Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2022, 01:41 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Ahhh, under 25 years old.

Link to everybody under 25 playing soccer in school?

When do you predict it easily becomes the most popular sport?
My son was all-district in high school. I never came close to playing it. I just can't justify running around for 90 minutes and MAYBE getting one goal. I need a little more scoring for all of that effort.

Soccer is growing, but it has a long way to go before hitting the big three.

Old 02-13-2022, 01:43 PM

10,482 posts, read 6,999,249 times
The NFL is a business that has taken alot of money from the taxpayers.

Old 02-13-2022, 01:46 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My son was all-district in high school. I never came close to playing it. I just can't justify running around for 90 minutes and MAYBE getting one goal. I need a little more scoring for all of that effort.

Soccer is growing, but it has a long way to go before hitting the big three.
Bingo

I do want to love watching soccer, especially since there’s so many league options, but the lack of scoring is so ridiculous(I think the average is under 2 goals a game), and some of those players are the whiniest I’ve ever seen. They take a dive, act like they’re in excruciating pain, get right back up, cry to the ref, and play like nothing happened because it didn’t.

Old 02-13-2022, 01:47 PM

10,482 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg are largely gen X and older millennial acts now. Eminem is total millennial and even some gen Z. I honestly don't see any ticking the needle. The day of a Super Bowl halftime act being something to expand the Super Bowl viewership is largely over IMHO. Nobody is a Michael Jackson level performer today.
Michael Jackson is the King of Pop. People who like Snoop are probably 50 by now. Eminem isnt even cool anymore, he once made fun of Moby for being 36 and now Eminem is in his 50s.

Old 02-13-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The NFL is a business that has taken alot of money from the taxpayers.
And has provided a huge amount of money to the taxpayers. Revenue, merchandise, jobs, etc…., numbers are huge, and that’s huge tax revenue.

Old 02-13-2022, 01:51 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Football is still in 2nd place. That is not bad.

Everybody plays soccer now. It is no surprise that more and more young people are fans of soccer. Everybody plays it so they know the rules and can relate to the players.

I was raised in the 1960s. Soccer didn't exist so nobody watches it but young people, and probably mostly young Hispanic people. Witness your 13%-12% ratio for soccer. So only 1% of Americans over 25 watch soccer. With the fast growing number of Hispanics in America, I am really surprised the number is that low. There have to be way more Hispanics soccer fans over age 25 than that.

FWIW, professional boxing was the most popular sport until WWII. Of course, pro basketball was not even invented then.
No joke. All the community centers or parks in South Florida now have been dominated by soccer players. I think the only reason why schools still build football fields is because old money keeps funding it for them. When that old money dies off, football will too.

Old 02-13-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
No joke. All the community centers or parks in South Florida now have been dominated by soccer players. I think the only reason why schools still build football fields is because old money keeps funding it for them. When that old money dies off, football will too.
Nah, it’s because football is still the most popular sport, and why even high school games and championships get televised.

Football will dominate viewership and popularity for a very long time. After all, didn’t you say it would take an entire generation before soccer might take over?

Old 02-13-2022, 02:07 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Michael Jackson is the King of Pop. People who like Snoop are probably 50 by now. Eminem isnt even cool anymore, he once made fun of Moby for being 36 and now Eminem is in his 50s.
You know who has aged, but keeps going strong? DJs

Jazzy Jeff is probably more popular now than he has ever been. D-Nice, many others now do primarily online sets since the pandemic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies