Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2022, 04:10 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Like I said. You may think writing off $6 instead of $3 is just as bad as defrauding banks and not paying taxes on millions of dollars.
I do have to point out that one is likely a felony. Can you guess which one?
BOTH...

Quote:
WARNING: The information you provide will be used to determine whether you are prohibited by Federal or State law from receiving
a firearm. Certain violations of the Gun Control Act, 18 U.S.C. 921 et. seq., are punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment and/or up to a
$250,000 fine. Any person who exports a firearm without a proper authorization from either the Department of Commerce or the
Department of State, as applicable, is subject to a fine of not more than $1,000,000 and up to 20 years imprisonment.
Lying on your taxes and lying on a 4473 are both felonies. Why you ask? Sure let me tell you. They are both federal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 04:14 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
well, it wasn't really a question of "which one is accused" it was meant as "has either been accused".

If you can find me that link, I'd love to read it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...officials.html

Old 02-15-2022, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Then where are the charges?

nadler, is that you?

Old 02-15-2022, 04:27 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Nope. Mazars was hired to perform a compiled audit, not a certified audit. One requires the auditor to verify accuracy of documents and statements, the other doesn't. The Trump Organization chose not to have their financial statements certified. That's is the work product the client asked for and that's exactly what they did.
This to me is one of the more surprising things as most loans over 20 million would be certified audits and not compiled audits. And screams to me that Trump managed to coopt his banks lending manager.

Old 02-15-2022, 04:36 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

nadler, is that you?
No charges yet but he is certainly being accused of wrong doing- at least according to the article that I linked to. That is how I read it anyway. They want to talk to Ivanka and jr first to make sure they have all their facts correct. Seems like they are not wanting to cooperate and that is what’s holding it up. It’s been extremely difficult to have the Trump family come in to be questioned. Unusually difficult n fact.
Did you come away with a different interpretation?
From the article… this certainly sounds like an accusation to me?
James, who launched her probe in 2019, also said in the court filing that the former president "had ultimate authority over a wide swath of conduct by the Trump Organization involving misstatements to counterparties, including financial institutions, and the Internal Revenue Service."

Old 02-15-2022, 04:57 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhdTTEtuWL0

Old 02-15-2022, 04:58 PM

Quote:
No charges yet but he is certainly being accused of wrong doing- at least according to the article that I linked to. That is how I read it anyway. They want to talk to Ivanka and jr first to make sure they have all their facts correct. Seems like they are not wanting to cooperate and that is what’s holding it up. It’s been extremely difficult to have the Trump family come in to be questioned. Unusually difficult n fact.
Did you come away with a different interpretation?
From the article… this certainly sounds like an accusation to me?
James, who launched her probe in 2019, also said in the court filing that the former president "had ultimate authority over a wide swath of conduct by the Trump Organization involving misstatements to counterparties, including financial institutions, and the Internal Revenue Service."
Accusation? Why do you now care about accusations?

How you read it? Who cares how you read it, it's what is actually said.

"Unusually difficult in fact." Based off of what? Be specific.

You've made a lot of "what ifs" and provided nothing other than your opinion....

Old 02-15-2022, 05:00 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
since the Mazars letter specifically names Mr Bender as seeking info so he can complete Trump's personal tax return ... I don't think you're quite right.

I'm shocked you people haven't delved into finding out about this "Matt Calimari, Jr apartment"
IIRC, when that originally came up, Calamari was living in the apartment rent free, but it was not claimed as part of his compensation.

Bender is not the one I was talking about. I'll have to find the article.

Old 02-15-2022, 05:08 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
I see it from this link. It's the same letter, yes? So, what is page 1- the "Wallace Affirmation"?

As mentioned, I saw George Conway describing Bates numbering this morning. But his tweeting didn't include the actual letter.

I wonder if WaPo etal have done a FOIA for all 585K pages?
Here's a blowup from the letter. It was in the Daily Mail link I posted previously, but it its too small to read unless you blow it up. The Bates Number is in the lower right hand corner.
Attached Thumbnails
Trump's Accountants: 10 Years' Worth of Financial Statements No Longer Valid-screenshot-1625-.png  

Old 02-15-2022, 05:09 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

nadler, is that you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies