Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 12:09 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
The freedom index, is just some index someone created.

Not to say USA doesn't have its problems, and is nowhere as free as traditionally Americans think they're, but what I'm reading coming out of Canada is so shocking, you don't deserve to call yourselves a free country at all.
Yes, created with conditions that have to be met by... the Heritage Foundation. Any idea who they are?

BTW, Canada ranks about #5 on that index. And from living half my time in the USA for the last decade, I know why. I am much freer with far less regulations in Canada than in the USA. I was shocked to discover what I took for granted in Canada, was either frowned upon, or illegal in the USA. Simple things like not being allowed to install my own water heater or windows because of laws prohibiting that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 12:53 AM

2,284 posts, read 637,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Yes, created with conditions that have to be met by... the Heritage Foundation. Any idea who they are?

BTW, Canada ranks about #5 on that index. And from living half my time in the USA for the last decade, I know why. I am much freer with far less regulations in Canada than in the USA. I was shocked to discover what I took for granted in Canada, was either frowned upon, or illegal in the USA. Simple things like not being allowed to install my own water heater or windows because of laws prohibiting that.
That's fine, and partly depends on where you live in Canada and the USA. Canada is more rural, so there are less regulations on these things.

But to rule that a father cannot share with his kids his best judgement on the virus and/or these vaccines is pure evil, and also not very free.

Old 02-15-2022, 07:04 AM

Quote:
That's fine, and partly depends on where you live in Canada and the USA. Canada is more rural, so there are less regulations on these things.
Canada is more rural? Have you ever driven through the USA? Seriously, have you? I have, twice a year from Montana to Florida, taking different routes.

About 18.4% of Canadians live rural, vs 19.3% in the USA.

Quote:
But to rule that a father cannot share with his kids his best judgement on the virus and/or these vaccines is pure evil, and also not very free.

So, the views of the mother, and science, is judgement doesn't count?

Old 02-15-2022, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Canada is more rural? Have you ever driven through the USA? Seriously, have you? I have, twice a year from Montana to Florida, taking different routes.

About 18.4% of Canadians live rural, vs 19.3% in the USA.

So, the views of the mother, and science, is judgement doesn't count?
What does "and science" mean? Science doesn't have an opinion. I'm sorry, you have been brainwashed.

Mother of course can say what she wants. So can the father. Whose preventing the mother again? I just see them preventing the father.

Old 02-15-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:
What does "and science" mean? Science doesn't have an opinion. I'm sorry, you have been brainwashed.

Mother of course can say what she wants. So can the father. Whose preventing the mother again? I just see them preventing the father.
I've made public policy decisions based on science for over 3 decades. I know a bit about it. Just a little.

Old 02-15-2022, 07:41 AM

Quote:
I've made public policy decisions based on science for over 3 decades. I know a bit about it. Just a little.
Interesting, tell me how you make public policy decisions on the "science" since science doesn't have an opinion, and scientists have conflicting theories all the time.

Old 02-15-2022, 07:41 AM

1,706 posts, read 636,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...the only compelling evidence the "father" had to bring to court about his "11 year old child".....is he's the kids GD FATHER
Most courts do care what the father thinks, only the mother. Sad, but its been that way for a while now.

Old 02-15-2022, 07:52 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
This is not a COVID story. It's a divorce story.

Happens every day, everywhere. Some people are grasping at straws to find their next "conspiracy."

Old 02-15-2022, 07:55 AM

1,937 posts, read 823,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Trudeau just called for Emergency Actions. The ONLY Rights that Canadians have now are what Trudeau says.
If you gave $20 to the Freedom Convoy, the Emergencies Act gives the government the power to freeze your bank account, since they think you are supporting terrorists.

Old 02-15-2022, 08:07 AM

5,983 posts, read 2,236,544 times
There was not going to be a good outcome either way. If the court sides with the father then it's the mother that will claim the court took her parental rights.

There was never going to be a winner, just degrees of loss including the child who is likely playing the pawn between two bitter adults.

My only question is what information was the Dad providing? I doubt he is providing scientific papers to an 11-year-old, would have like to see a sample of the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies