Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If the government demanded we all put a chip in our bodies so they always know where we are, would y
No 162 89.50%
Yes 19 10.50%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 04:52 PM

10,500 posts, read 4,066,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
When I don't want anyone to know where I am I leave my phone at home and drive my 1980's vehicle.
Similar. I leave the phone at home and take the horse out in the back countries. Even then, where I go there is still no cell phone signal. I guess the movies like Red Dawn have it right that it would be those in the mountains that would survive to be able to fight back if a war broke out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
No. I already have a smart phone. There is no need.

I have no problem with the government knowing where I am all day, since I'm not committing any crimes (that I am aware of). Of course, there are lots of crimes people commit that they don't even know exist. So for most people, it's best to keep the government out of our lives as much as possible.
And what if the government is the one that's the criminal? All it takes for you to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and you witnessing some CIA agent or senator doing something wrong and they see you, it would be way too easy for them to hunt you down with your tracking device. People laugh at movies like Enemy Of The State, but don't forget, real life is far more stranger than fiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 05:29 PM

5,513 posts, read 9,506,560 times
I don't believe this question can be polled accurately. Because it's anonymous, I'm sure the number of "yes" votes is inflated by right-wingers trying to make left-wingers look bad. On the other hand, if it was not an anonymous poll, fewer people who might vote "yes" would vote "no" instead, because "yes" is obviously an unpopular opinion.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:33 PM

10,919 posts, read 4,586,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Wonder how many of those people who answered no are vaccinated

I am, and now, after a well lived life, I have heart problems. mild yes, but still.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:37 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,255,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
It seems to me those on the left will do anything the government requires if the government tells them it is in the best interest of the country. The government could very well require a chip. I don't put it past them.

I'd like to know if the left would prefer to have freedom of choice, as the truckers are fighting for right now, or if they are fine with doing what the government requires of them.
You have the right to your opinion, even is it is wrong.

The truckers have a choice. They can get vaxxed or find new employment.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:41 PM

25,873 posts, read 18,894,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Unnecessary.

About 90% of the adult population voluntarily own a smart phone.
I own one, but it never leaves the house. So I guess the government could track the whereabouts of my kitchen table.

As for the chip. If the government wants to insert one in my dead body, fine. But until then, no way.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:49 PM

4,884 posts, read 2,689,183 times
hell no but the day's coming when everybody born will have one..world wide..

Old 02-14-2022, 05:54 PM

10,919 posts, read 4,586,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I own one, but it never leaves the house. So I guess the government could track the whereabouts of my kitchen table.

As for the chip. If the government wants to insert one in my dead body, fine. But until then, no way.
may I ask a question, why do your posts seem to have your name in green, in a slight fade - that is editable?

Old 02-14-2022, 06:04 PM

18,498 posts, read 8,322,825 times
...as long as they test it out on all the illegals first

like that would ever happen

Old 02-14-2022, 06:33 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,040,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think this thread shows that (as of right now), 12% of the population would willingly give up their freedom, as they are apparently too lazy or stupid to think for themselves. Thinking is just so hard -- and they probably have other things to do, right?
This whole thread is a joke, right? When I saw that 10 people voted that they would be ok with that, I thought, well...perhaps they are being sarcastic. And then I started reading the comments. If this is even a wildly skewed representation of a cross-section of America....we are screwed. I'm still not sure if a lot of these comments are just to point out the absurdity of it all. But then truth is stranger than fiction, especially these days.

Old 02-14-2022, 06:35 PM

6,089 posts, read 2,876,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
may I ask a question, why do your posts seem to have your name in green, in a slight fade - that is editable?
That means you are friends with someone with whom that poster is also friends with, but you aren't friends with the poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies