Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 12:30 PM

2,328 posts, read 960,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
All great empires die because they expand beyond their means.
Which is exactly what's happening with the hundreds of military bases around the globe that our government can't even keep track of.
We do not completely occupy nations as traditional imperialists did. Instead we use our military might to subjugate them.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:49 PM

1,203 posts, read 618,390 times
The Roman empire made it until the 15th century when it was defeated by the Ottomans. The eastern empire survived for nearly a thousand years after the collapse of the western empire. Their defeat led to a major rearrangement of the geopolitical order. Because of the collapse, Spain and Portugal started to invest heavily into finding a route to India and the spice islands. Within 50 years, Portugal had made it to India and Spain to the New world.

Old 02-22-2022, 01:21 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
Which is exactly what's happening with the hundreds of military bases around the globe that our government can't even keep track of.
We do not completely occupy nations as traditional imperialists did. Instead we use our military might to subjugate them.
Exactly what countries are we subjugating?

Old 02-22-2022, 02:27 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
America is destroying itself from within. We are eating each other alive. Political stances of both sides really don't have much meaning anymore. They just don't care and are only trying to get even with each other. Call them Nazis. Call them Communists. We've forgotten that we are all Americans first.

That's how a country collapses. The very fabric of society is eaten away. Maybe it started with the Viet Nam war, people for and people against, highly divided. Then the military wanted more wars because wars=money for them.

Capitalism is great but it can go too far and that's happened here too. Cut throat competition instead of friendly competition. If you have the right connections, the right talents, at the right time you can go far. Those who aren't so lucky are cruelly left behind. And then there are those, who, admittedly don't even try.

This place is all about money and greed. We've lost respect for our traditional values, including values about kindness and caring. Other countries have a better standard of living and it's not all about work and money. But our government doesn't fix that--it's more handouts to people who don't deserve it, more illegals coming in, more favoritism to whatever minority happens to be the star of the day, more time, money, and attention wasted on non important matters like telling us what words we are allowed to use, trying to figure out if there's any difference between a boy and a girl, phoney religious groups that brainwash people about politics when our Constitution is about separation of church and state, our school systems dropping their standards so that everyone is "equal", etc.

Back in the 1950s Russia said we would destroy ourselves from within and that's exactly what's happening. It's not about power and empire, it's about lowering our standards and causing chaos, no more rules--just be a slob and do anything you want but make sure you're getting a lot of money somehow=collapse of a society. end of America.
Great post

Old 02-22-2022, 02:32 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
Which is exactly what's happening with the hundreds of military bases around the globe that our government can't even keep track of. We do not completely occupy nations as traditional imperialists did. Instead we use our military might to subjugate them.
It isn't so much military subjugation. But that our military props up regimes either as policeman, or by arming them with our weapons. Moreover, we use economic extortion to control foreign countries. Think of "sanctions". That is the most extreme case, but trade deals, foreign aid, etc, falls into the same category. Most of the governments of the world would be overthrown without American support.

Old 02-22-2022, 04:37 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Are you even English? Or are you an immigrant from the Caribbean or Pakistan or something?

Do the English believe a Pakistani who immigrated there is truly English? Would George Orwell consider them English? Have you ever read "England your England" by George Orwell? Maybe you should.

https://orwell.ru/library/essays/lion/english/e_eye

You internationalists are the bane of humanity. And maybe someday you'll be dealt with.
My father was a Scot, my mother was from Sunderland - I am white, English & British, my Mrs mother is a Londoner her father is from Jamaica - she is bi-racial English & British, my stepkids are (obviously) a product of my Mrs and another ENGLISH man who's parents were from Trinidad - my stepkids are black English & British, their father is black English (from Croydon to be precise) & British, In my family I have an Uncle from Spain and a seperate Aunt also from Spain - my Uncle is Spanish his kids (my cousins) are English & British, other cousins have a Spanish Mother and my Uncle as parents - these cousins are English & British. My mothers brother married a lady from Kota Kinabalu, he is my Uncle he is white English & British, his wife is Asian & Malaysian, his kids (my cousins) are Malaysian, one of them is quite famous in Malaysia, she won a beauty competition (her half European looks are popular there) and became a singer:-

https://worldofbuzz.com/5-things-you...eryones-heart/

She is my mums brothers eldest child.

Does all that help?

Old 02-22-2022, 05:06 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Does all that help?
So is being British nothing more than a piece of paper? Is someone who shows up on a boat and gets a piece of paper, just as British as you?

Let's pretend that Xi Jinping stepped down as Chairman and his successor was a white guy. Would you find that strange? Do you think the Chinese people would be fine with it? Why or why not?

I realize you're just a globalist who imagines himself a citizen of the world. But here is the truth, you're not a globalist, you're an individualist, who has no people, no homeland, no culture, no nothing. You rarely see or talk to your own family, and the real English people, you know the ones outside of London, Birmingham, and a few other occupied areas, all hate you and wish you would leave their country.

And that includes Peter Hitchens.

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co...migration.html

Old 02-22-2022, 05:16 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
The United States will be a territory of China in 20-30 years.

Old 02-23-2022, 05:37 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
So is being British nothing more than a piece of paper? Is someone who shows up on a boat and gets a piece of paper, just as British as you?

Let's pretend that Xi Jinping stepped down as Chairman and his successor was a white guy. Would you find that strange? Do you think the Chinese people would be fine with it? Why or why not?

I realize you're just a globalist who imagines himself a citizen of the world. But here is the truth, you're not a globalist, you're an individualist, who has no people, no homeland, no culture, no nothing. You rarely see or talk to your own family, and the real English people, you know the ones outside of London, Birmingham, and a few other occupied areas, all hate you and wish you would leave their country.

And that includes Peter Hitchens.

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co...migration.html
Its the same 'here' as it is 'there', you don't become American by just 'turning up on a boat' do you. Britons come in all shapes, sizes, colours and ethnicities, are you suggesting that I'm not a 'real English' person? Based on what exactly??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies