Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 11:12 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,589,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
She took down Kamala’s entire candidacy in 30 seconds and went after Hillary Rodam in a follow-up statement. You really can’t do those things and stay afloat in the DNC.
Imagine a 2024 race Desantis vs Gabbard.

I would prefer Desantis, but it wouldnt be the end of the world if it were Gabbard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 12:13 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

I would prefer Desantis, but it wouldnt be the end of the world if it were Gabbard.
The DNC seems to be run by a smallish internal group (Team Hillary plus a few others) for a while now that picks the winner ahead of time and then punishes, kneecaps and outright cheats all the other candidates via their loyalists and media ties.

As such, a number of viable democratic candidates like Gabbard have no chance and instead we get living fossils with baggage.

Republicans have their own issues but I find the DNC's grip on the nomination to be troubling and counterproductive to their party.

Old 02-14-2022, 12:24 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
The US military is the pitbull of Corporate America.
And corporations are in bed with global powers, zionists, and jesuits

Old 02-14-2022, 01:08 PM

17,003 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The DNC seems to be run by a smallish internal group (Team Hillary plus a few others) for a while now that picks the winner ahead of time and then punishes, kneecaps and outright cheats all the other candidates via their loyalists and media ties.

As such, a number of viable democratic candidates like Gabbard have no chance and instead we get living fossils with baggage.

Republicans have their own issues but I find the DNC's grip on the nomination to be troubling and counterproductive to their party.
Are you sure Biden is actually living? The current WH occupant seems like a geriatric version of Weekend At Bernie's to me.

Old 02-14-2022, 01:09 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,665,707 times
I'm old enough to remember when we had a President stupid enough to say "The 1980s called, they want their foreign policy back"

Old 02-14-2022, 03:37 PM

9,362 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
As I mentioned in another thread, the sad state of affairs in America is that we are now divided into a pro Russia and pro China camp. I don't see anyone really pro America anymore.
I don’t think there is a pro-Russia camp in the US, rather a tiny minority willing to consider Russia’s point of view with some degree of objectivity.

There is certainly a huge pro-China camp and, yes, I too don't see anyone really pro America anymore.

Old 02-14-2022, 03:49 PM

6,976 posts, read 2,701,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
What exactly is this war going to be over? Land?
When the Soviet Union collapsed, Bill Clinton made an agreement with Ukraine that if they surrendered all the nuclear weapons that were stationed in their territory back to Russia, the United States would protect them even though they are not a member of NATO. The Russians agreed as long as Ukraine did not join NATO.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:12 PM

2,510 posts, read 1,296,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I too don't see anyone really pro America anymore.
Couldn't $2 trillion be spent not on the next war in the Ukraine, but on building US hospitals and educating millions of new doctors, for example?

Old 02-14-2022, 06:16 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
What exactly is this war going to be over? Land?
The idea is this:

Poopy Pants calls up his good friend Vladimir Putin. The conversation goes something like this...

Poopy Pants: Hey, Vlad. I was just wondering if you could do an old friend a favor. My ratings are dismal. I'm incompetent as hell. Everyone besides a few useful idiots hate me. I need something to take the minds of the ingrates off from my sh**** performance and failure. Could you start a war?

Vladimir Putin: Sure, Poops. I can do that. But do you really think that is going to bring your ratings up?

Poopy Pants: Hell if I know. But we got ourselves a ten alarm fire here. I'm willing to try just about anything.

Vladimir Putin: Why don't you start opening up death camps?

Poopy Pants: That's an idea. But let's go ahead and try this first. See how it goes. After all, I cannot torment dead people; and anyway, where would the tax revenue come from for my Parasite Class voters?

Vladimir Putin: I see your point. One war, coming up.

Old 02-14-2022, 06:40 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

I'd vote DeSantis hands down. As a Florida resident DeSantis is the type of leader I want to vote for.

I have major, fundamental differences with Gabbard. But, I think she is, at her core, a respectable person. Even as a Democrat I would support her over a Romney, Cheney, Bush, or <insert establishment politician here>.

To be honest, I would prefer Gabbard to be president and DeSantis to remain Florida governor through 2028.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies