Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 04:26 PM

17,605 posts, read 6,894,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Under New York’s new redistricting map, Rice’s district would reportedly be 55/43 Democratic. Pretty safe unless the midterms are a bloodbath for Democrats nationally, in other words.

Does Rice’s polling show signs of a bloodbath in the works?

More likely, I’m guessing, is that it shows her race is competitive, which is reason enough to bail out now. If NY-4 is uncertain then the House majority is surely gone. And Kathleen Rice has better things to do with her time, it seems, than serve in a powerless House caucus that may find itself in the minority for the next decade. “Thirty House Democrats have called it quits because they know their majority is doomed,” said a spokesman for the NRCC to The Hill. He’s not wrong.
Link: https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/...-towel-n448784

Hopefully each and every Democrat in the federal government retires. We'd all be better off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 04:36 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
I don't know how any sane adult could represent today's democratic party. They are actively running around the world with the "Russia Russia Russia!" football looking completely ridiculous. Leaders around the world including those in Ukraine have been calling out and mocking what they are doing. I would be downright embarrassed to call myself a democrat in today's political climate, but I can see the attraction for the sociopathic control freak types... Along with the plain old mentally insane. Who else would consider WW3 something fun to play around with????

Old 02-15-2022, 05:39 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
She ain’t “done”.
She’ll do something dumb like run for Governor, AG, or…President.
Typical career cronie.

Old 02-15-2022, 05:42 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post

Hopefully each and every Democrat in the federal government retires. We'd all be better off.
I used to live in her district when I lived on LI. When I was young it was a Republican stronghold. Now it leans blue. However it would not shock me if it went red in this election. Nassau county elected a Republican and got rid of the Democrat county executive. Tom Suozzi also in Nassau county announced he was not running. He barely squeaked by in the last election.

Old 02-15-2022, 05:48 PM

1,151 posts, read 615,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I don't know how any sane adult could represent today's democratic party. They are actively running around the world with the "Russia Russia Russia!" football looking completely ridiculous. Leaders around the world including those in Ukraine have been calling out and mocking what they are doing. I would be downright embarrassed to call myself a democrat in today's political climate, but I can see the attraction for the sociopathic control freak types... Along with the plain old mentally insane. Who else would consider WW3 something fun to play around with????
Represent? How in the world can they get any, and I mean any votes? These people are out of their minds and our culture and livelihood are at stake. Good grief.

Old 02-15-2022, 06:03 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:

Don't mean a damn thing. Don't forget, the Republicans that have been in power for a long time like the Bush dynasty, Mitch McConnel, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, etc were RINO's, and they are the reason why the far left whack jobs been able to get into power so much. And the democrats leaving now could be replaced by radical crazies like AOC or Lori Lightfoot.

Old 02-15-2022, 08:29 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
It's really sad that we're losing moderates in both parties. They are the sane ones who try and keep the country from going off the rails.

Old 02-15-2022, 08:31 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,066,501 times
Quote:

Good we don’t need any of them.

Old 02-15-2022, 08:36 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's really sad that we're losing moderates in both parties. They are the sane ones who try and keep the country from going off the rails.

LOL no they need Trump back in there so lefties crawl back under the rocks they've been living under most of their lives. The best way to accomplish that is to allow the most ignorant, loud and obnoxious democrats to take over the party. Hopefully they will talk down to the American people like Hillary did. That will get the people good and POed while Brandon is busy destroying anything and everything he touches. Democrats won't be in the white house for decades at the rate this is going.

Old 02-15-2022, 08:52 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
LOL no they need Trump back in there so lefties crawl back under the rocks they've been living under most of their lives. The best way to accomplish that is to allow the most ignorant, loud and obnoxious democrats to take over the party. Hopefully they will talk down to the American people like Hillary did. That will get the people good and POed while Brandon is busy destroying anything and everything he touches. Democrats won't be in the white house for decades at the rate this is going.
Well you just proved my point of why we need moderates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies