Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 07:22 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times

Advertisements

I admit that I am, even though I have never advocated for any kind of violent protest, and I never will. However, I am now thinking that that won't be good enough and that any disagreement with government policies or statements might cause me to regret it. This is in light of recent events in Canada and recent statements made by Biden/Psaki.

As a senior, my chances are better than average that I won't live more than another 20 years, and I just want to live my final years in as much peace as I can, and I also admit that I do not want to jeopardize my financial security (even though I am not sure how much financial security actually exists for the "bottom 98%" today).

So even though I feel very bad about doing so, I am going to limit the number of my posts here on out and be much more circumspect in what I write. But I will not voluntarily submit to mRNA "vaccines", no matter what they do.

What say you?

P.S. I will be reading all replies, but I will try not to respond to any of them.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:25 AM

19,029 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Wise man. At least, someone gets it. And, btw, I will not voluntarily submit to mRNA "vaccines", no matter what they do. is sign of terrorist activity, by virtue of disagreeing with the official vaccine narrative.
Missed that one, aye, mate?

Old 02-16-2022, 07:26 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
I am still going to post what I feel is right regardless of what the left thinks.

If anything, my feelings about the left being control freaks who do not tolerate other opinions other than their own has been confirmed over the last several years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I admit that I am, even though I have never advocated for any kind of violent protest, and I never will. However, I am now thinking that that won't be good enough and that any disagreement with government policies or statements might cause me to regret it.

As a senior, my chances are better than average that I won't live more than another 20 years, and I just want to live my final years in as much peace as I can, and I admit that I do not want to jeopardize my financial security (even though I am not sure how much financial security actually exists for the "bottom 98%" today).

So even though I feel very bad about doing so, I am going to limit the number of my posts here on out and be much more circumspect in what I write. But I will not voluntarily submit to mRNA "vaccines", no matter what they do.

What say you?

Old 02-16-2022, 07:27 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
I admit that I am, even though I have never advocated for any kind of violent protest, and I never will. However, I am now thinking that that won't be good enough and that any disagreement with government policies or statements might cause me to regret it.

As a senior, my chances are better than average that I won't live more than another 20 years, and I just want to live my final years in as much peace as I can, and I admit that I do not want to jeopardize my financial security (even though I am not sure how much financial security actually exists for the "bottom 98%" today).

What say you?
I think you're being really paranoid unless you've been making posts referencing specific plans to commit acts of violence.

If you think they're going to blacklist you and take away your social security, just remember the #1 influencing tactic used on Senior Citizen voters. Scare the heck out of them. You might want to instead cut back on where you're hearing this kind of propaganda.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:31 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
What you believe in is defined by what you're willing to risk.

What do you believe in?

Old 02-16-2022, 07:31 AM

19,029 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Free speech is on notice in America. On Wednesday, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security issued a terrorism threat bulletin through the National Terrorism Advisory System. That threat is freedom of speech exercising Americans upset with the direction the country is headed. Such threats include

opposing government mask mandates,
questioning confusing and often contradicting government health guidance,

having a different opinion than the Democrat party and
questioning the rampant corruption within the federal government and the Department of Justice.

https://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/202...1&fr=operanews

Old 02-16-2022, 07:32 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,212,399 times
If you feel your right for free speech no longer exists - or that speaking freely could jeopardize your financial security (govt. confiscation) that says something about where are country is right now under Democratic leadership and control.

Dems need to wake up to what their elected officials are doing because they will have to live in a world where everyone is controlled and targeted - not just those who state the obvious flaws of the official narrative. Everyone loses when confidence collapses in the govt.

This is all about control of the population by govt. so they can remain in power. I'm not going to keep quiet - just the opposite.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:34 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
I admit that I am, even though I have never advocated for any kind of violent protest, and I never will. However, I am now thinking that that won't be good enough and that any disagreement with government policies or statements might cause me to regret it. This is in light of recent events in Canada and recent statements made by Biden/Psaki.

As a senior, my chances are better than average that I won't live more than another 20 years, and I just want to live my final years in as much peace as I can, and I also admit that I do not want to jeopardize my financial security (even though I am not sure how much financial security actually exists for the "bottom 98%" today).

What say you?

P.S. I will be reading all replies, but I will try not to respond to any of them.
No. There are a few posters trying to get me suspended / banned on here. You aren't going to shut me up....

Old 02-16-2022, 07:35 AM

1,952 posts, read 828,762 times
It is not in my nature to go along to get along...sorry.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:37 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
I will continue to post my views on this site. I no longer am a member of FB, Instagram, Tweeter, etc. because I disagree with their ability to censor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies