Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 07:55 PM

798 posts, read 502,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
If one has had Covid before and recovered do you believe they

A. should be vaccinated or
*B. does the bodies natural immunity set in and protect them from further infection?

Seems the CDC is backtracking now on natural immunity that it indeed protects you as it did with Delta the jury is still out on Omicron.

I had Covid back in April it knocked me on my A** I was told by everyone I must get the vaccine get two and your done.

Now you're supposed to get a booster and now they're talking about a fourth shot where does it end? don't get me wrong I believe in vaccines and those who didn't have covid before should get it and even the elderly immunosuppressed.

What I'm saying is if you had it before why not take natural immunity in to consideration? Many studies on it from Israel and as mentioned above CDC has changed its stance maybe require those who had it before just get one shot to enhance their immunity.

I'm not an anti vaxxer I don't tell anyone not to get Vaxxed I wear my mask everywere I go. I'm just saying natural immunity should be taken in to consideration with all these vaccine mandates.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:58 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
The CDC has backtracked so many times they've lost credibility with the public in my opinion.

Hey Goofball, Covid rapidly mutates into dozens of variants that are markedly different from each other. CDC is dealing with a moving target. The virus sometimes moves faster than science's ability to gather, assimilate data and formulate a response. CDC's advice shifts because the virus shifts. I have not seen any evidence of massive incompetence or errors by our medical establishment. But being overly cynical about everything is in fashion, so have at it.

Old 02-12-2022, 08:02 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
I got vaxxed, boosted and then covid. Let you know if I get it again.

Old 02-12-2022, 08:06 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Now you're supposed to get a booster and now they're talking about a fourth shot where does it end? don't get me wrong I believe in vaccines and those who didn't have covid before should get it and even the elderly immunosuppressed.

What I'm saying is if you had it before why not take natural immunity in to consideration? Many studies on it from Israel and as mentioned above CDC has changed its stance maybe require those who had it before just get one shot to enhance their immunity.

I'm not a anti vaxxer I don't tell anyone not to get Vaxxed I wear my mask everywere I go. I'm just saying natural immunity should be taken in to consideration with all these vaccine mandates.
I read an article says, The evidence, which is confounding some researchers, suggests that getting flu shots repeatedly can gradually reduce the effectiveness of the vaccines under some circumstances.

I wonder if this the case with Covid vaccination. The fact that they keep on pushing the booster and soon the fourth one is concerning to me.

I've been told by my uncle who is an ER doctor that sooner or later, we will all be exposed to the virus. Being exposed to does not mean that we will have symptoms or be hospitalized or die. It just means that we will be exposed to it.

I have my two vaccinations, and like I said earlier, I had terrible running nose and sore throat two weeks ago. The symptoms last about 2 days. Maybe I already got omicron. if this is the case, then at least covid for me, is nothing serious.

I will still get the booster if I have to, but I too, wonder where does it end.

Old 02-12-2022, 08:25 PM

5,988 posts, read 3,731,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It obviously doesnt last for years, we know for a fact people get Covid twice in less than a year.
I got Covid about 5 months after completing the two-shot vaccine program, so vaccines are no guarantee either. Unless something changes drastically about the virus or about our information concerning the virus, then I'm through with Covid vaccines.

If some people want to continue to live in isolation in fear of catching it, that's their business. I intend to go about my business as usual, and, thankfully, here in Florida I'm allowed to do so.

Old 02-12-2022, 08:46 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It obviously doesnt last for years, we know for a fact people get Covid twice in less than a year.
I’m curious if they got vaccinated after the first infection or were they totally relying on natural immunity?

I’m thinking covid will be like the flu where you can get it more than once.

Generally, natural infection is more durable than vax immunity for pretty much every other disease for which a vaccine exists.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:00 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post

Generally, natural infection is more durable than vax immunity for pretty much every other disease for which a vaccine exists.
Of course, you have to get the infection and survive it first.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Since there's no way we'd mandate everyone in the USA to get a chickenpox vax I'd say natural immunity is being ignored for political and financial reasons. Anyone got a better explanation? Heck, even with flu shots they at least TRY to get something that will work on whatever strain they think is going to dominate. Sure they get it wrong a lot but they aren't asking people to get the same flu vax over and over becasue they know it'll probably be useless.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:07 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Natural immunity didn't eliminate smallpox. Humans "playing God" did that.
Why rely on natural immunity when there was a vaccine that actually worked, unlike the so-called covid 'vaccine'.

Quote:
The smallpox vaccine protects people from smallpox by helping their bodies develop immunity to smallpox. ....

Smallpox vaccination can protect you from smallpox for about 3 to 5 years. After that time, its ability to protect you decreases. If you need long-term protection, you may need to get a booster vaccination. Find out who should get smallpox vaccine.

Historically, the vaccine has been effective in preventing smallpox infection in 95% of those vaccinated. In addition, the vaccine was proven to prevent or substantially lessen infection when given within a few days after a person was exposed to the variola virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/smallpox/vaccine-basics/index.html

Old 02-12-2022, 09:33 PM

1,250 posts, read 679,047 times
This thread is so weird from the title "What is your take on natural immunity," to the discussion.

There is no "take," as in having an opinion.

Natural immunity is conferred when you get a virus and survive a virus. There are plenty of studies online, no need for guesswork.

The B.S. the CDC spewed about natural immunity, was just that - tricks to try to get people to take the shot. They have zero integrity or credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies