Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 07:44 PM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, Suge Knight is loaded. He's also a celebrity. He might have some pull in prison with all the money he has.

The average person, especially the average Black male, going to prison, does have that kind of money. Far from it. For the average prisoner, there isn't much protection. Alot of fights, alot of gangs, abuse, etc. And you have to hustle in prison to survive. Not everyone gets someone on the street to put something on their commissary. If a prison can even get a prison job, the prisoner gets about 86 cents per day. In South Carolina, prisoners don't get paid for "non-industry" prison jobs. Being in prison is a struggle to survive. I've never been to prison, so I don't have any first hand experience with prison. However, based on documentaries I've wanted, prison is no joke.

There is plenty of violence on the streets. The very violence that results in said individuals going to prison. Plenty of gangs on the streets.
This makes no sense. If he's loaded, and I know he is. Why wouldn't he rather be spending his money and time having fun, rather than being in prison. I don't care how much pull he has, freedom is better than incarceration any day, unless you have a mental issue, or just like being a part of violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies