the Blue you cannot Back the Truckers.

This led me to thinking about the protests by BLM/antifa and the protests by the truckers.

In the protests we had groups that had no clear goals but for violence and destruction. What did BLM/antifa really want? They seemed to want to tear down society, dismantle Law enforcement agencies, tear down History, to end racism? What were their end goals that powered their nightly fits of destruction, looting, arson and violent riots that led to Billions of dollars in damage?

We had many of our elected that sided with the mobs and some even gave them space to destroy while they told their Police to stand down.

There was no way to appease these mobs. There was nothing that could be done to make them stop but luckily their "movement" finally fizzled out.

The thing is with the Truckers and their protest, we know what they want and it is well within one mans powers to put an end to it all. Trudeau only needs to drop the mask mandates.

It is laughable how the Left wing media compares the riots to the "terrorist" truckers especially when one group had no goals but violence and the other has one easily obtainable goal and is peaceful.

The People have taken notice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 08:02 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,703,968 times
One protest destroyed private property, assaulted citizens, and attempted murder of police officers (so,e times actually murdering police) while the other is a non-violent protest against a government’s policy they feel is an overreach of power over the people.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:03 AM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Even if we don't agree with the Truckers position, they've been non-violent.

There has been a lot of attempts recently to try to rebrand their protest with terms like "economic violence" or "emotional violence"......raaaaacism.....nazis...all kids of garbage.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:04 AM

25,798 posts, read 18,848,819 times
The left's entire existence is centered around lies and hyperbole. You know, like saying Jan 6 was more destructive and more of a threat than the Civil War? Stupid comments like that? Yeah. They love that crap.

In this case, when they can show me the two and a half billion dollars worth of property damage the truckers have caused, we can talk without me laughing in their faces. Show me the arson, looting, assaults, murders, and sheer destruction. I hope this goes on until a lot of leftists' stomachs are growling. Maybe they will wake up them. I'd doubt it.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:06 AM

29,836 posts, read 24,933,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

There has been a lot of attempts recently to try to rebrand their protest with terms like "economic violence" or "emotional violence"......raaaaacism.....nazis...all kids of garbage.

We've had a couple brand new posters here that insist there was a Nazi or two among the group. I don't really doubt them. Every group has a lone extremist or two. But it's funny to watch the left chase their tail pretending they really have something there. Yet they ignore blatant antisemitism in their own ranks, sometimes coming from actual democrat politicians.

I don't like Nazis, but at least they are open and up front about who they are and what they believe in. Democrats seem to think that things like skin color and political affiliation gives them a right to spew the same level of hate and bigotry without being criticized, and that is just not how it works in the real world. The truth is, I'd rather not hear any of them speak, but we have freedom of speech and everyone has the right to use it, even evil people full of hate. The founding fathers wanted it this way so the Dbags amongst us self identify. Makes it a lot easier to sort out who is who in all of this.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:28 AM

24,504 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Yes the truckers and their supporters are non violent and even though they push against the Police that are trying to enforce the Law and the orders of Trudeau The People are not attacking and trying to injure or kill those officers.

Of course the media is trying to rebrand the Truckers as the enemy because they are trying to turn the tide of public opinion that is mostly on their side. Biden is nervous that the Truckers could be on their way to America and DC and if the convoy turns that way will we be hearing them charged as potential Insurrectionalists!

It is ironic how the Dems and their media can excuse 100 nights of violent riots but the few hours of the mob occupying the Capital on January 6th is worse than Pearl Harbor and 9/11 combined!

They are trying to do the same with the Truckers. They can excuse/ ignore the riots because they were held to promote Social change and to end racism.... but the Truckers are Terrorists!

Trudeau can end all of this with a press conference.

Biden can end the threat of the same with a press conference.

Why don't they do it?

Old 02-11-2022, 08:31 AM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
We've had a couple brand new posters here that insist there was a Nazi or two among the group. I don't really doubt them. Every group has a lone extremist or two. But it's funny to watch the left chase their tail pretending they really have something there. Yet they ignore blatant antisemitism in their own ranks, sometimes coming from actual democrat politicians.

I don't like Nazis, but at least they are open and up front about who they are and what they believe in. Democrats seem to think that things like skin color and political affiliation gives them a right to spew the same level of hate and bigotry without being criticized, and that is just not how it works in the real world. The truth is, I'd rather not hear any of them speak, but we have freedom of speech and everyone has the right to use it, even evil people full of hate. The founding fathers wanted it this way so the Dbags amongst us self identify. Makes it a lot easier to sort out who is who in all of this.
Any "nazis" were most likely democrat plants designed to present a false image to the media.

Now libs will soon believe that all truckers are "nazis"! Only an idiot would fall for such an obvious, dull witted ruse.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:32 AM

25,798 posts, read 18,848,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Only an idiot would fall for such an obvious, dull witted ruse.
That automatically includes nearly all the left.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:56 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,955,928 times
Even after this protest ends one thing will always remain true. Truckers are useful and very necessary members of our societies. BLM and Antifa bring only divisiveness and destruction.

Old 02-11-2022, 09:05 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,730,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The left's entire existence is centered around lies and hyperbole. You know, like saying Jan 6 was more destructive and more of a threat than the Civil War? Stupid comments like that? Yeah. They love that crap.
Herbert Marcuse, Repressive Tolerance

We all live in his world right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies