Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2022, 01:04 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Makes sense. It took place in New Jersey, a Democratic place. And Democrats have always been the party of racism, going back all the way to their founding....

The article is pure race-baiting. The only thing we're told is that a black man and a white man fought and the black man was the only one handcuffed. We're not given ANY context. It seems the black man was the first one to physically touch the other person. That would be why he was put in cuffs first. And, it seems that "The video ends as one of the officers walks back to the white teen. It’s unclear if he was also pinned to the ground and handcuffed." So, we don't know if the white man was handcuffed?

This article is total race-baiting. We don't even have all the facts, yet the article persuades it's audience to believe something they can't even confirm.

Exactly~!

One can 'only assume' that OP is a Social Warrior who wants to grandstand on 'Ihearts' article.

We see in the Video the white kid putting his hands in the face of the Black kid and it being knocked away. Then the Black kid gets aggressive and pushes the white kid away (typical playground antics and BS).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 01:07 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,073 times
Yawn...(stretch)

That's it... ???
You even bother to post this as an example of Racism?

Bhahaahaa...
Iheart...that's a good source; 'Iheart.com' ???

The cops had good reason to cuff the Black Kid as he was the one who was still swingin when the cops came to break it up. White kid immediately stops after cops show up.

What facts does the writer quote?

-Oh wait, the black kids mother was there to defend him and raise suspicion of 'Racism' by cops (where have i heard this before).

Why does source only get info from the Black Kids family?

Why is there so much 'Anti-white BS propaganda' in the news?
Why is OP even taking a Side on this NON-ISSUE ???

Old 02-16-2022, 01:17 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,184,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
We see in the Video the white kid putting his hands in the face of the Black kid and it being knocked away. Then the Black kid gets aggressive and pushes the white kid away (typical playground antics and BS).
That's not what's on the video. The larger, lighter-skinned youth pushed the black youth away after the black youth pushed his hand out of his face.

Further, the Latino youth commented on the incident:
Quote:
The way police handled the Black teen also surprised the 15-year-old he was fighting. In an interview with WPIX, the boy, identified only as Joey, said he immediately knew that the way police were handling the Black teen was “wrong.”

“I knew there was going to be problems when they did that,” he said. “They didn’t go for me.”

Joey also wondered why the officers didn’t put him in handcuffs as they had with the Black teen. Video of the incident shows Joey — who WPIX reported is Latino — putting his wrists together. “I didn’t understand why,” he told WPIX. “I even offered to get handcuffed as well.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...k-teen-police/

So, no, the police did not handcuff both youths. In fact, it was the black youth who was on the bottom when the police broke up the fight. Him they restrained and handcuffed.

This is a developing story.

Old 02-16-2022, 01:25 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LES-Adrian View Post
Maybe they need to pull another George Floyd “protest” over this?
If there is no repercussions after having found out the police were acting incorrectly, then I might join those protests. Id expect most of my neighbors would join in solidarity. I wouldn’t be surprised if the white kids family participates given their public statements.
NJ is a community minded state. BLM protests were in just about every community last year. Lots of family participation.
How else should the public let the leadership know of their displeasure, if that is the way the cookie crumbles.

Old 02-16-2022, 01:41 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
I don't buy it. If a cop, female or not, can't tackle someone then she shouldn't be a cop. Besides what does that have to do with arresting the black boy but not the white boy?
Neither were arrested. Both were detained. Both got 3 year bans from the mall.

You've clearly just jumped into this thread with lots of post not based upon fact.

Old 02-16-2022, 01:44 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
If there is no repercussions after having found out the police were acting incorrectly, then I might join those protests. Id expect most of my neighbors would join in solidarity. I wouldn’t be surprised if the white kids family participates given their public statements.
NJ is a community minded state. BLM protests were in just about every community last year. Lots of family participation.
How else should the public let the leadership know of their displeasure, if that is the way the cookie crumbles.
Be sure to pick me up something from the mall during the protest.

Old 02-16-2022, 02:01 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Be sure to pick me up something from the mall during the protest.
Will do. I see no conflict there.
It’s a good mall.
Maybe lunch at Cheesecake Factory after. Protesting makes me hungry.

Old 02-16-2022, 02:37 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Wish it where just one video. I truly do. This video is a crystallizer event though. A lot of people are going to see all of the worst in their own crappy experiences right here in these 15 seconds. Wrong or right, foolish or wise.

A lot going on here...

The white kid seemed a much more experienced fighter, and while the black kid gets points for enthusiasm, his arm flailing was ineffectual against the white kid's take-down technique.

I wouldn't be surprised if the white kid is/was on his school's wrestling team.

This is important because while he was taking the fight to his black opponent, the female officer appeared to have tremendous difficulty pulling him away from the downed youth.

The male officer was fully engaged with the black kid (already on the ground) and seemed committed from the start to put cuffs on him.

I would think police would be trained to protect their partner as a priority, and that would explain her leaving the white kid to assist her partner until the cuffs were on.

She may have also realized that going toe-to-toe with the larger white kid was a really bad idea and exited the situation as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

Maybe someone from LE could shed some light on proper procedures for situations like this.

Me?

I sure as hell wouldn't have allowed the unrestrained white kid to walk up on the cuffed black kid.

That's crazy.

Bigger, stronger (male) cops would have been able handle the situation differently, but when one half of the cop team is a physical liability, bad things are sure to happen.

I would hate to get my ass kicked by a big male cop, but I would like even less to be shot by a female cop because she doesn't have an alternative course of action. i.e., kicking my ass.

As for the narrative that police are racist and target blacks because they dislike blacks, there may be a grain of truth in that, but the reality is this racist tendency is wildly exaggerated.

Blacks, far more than whites, do things that are illegal.

And the illegal acts are far more likely to be felonies and violent when blacks are the perps.

Don't commit crimes and the racist cops will never get the opportunity to do the things racist cops do.

Old 02-16-2022, 02:46 PM

10,742 posts, read 5,668,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
Who is they? You mean the mall spectators?

Ok, let's see what the investigation by the Bridgewater Police uncovers. You seem that there is likelihood that the that the other kid was cuffed, however, no reports as of now are stating that. Even if he was, the woman officer let him sit on a couch, compose. One could speculate maybe the two kids apologized to each other, minutes after the video ends if we go down that path of speculation.
I didn’t see the female officer let the white kid sit down to compose himself, I saw the female officer go to assist her partner in subduing the black kid.

Old 02-16-2022, 03:14 PM

3,499 posts, read 2,786,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Neither were arrested. Both were detained. Both got 3 year bans from the mall.

You've clearly just jumped into this thread with lots of post not based upon fact.
You keep sidestepping how the tyrannical cops cuffed the black teen while the white teen was allowed to sit on the couch.

What the White teen said says it all.

"Tuesday night, he told PIX11 News — with his mother’s permission — that he couldn’t believe he wasn’t also placed in cuffs. “I didn’t understand why,” the teen said. “I even offered to get handcuffed as well.”

https://pix11.com/news/local-news/ne...e-of-policing/

These cops are undermining freedom. Why do people keep on defending them? I guess they prefer slavery and bondage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies