Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 12:52 PM

1,952 posts, read 827,682 times

Advertisements

I cannot imagine working in woke corporate America today.

How suffocating it must be....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 01:16 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,659,752 times
I doubt that was the entire story, but it makes for good banter online..

Old 02-15-2022, 01:19 PM

5,978 posts, read 2,233,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Lots of very vocal supporters for BLM and LGBTQ organizations. No 'pre-approval' needed to open those dialogues.

Only 'certain' viewpoints are targeted.

The fact that people can't see this distinction is pathetic at this point.
Actually, I would think it was the opposite and we need to Stop giving corporations human traits, corporations don't have feelings or care about politics unless it increases sales.

More likely it was Levi's wanting to push messaging through their executive team. Executives only make it to the executive level because they have shown a willingness to do whatever the corporation wants them to do.

This isn't the Mypillow guy that can do what he wants because he owns the shop, she is a bought and sold corporate executive that responds only in Corporate messaging approved by the corporation.

I guarantee those posts were signed off or encouraged by Levi Corp. Corporations don't have feelings and don't care about your politics, they want to sell stuff and will pander to anyone to do so. That is why they have commercials with cowboys in them, BLM signs, fashion commercials that no one understands on and on so one of them might hook you and you might buy some.

Old 02-15-2022, 01:25 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/yes...rand-president

Levi's fires a successful (and liberal) female VP because she supported re-opening schools. She was harassed and called names publicly at the company. More and more liberals are getting red-pilled and realize the progressive totalitarian mobs are coming after them as well.

"...Things changed when Covid hit. Early on in the pandemic, I publicly questioned whether schools had to be shut down. This didn’t seem at all controversial to me. I felt—and still do—that the draconian policies would cause the most harm to those least at risk, and the burden would fall heaviest on disadvantaged kids in public schools, who need the safety and routine of school the most.

I wrote op-eds, appeared on local news shows, attended meetings with the mayor’s office, organized rallies and pleaded on social media to get the schools open. I was condemned for speaking out. This time, I was called a racist—a strange accusation given that I have two black sons—a eugenicist, and a QAnon conspiracy theorist....

I refused to stop talking. I kept calling out hypocritical and unproven policies, I met with the mayor’s office, and eventually uprooted my entire life in California—I’d lived there for over 30 years—and moved my family to Denver so that my kindergartner could finally experience real school. We were able to secure a spot for him in a dual-language immersion Spanish-English public school like the one he was supposed to be attending in San Francisco.

National media picked up on our story, and I was asked to go on Laura Ingraham’s show on Fox News. That appearance was the last straw. The comments from Levi’s employees picked up—about me being anti-science; about me being anti-fat (I’d retweeted a study showing a correlation between obesity and poor health outcomes); about me being anti-trans (I’d tweeted that we shouldn’t ditch Mother’s Day for Birthing People’s Day because it left out adoptive and step moms); and about me being racist, because San Francisco’s public school system was filled with black and brown kids, and, apparently, I didn’t care if they died. They also castigated me for my husband’s Covid views—as if I, as his wife, were responsible for the things he said on social media.

All this drama took place at our regular town halls—a companywide meeting I had looked forward to but now dreaded.

Meantime, the Head of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the company asked that I do an “apology tour.” I was told that the main complaint against me was that “I was not a friend of the Black community at Levi’s.” I was told to say that “I am an imperfect ally.” (I refused.)

The fact that I had been asked, back in 2017, to be the executive sponsor of the Black Employee Resource Group by two black employees did not matter....

In the last month, the CEO told me that it was “untenable” for me to stay. I was offered a $1 million severance package, but I knew I’d have to sign a nondisclosure agreement about why I’d been pushed out.

The money would be very nice. But I just can’t do it. Sorry, Levi’s."
It's interesting that it's the science which says children are the least harmed by this virus, and yet the anti-science leftist authoritarians want to force vaccines and masks onto our healthy kids. They even force pre-schools to mask kids, and the kids suck on the masks, cover them with dirt, mucus, saliva, etc... and creating a very unhealthy environment for these kids.

Old 02-15-2022, 01:26 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,573,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
I cannot imagine working in woke corporate America today.

How suffocating it must be....
It sure is, but given the 15% bump I got late last year I can overlook a lot of things

Old 02-15-2022, 01:31 PM

1,952 posts, read 827,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
It sure is, but given the 15% bump I got late last year I can overlook a lot of things

I cannot imagine having to hide my opinions and feelings from my employer.

There is not a dollar amount I can attach to my freedom.

Old 02-15-2022, 01:37 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
As a parent of toddlers (one forced to wear masks in ‘school’), I always feel obligated to remind the broader audience of how minuscule of a concern COVID is to kids. BTW - my oldest (3) has had COVID, for whatever its worth.

Per CDC:

All Deaths Age 0-17 2020-2022 “Involving” COVID (in other words died while having covid): 795
Deaths from covid or influenza age 0-17 2020-2022: 223

Children should not be vaccinated against COVID, statistically speaking they are in no danger from this virus:

New research suggests COVID was less deadly than thought in first year of pandemic

The age group 0-19 still has the lowest estimated "infection fatality rate" (IFR) with 0.0013%, or 1.3 per 100,000, but that's half the IFR of July's study. Also halved: 20-29 year-olds with an IFR of 0.0088% and 40-49 with 0.042%.

The only age group without a lower IFR in the December update was 60-69 year-olds, which increased to 0.65%. The community-dwelling elderly had an IFR of 2.9% and elderly overall 4.9%, but the study noted a "steeply increasing IFR with larger proportions of people" 85 and older.

Old 02-15-2022, 01:40 PM

9,842 posts, read 4,626,999 times
Not surprising. Levi Strauss likes more BLUE than is in their blue jeans. Virtually all political donations went to the Democrats in 2020

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/lev...?id=D000035349

Old 02-15-2022, 03:01 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Actually, I would think it was the opposite and we need to Stop giving corporations human traits, corporations don't have feelings or care about politics unless it increases sales.

More likely it was Levi's wanting to push messaging through their executive team. Executives only make it to the executive level because they have shown a willingness to do whatever the corporation wants them to do.

This isn't the Mypillow guy that can do what he wants because he owns the shop, she is a bought and sold corporate executive that responds only in Corporate messaging approved by the corporation.

I guarantee those posts were signed off or encouraged by Levi Corp. Corporations don't have feelings and don't care about your politics, they want to sell stuff and will pander to anyone to do so. That is why they have commercials with cowboys in them, BLM signs, fashion commercials that no one understands on and on so one of them might hook you and you might buy some.
So what you are saying is that everything she has ever said to MSM/social media was scripted and preapproved by Levi's?

That Levi's is using a corporate executive as a PR spokesperson for very specific social agendas?

Old 02-15-2022, 03:03 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
The weirdest things is that it’s even controversial to want schools open and kids unmasked.

People will call you racist, classist, privileged, MAGA, Trump lover, Grandma killer, etc if you advocated to open schools. It’s weird that the left thinks getting kids back in school is a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies