Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 08:59 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
"I'm just asking questions!"

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Just_asking_questions

...a way of attempting to make wild accusations acceptable (and hopefully not legally actionable) by framing them as questions rather than statements. It shifts the burden of proof to one's opponent...
How is asking for a link to a story another poster mentioned -- which is what started that conversation that you are quoting -- "attempting to make wild accusations"?

Please explain. Looking forward to how asking for SPECIFIC information is somehow the wrong tactic to take when trying to understand.

Really. Please explain that.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
While I agree that 4000 out of our population equates to some level of fear mongering, I'd also caution you to check your stats.

There are not 315M females in the USA. I think there are only about 340M total population. Something is off on your numbers. Probably an honest mistake, we all make them, but if you want your arguments to be taken seriously, you have to be precise.

But even if there are only 100M women (a guess, not a fact), or even 50M between 18-35 (also a guess), your point somewhat stands. I do believe we are susceptible to fear mongering. One side fears the virus, and the other side fears the cure. Both are a result of fear-mongering and sensationalization.
Oops sorry. There are about 115 Million females in the US. My bad.

Death rates are calculated over lifetime.

And there is truly no data as far as eliminating risk. Average age for diagnosis is 50 years old. No way to tell the impact of the vaccine's effectiveness until about 30 years from now.

Math still stands. Risk is about 0. The vaccine is pretty worthless.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:11 AM

1,711 posts, read 807,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There are about 4000 deaths from ALL CAUSES of cervical cancer each year in the US.

There are 315 Million females in the US.

Do the math. The chance of dying from cervical cancer is about 0. But the fear mongering worked. Most worthless drug ever created.
315 million females in this country? More like 160 million.

And far far fewer within an age group that might be worried about cervical cancer.

And that is 4000 per year (which i haven't actually confirmed), not a total number for all women alive.

Do the math.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
315 million females in this country? More like 160 million.

And far far fewer within an age group that might be worried about cervical cancer.

And that is 4000 per year (which i haven't actually confirmed), not a total number for all women alive.

Do the math.
Yes, another poster pointed out my typo. It's about 115 million women in the US.

And there are 4000 deaths, 12000 cases annually. Average age of diagnosis is 50.

Risk of dying from cervical cancer is about 0.

That's the math.

Vaccine is basically pointless.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:18 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
It's weird that a high profile CELEBRITY died in such an odd manner and that it does not appear to have garnered any further investigation. He smashed his skull to the point of multiple fractures from front to back, but was found lying on his bed. And no apparent look into foul play? No discussion of evidence of WHERE in the room he hit is head, blood or hair on the bathroom floor, for example? No security footage outside his room in case he fell there and staggered INTO his room?
Noting you also claimed there was no police investigation earlier in the thread. I asked you to google and try to learn rather than speculate and "ask questions" but you basically skipped past getting available information so let's put this in the ground shall we?

https://people.com/tv/authorities-de...police-report/

1) There was a police report. Hence there was a police investigation unlike the claim you crafted from aether.

2)
Quote:
"Footage shows him coming back to the hotel and immediately going to his room, alone," adds the detective.
Hey look, they did have security footage. The police looked at it...you know as part of their investigation.

3) (deputy)
Quote:
Gonzalez noted in the report that "no signs of trauma were seen" nor were any signs of foul play.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:22 AM

2,284 posts, read 637,003 times
At least 80% of women will get HPV in their lifetime. A tiny % of them will develop cervical cancer.

This idea that HPV causes cervical cancer is based on purely correlative speculation - remnants of HPV DNA have been found in cancerous cells.

However, since cervical cancer develops later in life, and the floor on HPV is 80%, this is by all no means proof of anything.

This is another hoax to push and profit from vaccines. We need to pass a law that if a vaccine is "truly necessary", no one can profit from it. Wait and watch interest in vaccines dry up.

Now, it's easy money. They get added to the vaccine schedule, and generate yearly income, and no one actually monitors if they work or not, claims notwithstanding from the serial liars at the CDC/FDA.

Good on India for kicking BMGF and Merck to the curb.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Noting you also claimed there was no police investigation earlier in the thread. I asked you to google and try to learn rather than speculate and "ask questions" but you basically skipped past getting available information so let's put this in the ground shall we?

https://people.com/tv/authorities-de...police-report/

1) There was a police report. Hence there was a police investigation unlike the claim you crafted from aether.

2)

Hey look, they did have security footage. The police looked at it...you know as part of their investigation.

3) (deputy)
Where did I state that "there was no police investigation"? Link to that post.

All that is above? Is questions. Perhaps if you had answered questions -- since it appears you did indeed have answers -- instead of flinging accusations and assumptions and insults to slam "anti-vaxxers" by dragging up stories from about a decade ago the thread would have more information in it.

Done with this.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:37 AM

24,635 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

Did these "medical experts" examine Mr Saget's body? Because the medical examiner who did the autopsy concluded the trauma was likely the result of a fall. If he had thought it was from a bat, he would have said so.
Bat or no bat. A "fall in the bathtub" doesn't equate to a fractured skull that rivals being beaten with a bat or falling from the 4th floor.

This man collapsed and I have no doubt the vaccine caused it, just like it did with Heather McDonald.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Where did I state that "there was no police investigation"? Link to that post.

All that is above? Is questions. Perhaps if you had answered questions -- since it appears you did indeed have answers -- instead of flinging accusations and assumptions and insults to slam "anti-vaxxers" by dragging up stories from about a decade ago the thread would have more information in it.

Done with this.
Post #31 of this thead.

Quote:
But. No investigation. Mmmkay. Because lots of people get smashed on the head and go to bed.

Interesting.
LMAO...it's my fault for you guys being too busy to get information prior to embarking upon wild inaccurate claims and "questions" even after I suggested you try to educate yourself on the topic?

Old 02-15-2022, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
No investigation, the autopsy said he hit his head on something, laid down and died from the pressure, bleeding in his skull.

Assuming they found him in the bed laying down, there probably wasn't an investigation.
Comedy gold. Careful, someone might actually take you seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies